Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

is anyone else concerned

12isthenew18

if only there were some mechanism by which we could bring in new players to the team...perhaps players who had been playing for another team but who's contract has expired.  Or perhaps there should be a way to bring in new, young players who had previously been playing in college.  If only...

That our RBS returning are trent ballard tipton and demps and our receivers are t.y. moncrief boone carter lankford and lenz?

This roster has too many holes

We haven't even hit the offseason yet! How are they "returning"? The time to wheel & deal them or cut them hasn't even started

That our RBS returning are trent ballard tipton and demps and our receivers are t.y. moncrief boone carter lankford and lenz?

Not really. I think we all expect there to be some new players brought in to compete at both of those positions. I think Boom is a solid runner and I expect some new blood in there to compete for that job. As for the WR position I think it's in solid hands with TY and Moncrief. Moncrief will have to get better in year two but I think he has all the ability to become a good #2 receiver. Sounds like the team is already working on bringing in more receivers with the news that the Carter kid is close to signing so its a good sign and Im fairly optimistic about personnel in both of those areas.

This isn't the roster we're going into next season with, don't worry.  

My biggest concern is if Moncrief is gonna learn some of the finer points of being a receiver.  He had some really great games but just tailed off completely at the end of the season.  He didn't seem to get the ball much unless we designed a play to get it to him.  

That said though, sometimes it takes a year for receivers to put it all together.

Na man. We have around 40 million dollars to spend in FA. That's not even counting the cap going up a few mill (Everyone always forgets this part). So as for the offense when we draft a RB and most likely a WR or maybe sign one the offense will probably be better than this past seasons. The only thing I worry about sometimes is how Grigs addresses the O Line, and the defense as a whole. There shouldn't be any playing around on his part, he knows we need some playmakers on D. So yeah bro, don't stress about the offense. Trust me, our offense will be fine after we add a couple pieces.

Na man. We have around 40 million dollars to spend in FA. That's not even counting the cap going up a few mill (Everyone always forgets this part). So as for the offense when we draft a RB and most likely a WR or maybe sign one the offense will probably be better than this past seasons. The only thing I worry about sometimes is how Grigs addresses the O Line, and the defense as a whole. There shouldn't be any playing around on his part, he knows we need some playmakers on D. So yeah bro, don't stress about the offense. Trust me, our offense will be fine after we add a couple pieces.

Really I feel like Luck could throw for 3000 yards with pretty much any collection of receivers.  I think we should add a lower tier FA receiver. . . but not an unknown on a prove it deal. . . more someone you know what you are gonna get.  I'm personally wanting to get Eddie Royal.  He won't break the bank but he's a reliable receiver.

Then you just want to tune up the right side of the line, especially RG and get some RB's.  We don't have to spend a lot on any of this.  

Then invest everything you have left on defense.

If you worry now, you're gonna gonna be in for a looooooong off-season. Just wait til the FA and the draft. It'll be here in no time.

But yeah, I'm sure this team will be overhauled with new faces and I'm excited to see who stays and gets cut.

We just need for Pagano's MONSTER D to show up one of these years before Luck retires and a RB

Doubt it'll show. Pagano isn't that good of a HC. Maybe should demote him to DC and let Chud takeover as HC

Luck is the new Peyton, gonna make this team look better than they really are

We're going to sign/draft people. We should be more concerned of the defense

Yeah I feel ya the Monster Defense that we are building here in Indy - baby steps since 2012 the concern has always been there even when 18 was here yet we are still waiting .

As a Colts fan defense is a concern every year  & IMO Ryan Grigson is feeling the heat & I expect this draft & FA to be the one that turns this around we don't want the Colts to squander Andrew Lucks potential by repeating the mistakes of the past .

Denver was willing to give Peyton Manning what ever he needed to be successful & The Colts need to do the same for Andrew Luck or this decade is gonna really suck .

See post for # 5 in this thread and realize that asking this question today is really kind of funny and silly.

if only there were some mechanism by which we could bring in new players to the team...perhaps players who had been playing for another team but who's contract has expired.  Or perhaps there should be a way to bring in new, young players who had previously been playing in college.  If only...

i mean that i dont see us making any significant signings and seeing us draft skill positions

I really hope we don't go WR/RB in the first or second round.  This team needs help on the defensive side of the field and o-line more than anything.  We could get a WR later in the draft and RB, just sign one. Besides if they address the RG/RT it will be easier for the team to run.  Boom and Tipton looked solid enough for me, but if they sign Gore I wouldn't be completely against it.  It is a little to early to panic, wait until summer for that.  

Concerned? absolutely not, the offseason hasn't even occurred we dont know what type of FA acquisitions will happen or what rookies will be drafted. its too early to speculate. 

Doubt it'll show. Pagano isn't that good of a HC. Maybe should demote him to DC and let Chud takeover as HC

Luck is the new Peyton, gonna make this team look better than they 

I have never liked Pagano from the beginning but all I get is how we keep winning with him. If it where not for Luck and a weak division Pagano's would not last long he is great at motivating players which only last so long and get's out coached in most games.Your right about Luck being the new Peyton just hope Irsay  wakes up before it's to late 

Nope.  Way bigger concers.  Fix the OL and the RB's wouldnt've been a concern in the first place.  I think with a good line and re signning 1 WR and Boom we will be just fine!

