Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck Is Just Like Peyton...

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He calls some of his own plays at the line and he has a father who played in the NFL (just like Peyton's father, Archie), so the similarities are certainly many. I think the NFL father support is huge. There's no way it's just a coincidence that both Peyton and Eli were 1st overall draft picks, both won Superbowls (back-to-back!) and are still starting for two NFL teams after such a long expanse of time, so we may see the same fatherly love and support rub onto Luck. It seems it definitely pays to have family connections in football.

He calls some of his own plays at the line and he has a father who played in the NFL (just like Peyton's father, Archie), so the similarities are certainly many. I think the NFL father support is huge. There's no way it's just a coincidence that both Peyton and Eli were 1st overall draft picks, both won Superbowls (back-to-back!) and are still starting for two NFL teams after such a long expanse of time, so we may see the same fatherly love and support rub onto Luck. It seems it definitely pays to have family connections in football.

Name me another father son connection at quarterback in the NFL other than Peyton Manning and Eli Manning.

the way he stutters during interviews, he always focuses on football and never really gets out of topic, and even the way he plays is similar to Peyton!

The only similarity must be the occasional studdering, otherwise, their game play is not even close to a resemblance, and you would be insulting Peyton to insinuate that!

its just like getting a job, its who you know. Who was Lucks father who played in the NFL?

The only similarity must be the occasional studdering, otherwise, their game play is not even close to a resemblance, and you would be insulting Peyton to insinuate that!

i didnt mean productively but his postures when he throws the ball and everything looks alot similar

No one is like Peyton, just like no one is like Drew Brees, Ben Rothlesburger, Josh Freeman, Landry Jones, Robert Griffin III, Matt Barkley, or Andrew Luck...

This doesn't make any sense. Luck IS a lot like Peyton, so his original assessment is correct. You just dislike Luck so much that you had to chime in, didn't you?

Kinda similar to you, who loves Luck so much you had to chime in.

I stand by what i said. Someone has to be the voice of reason in here.. you all want to put your chips on a washed up QB who has 2 years left in him on a team that needs rebuilding. With Manning back next year, even at his best, we will only go 8-8 or barely 9-7 depending on if we have an easy schedule.

I stand by what i said. Someone has to be the voice of reason in here.. you all want to put your chips on a washed up QB who has 2 years left in him on a team that needs rebuilding. With Manning back next year, even at his best, we will only go 8-8 or barely 9-7 depending on if we have an easy schedule.

And what will Luck have the Colts if Manning is out of the picture 2-14? 3-13? With this terrible team, you're funny! If Manning is not a Colt, you can laugh all you want, watch how many Colts fans will no longer be Colts fans, and then some may be laughing at you for 3-5 losing seasons post Manning, with your savior Andrew Luck!

Washed up? Last season he had 4700 yards with BLAIR WHITE as a starting WR....Just because you are head over heels, scary in love with Andrew Luck, does NOT make him a good NFL QB without ever playing a snap yet...just like your love for Luck, and our probability of having the #1 pick does not make Manning "washed up".

Provided that Peyton's nerve heals adequately enough, i would wager that he has a GREAT season next year...where as, Luck, will likely struggle to win for the next 3-4 seasons regardless of what team he plays for.

Again similar to how you want to put all your chips on a unproven rookie. I'll take the future first round HOF and arguably G.O.A.T, over a rookie anytime. Peyton took a team twice as bad as this 10-6 last year all while playing with the injury that he has now fixed! I know, I know it is kinda surprising to think that a surgery is actually meant to fix somebody's injury and not ruin them. If the surgery is a success then Peyton could easily finish his contract, playing at his normal level the whole way or even, here comes the scary part!... BETTER then he has before. With his injury healed, arm strength back to where it was 4 years ago and still the maturity he has developed from playing with this horrible excuse of a team for the last 4 years, one can only imagine. Especially if he comes back to an improved team.

So you asked why I would put all my chips in on Peyton? The answer to that is because I believe we have yet to see Peyton play at his highest level.

No....no he's not. In fact, he doesn't play like him at all. So he calls plays at the line. Pretty much every QB in the world does that now. I've watched 2A high school QB's do that.

doogan...very few QBs create the play at the line...

..many audible///.or choose from options...

Manning calls the formation and waits until he gets to the line to call the play..

That's why they can go no-huddle so easily.

Word is...Luck can do that..too...That's why folks liken him to manning..

