Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Demaryius Thomas says teammates underestimated the Colts

RockThatBlue

They under estimated the Seahawks in the Super Bowl too underestimated the Ravens at home  2 years ago right? You got beat dude pull up the panties.

You might want to look at your QB's playoff record He had won a playoff game in back to back seasons once in his career I could see why you would think that would change with age easiest money on the board was all those overrated big name FA's going one and done. It would not mattered who you played you were one and done look at the past it will give you a pretty good insight to the future

Bringing that guy would be a blunder.

Look at his record, when it matters he always drops and he is a soft receiver for his size. He is good in spurts.

Same as the other Thomas let someone else pay them and he just admitted he wasn't mentally ready for a playoff game take it somewhere else please.

After watching that entire interview, the Bronco's came across as a weak minded, soft team that had no business going beyond the divisional round of the playoffs...  Holy cow..

He even said that there were players that were scared to go into New England against the Pats...  scared! lol...  One thing is for sure, there was only 1 team that should be representing the AFC in the Super Bowl this year and thats the Patriots..   They're the only ones up for the task of being Seattle, everyone else would get curb stomped like the Broncos did last year.

I believd him until he said he has all the confidence in the world in Brock..

I know he has to say that but...if Peyton retires..DT's agent will be on the phone to Ryan Grigson in 30 minutes..

The last thing the Colts need to improve their roster is a top paid WR..

They have plenty of weapons on offense, hence why they were the highest scoring team this year were they not?  Their problem is that they get torn up like a wet paper bag when trying to play defense against well balanced teams with the run game.

The Colts would be MUCH better off spending that kind of money on a guy like Terrance Knighton to sure up that front 7.. I'd laugh if the Colts spent top money on another WR weapon for Luck.. all that would do is help him put up higher numbers, not win playoff games.

The Colts would love Demariyus Thomas to replace Reggie..don't kid yourself..

If they get home field throughout the post-season....with Luck and the initrioal guys (DT and TY) .they wont get beat

Yea i guess so, thats the strategy the Colts employed in the early 2000's but if they don't get home field advantage then they're in serious trouble..

but you're right, if they did manage to get HFA throughout, that offense could definitely make them an extremely potent team.. and the Super Bowl is almost always played in a dome, or at least a warm climate.

There are just so many other holes that the Colts have, they would be better served in addressing those to make the foundation of their team more solid...

Just look at both teams in the Super Bowl right now.. Neither of them have a ton of talent on offense.. The Patriots have Gronk and Edelman, the Seahawks have Lynch.  Their offensive lines are pretty solid and they're proving that the outside skill positions aren't as important as winning down in the trenches

The Colts would love Demariyus Thomas to replace Reggie..don't kid yourself..If they get home field throughout the post-season....with Luck and the initrioal guys (DT and TY) .they wont get beat

Speak for yourself. I want no part of a high priced wide receiver

Yea i guess so, thats the strategy the Colts employed in the early 2000's but if they don't get home field advantage then they're in serious trouble..

but you're right, if they did manage to get HFA throughout, that offense could definitely make them an extremely potent team.. and the Super Bowl is almost always played in a dome, or at least a warm climate.

There are just so many other holes that the Colts have, they would be better served in addressing those to make the foundation of their team more solid...

Just look at both teams in the Super Bowl right now.. Neither of them have a ton of talent on offense.. The Patriots have Gronk and Edelman, the Seahawks have Lynch.  Their offensive lines are pretty solid and they're proving that the outside skill positions aren't as important as winning down in the trenches

That strategy you speak of didn't fail the Colts...in my opinion...it got them to the big Bowls twice..JM..

To me..you have to gear your team for where you play...QBs and receivers and speed indoors...in a warm weather division

.NE and Seattle play in different home situations...they would not do this but they don't play indoors

But indoors..with Luck...DT is more valuable for the Colts than Pot Roast.

..Of course..no law says that couldnt pursue both....Reggie and Robert Mathis' deals will be off the books by the end of next year

I think you draft O-linmen...good ones who aren't hurt just arent on the market

In a year..TY will be a high priced wide receiver..Reggie already is one..You must replace Reggie.....you want as many quality players as you can get to go against Denver and NE

Yes he will be and I damn sure don't want another one in FA. You seemed to have learned very little from the past.

In a year..TY will be a high priced wide receiver..Reggie already is one..

You must replace Reggie..

...you want as many quality players as you can get to go against Denver and NE

Yea, but I think TY's new contract will be offset by the inevitable retirement of Reggie Wayne and I think you could replace Reggie Wayne with another decent veteran WR from free agency rather than break the bank for a guy like DT who has disappeared in some pretty big games lately.

It will be interesting to see how they approach FA and the draft this year, the Colts are just a few pieces away from being a top contender.. Honestly they need to do something about that front 7 on defense though, because even if you have a great cast of offensive weapons, if teams are rushing all over you and limiting your time of possession, you can't get back onto the field to utilize those weapons

Yea, but I think TY's new contract will be offset by the inevitable retirement of Reggie Wayne and I think you could replace Reggie Wayne with another decent veteran WR from free agency rather than break the bank for a guy like DT who has disappeared in some pretty big games lately.

It will be interesting to see how they approach FA and the draft this year, the Colts are just a few pieces away from being a top contender.. Honestly they need to do something about that front 7 on defense though, because even if you have a great cast of offensive weapons, if teams are rushing all over you and limiting your time of possession, you can't get back onto the field to utilize those weapons

I think if you try to go cheap..you end up with hakeem nicks trying to beat Darelle Revis..in a big game

Youre right...I agree the Colts need to get a better front 7...I think the games against NE makes that obvious ..

...Offense and defense isn't either or...spending money on a high priced defender is just as risky as a high priced WR

Get both...and draft the O-linemen you need....agressively pursue top players...

.and forget Seattle..they were stone lucky building the team they have

When you draft Wilson 3rd and Sherman 5th..you know what that means to me?

It means Seattle passed on them 2 or 3 times..because they didnt think they;d be as good as they are, either.

1 I didn't say that

2 positional value ......wide receivers don't have it. You live in the Polian/Peyton past

Your thinking either/or....

You can get top WRs AND good defenders...I would take the success level we've had for 15 years

You must build your team to suit where you play. Its foolish to do other wise

Your thinking either/or....

You can get top WRs AND good defenders...I would take the success level we've had for 15 years

You must build your team to suit where you play. Its foolish to do other wise

They won't make a run for DT. He is going to get huge money.

After watching that entire interview, the Bronco's came across as a weak minded, soft team that had no business going beyond the divisional round of the playoffs... Holy cow..

He even said that there were players that were scared to go into New England against the Pats... scared! lol... One thing is for sure, there was only 1 team that should be representing the AFC in the Super Bowl this year and thats the Patriots.. They're the only ones up for the task of being Seattle, everyone else would get curb stomped like the Broncos did last year.

"Only ones up for the task of beating Seattle"

Ummmm.......

Call the Legion of Boom and ask them about that man Try Hilton

:colts:

Your thinking either/or....You can get top WRs AND good defenders...I would take the success level we've had for 15 yearsYou must build your team to suit where you play. Its foolish to do other wise

There is a little thing called the salary cap

You build a team to win in the playoffs