I have never liked Pagano from the beginning but all I get is how we keep winning with him. If it where not for Luck and a weak division Pagano's would not last long he is great at motivating players which only last so long and get's out coached in most games.Your right about Luck being the new Peyton just hope Irsay wakes up before it's to late

Yep, someone needs to wake up. It shows against the top teams. We got blown out 3 times in one season. That's bad

True,  a simple yet totally SPOT ON statement.         OL and DL are the issue with this team.     A flower grows from "inside out" ... 

Same for a football team.  

It will happen...

Na, the offense will be just fine. Just gotta win at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball .

Chud getting "bumped" up to asst HC is very telling....     It basically is saying...  When or IF Chuck gets the AX.....     We have a coach WE WANT SITTING right beside the one we have.  

Very interesting..     Chuck is on his last breath...     the dude just is not a big time WINNER at the NFL level.

And I am not sure Chud is either...      ???   this is just kind of weird all the way around,.,,  

BUT....        oh well...   Luck is still young...     hheehehee

Chud getting "bumped" up to asst HC is very telling.... It basically is saying... When or IF Chuck gets the AX..... We have a coach WE WANT SITTING right beside the one we have.

Very interesting.. Chuck is on his last breath... the dude just is not a big time WINNER at the NFL level.

And I am not sure Chud is either... ??? this is just kind of weird all the way around,.,,

BUT.... oh well... Luck is still young... hheehehee

Chud had a Brian Hoyer lead Brown's team rolling until he tore his ACL. Never understood why they fired him after ONE year. But something's gotta give here in Indy. This team just isn't where it needs to be & doesn't look to be heading into the right direction either

That's why we have free agency and the draft.

The roster won't look anything like this in 3-4 months.

Relax.   All is well!    Remain calm!    

Yeah I feel ya the Monster Defense that we are building here in Indy - baby steps since 2012 the concern has always been there even when 18 was here yet we are still waiting .

As a Colts fan defense is a concern every year  & IMO Ryan Grigson is feeling the heat & I expect this draft & FA to be the one that turns this around we don't want the Colts to squander Andrew Lucks potential by repeating the mistakes of the past .

Denver was willing to give Peyton Manning what ever he needed to be successful & The Colts need to do the same for Andrew Luck or this decade is gonna really suck .

Yeah it was/ is very frustrating to have Manning and Luck and to only have ONE! super bowl since '98! Hopefully things will get turned around, or Brady retires either one haha. But the defense does need to get better, no excuses anymore.

yep...     it's a work in progress....   and when they finally HIT the SWEET spot...      you start over again. . 

That's why we have free agency and the draft.

The roster won't look anything like this in 3-4 months.

Relax.   All is well!    Remain calm!    

I would be shocked if this happened..

I can definitely see the Colts upgrading both of these positions in the off season.

I have no doubts. The Colts know the importance to surround Luck with talent and this is a great opportunity for us to do so.

This is one of the greatest things I have seen on these forums.

So let me know when you can think of a head coach who has done so much in the short time he has been here. Is there another head coach that has taken a totally rebuilt team to three 11-5 seasons his first 3 seasons and made a AFC championship game? Let us all know when you do, OK?

Yep, someone needs to wake up. It shows against the top teams. We got blown out 3 times in one season. That's bad

Would it be possible for you to bring something to the forum other than negativity? As long as your in that let's fire everyone mind frame you will never be happy. I guess you think good coaches and great players grow on trees and Grigson and Irsay just need to go pick some.?

I have never liked Pagano from the beginning but all I get is how we keep winning with him. If it where not for Luck and a weak division Pagano's would not last long he is great at motivating players which only last so long and get's out coached in most games.Your right about Luck being the new Peyton just hope Irsay  wakes up before it's to late 

I have a feeling I speak for a large percentage of the forum membership when I say thank you for derailing every thread you can with your incessant whining about the coaching staff

We're going to sign/draft people. We should be more concerned of the defense.

I'm not disagreeing with you. One thing that people seem to be stuck on tho, is that they feel the defense wasn't good enough. I'm not saying that's wrong but I think people should consider how the NE game went down. The costly turnover by Cribbs put the defense in a no win situation and cost them 7 points. The most important factor of the game, IMO, was that the offense could not stay on the field and constantly were putting the defense back out on the field with short rest. This is not unlike what occurred the years Manning was here. The offense was stymied by NE defense. The offense put the defense in a bad situation and by the end of the 3rd quarter the defense had nothing left.

If the footballs had been inflated properly it would have been a different story :highfive:

Chud getting "bumped" up to asst HC is very telling....     It basically is saying...  When or IF Chuck gets the AX.....     We have a coach WE WANT SITTING right beside the one we have.  

No, no it doesn't.  Here's how things generally work in the NFL.  Owner hires GM.  Gm hires HC (with input from owner).  HC hires and maintains his coaching staff (with input from GM and owner).  It was probably Pagano that gave Chud the promotion with approval for the raise from Irsay and Grigson.  Grigson isn't going to promote and give a raise to Chud behind Pagano's back.  If the day comes when Pagano is fired, the more likely scenario is that the entire coaching staff is cleaned out and an entirely new staff brought in.

but keep spinning your little narrative..it makes for some comical (fictional) reading