Name me another father son connection at quarterback in the NFL other than Peyton Manning and Eli Manning.

Bob and Brian Griese.

Phil and Chris Sims

Jack and Jeff Kemp

Emery and Kent Nix

David and Charlie Whitehurst

Might have missed a few on this page:http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2270_The_NFL's_158_father-son_combos.html

Only knew Griese and Sims off teh top of my head.

Again similar to how you want to put all your chips on a unproven rookie. I'll take the future first round HOF and arguably G.O.A.T, over a rookie anytime. Peyton took a team twice as bad as this 10-6 last year all while playing with the injury that he has now fixed! I know, I know it is kinda surprising to think that a surgery is actually meant to fix somebody's injury and not ruin them. If the surgery is a success then Peyton could easily finish his contract, playing at his normal level the whole way or even, here comes the scary part!... BETTER then he has before. With his injury healed, arm strength back to where it was 4 years ago and still the maturity he has developed from playing with this horrible excuse of a team for the last 4 years, one can only imagine. Especially if he comes back to an improved team.

So you asked why I would put all my chips in on Peyton? The answer to that is because I believe we have yet to see Peyton play at his highest level.

i completely agree!!!!!!

Bob and Brian Griese.

Phil and Chris Sims

Jack and Jeff Kemp

Emery and Kent Nix

David and Charlie Whitehurst

Might have missed a few on this page:http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2270_The_NFL's_158_father-son_combos.html

Only knew Griese and Sims off teh top of my head.

I was talking about more so elite level quarterbacks, but that's fine.

No....no he's not. In fact, he doesn't play like him at all. So he calls plays at the line. Pretty much every QB in the world does that now. I've watched 2A high school QB's do that.

Ur always hating on luck lol

Can't wait to talk anout him in about 5 years after he's already won a super bowl and see your comments then.

Here's where I disagree with you some. Peyton's physical skills are declining every year. They will not get better. All the great including Unitas, Montana, Steve Young, Dan Marino... etc... all of them had to deal with declining ability physically and then eventually retire. Manning is just arriving at that homestretch now. Also, I cannot see how his incredible mind can get any better than he has already made it. Sometimes over the last few Years, I feel he may have even outsmarted himself on occasion. When you climb a mountain and reach the peak, you go back down (the other side) if you 'keep on climbing'. Manning will always be 'good', but we will not ever see anything like another 2004 like season out of him. Hopefully, he has 3 good ones left before noticeable deteriation in ability becomes apparent.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted · Hidden by shecolt, January 7, 2012 - personal shot
Hidden by shecolt, January 7, 2012 - personal shot

Can't wait to talk anout him in about 5 years after he's already won a super bowl and see your comments then.

Your wasting your breath trying to convince DookiesQuest, that life moves on without Peyton. That dude has never had any vision, probably because he's stuck in medieval times judging by his avatar.

And what will Luck have the Colts if Manning is out of the picture 2-14? 3-13? With this terrible team, you're funny! If Manning is not a Colt, you can laugh all you want, watch how many Colts fans will no longer be Colts fans, and then some may be laughing at you for 3-5 losing seasons post Manning, with your savior Andrew Luck!

This post is nonsense. With Luck we won't be 2-14... but then again with no Peyton we were 2-14, so what are you complaining about? My scenerio means we aren't relying on an injured washed up QB to be our savior. Can the same be said about your plan to make sure we don't go 2-14 again if Manning gets re-injured next season with one hit?

This post is nonsense. With Luck we won't be 2-14... but then again with no Peyton we were 2-14, so what are you complaining about? My scenerio means we aren't relying on an injured washed up QB to be our savior. Can the same be said about your plan to make sure we don't go 2-14 again if Manning gets re-injured next season with one hit?

This is a very silly statement, Andrew Luck could get injured next season with one hit... so could anyone in the NFL for that matter. The what if game is not very reliable.

what makes you think he can win a superbowl? (blame the kicker if you like) he couldn't even win a chip and dip bowl.

what makes you think he can win a superbowl? (blame the kicker if you like) he couldn't even win a chip and dip bowl.

The kicker who missed three FGs, including one which would have one the game and one in OT? Okay, I'll blame the kicker thanks :)

I do not understand the hype around Luck. If he had won against good Defenses and took Stanford to the National Championship, I would have no problem with him, but he has not and did not. The College scouts do not have him rank above average for football IQ. There are other QBs that are going to be lower in the draft that will just as good as Luck.