Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Maybe Peyton isnt coming back

oldunclemark

I hope he retires.  His career started with us and it should end with us. 

I think he realizes that he won't be getting another Super Bowl ring regardless.  His best years are behind him and he isn't getting any younger.  I don't really want to see him hang on too long and become a shell of himself.  Want to remember him at his best.   Hope he retires soon as a Colt.

I hope he retires.  His career started with us and it should end with us. 

I think he realizes that he won't be getting another Super Bowl ring regardless.  His best years are behind him and he isn't getting any younger.  I don't really want to see him hang on too long and become a shell of himself.  Want to remember him at his best.   Hope he retires soon as a Colt.

I'm leaning in that direction too CM1788. Peyton's no spring chicken anymore, he's got 1 SB ring, he's a 1st ballot HOF, & what's the point of getting knocked out of the playoffs yet again? 

Besides, it's time for Philip Rivers to take the AFC West over. Manning can't play forever. I know 18 is a great ambassador for the league, but even Presidential ambassadorships only last 8 years maximum. 

Peyton had a nice career, but let's be honest, it's over.

I don't need to watch the press conference because Manning is what 39 or 40? The NFL is a young man's game & he is an elder statesmen now. Leave the game before you take a horrific hit & impede the quality of your life. Think of your wife & children too. It's just not worth it now. JMO. 

"I don't really want to see him hang on too long and become a shell of himself." An excellent point I wanna remember Peyton from his 2005-2009 window not the QB who just can't carry a team to the Lombardi Promise land anymore. It's like a rock star who hung around a little too long. I have no desire to see that tragedy unfold.  

It's his decision and I respect The Sheriff either way, but I hope he goes down in flames. That's how the true greats go.

[/quote

That's what I think...BC...

That last game wasn't good and he wasn't healthy.

What got me was that he seemed to suggest that injury wasn't an issue.

I'm wondering if someone in his family does not want him to continue playing

He said (in different words) that he wanted to make sure he can help the team win and not be a burden and drag his team down.

Io hope that's it because DeMarcus Ware and Emmanuel sanders aren't going very far without Peyton and they can talk him into anther season..didn't come to Denver to play with Brock Osweiler

Elway considered retirement in his mid-30s, too..

I'm hoping its just the sting of a bad loss..

The man has nothing to prove and unfortunately he doesn't have what it takes to get where he wants to. He should hang them up great career first ballot hall of fame. There is no reason man that neck thing scares the crap out of me. He is going to lose weapons this was the year didn't happen get out in one piece we will start your statue at Lucas Oil

It's a tough decision. 

1) I think he's disappointed with his time in Denver.  Bronco fans like him but Colts fans love him.  I think he thought he'd have a ring with them by now.  I also believe that last year's SB was particularly painful for him.

2) Once you go, you go.  If you go and come back, you're Brett Favre.  (Jets and Vikings).

3) He's probably questioning himself on what next year will look like.  Will he return to full form?  How much longer do I do this?

I hope the best for him.  

I see no reason why he should retire.  Until he go hurt he was the best quarterback in the league by a fairly wide margin once again and there is no reason to believe he won't be yet again.

This is the same guy who said 2 months ago...he was sure he'd be back if the Brocnos would have him..no matter what

in the post-season..remember?

I don't know what's changed....but something has..

There is no reason he should retire after this last season..he was a Pro Bowl selection and his team was undefeated in the division.

But he feels differently now...

This is the same guy who said 2 months ago...he was sure he'd be back if the Brocnos would have him..no matter what

in the post-season..remember?

I don't know what's changed....but something has..

There is no reason he should retire after this last season..he was a Pro Bowl selection and his team was undefeated in the division.

But he feels differently now...

Agree, Mark.

Could be family wanting him to retire.

Could be he doesn't like all the coaching changes.

Could be he doesn't feel like he can be strong enough to help his team to win a championship.

Could be any number of things,  but I agree something has changed to make him reconsider retirement.

Agree, Mark.

Could be family wanting him to retire.

Could be he doesn't like all the coaching changes.

Could be he doesn't feel like he can be strong enough to help his team to win a championship.

Could be any number of things,  but I agree something has changed to make him reconsider retirement.

Good points..

We never hear from his wife..maybe shes afraid for him......

....his kids are starting to grow and he may want to spend a lot of time with them because of how Archie lost his dad and then doted on him and his brothers...

That's why I;m pretty sure that if he retires..you will not see him on TV every weekend. Hes going to be at home

You are right...he sounds as if he has doubts about his ability..which seems crazy to us...but he doesn't want to be the guy who can play in September but is hurt by December...

....This is the first time (that we know of) that he was limited by injury when his team needed him most.

But I know that all the vets on this team want him to stay because, in that division, no Peyton means no playoffs.

I hope they'll be talking to him