Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

David Johnson RB NIU

01/25/15 - 2015 Senior Bowl: 10 prospects who helped themselves: RB David Johnson, Northern Iowa (6-1, 224)...Looking like a linebacker during the weigh-ins, Johnson was another small school player who immediately proved that he belonged, especially as pass catcher out of the backfield. He doesn't have the traditional frame for the position and might be best suited as a hybrid H-back role, utilizing his ability as a receiver and blocker in pass pro. But regardless, he's a versatile prospect teams would love to add to the depth chart. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.comolts need to draft this guy in 3rd or 4th round!

He would a great compliment to Herron!

I love that he's a great blocker and catcher out of the backfield! Hes most likely a bruising FB like you said and will help those goal line and short yardage situations.

Herron isnt a huge guy so we need someone big in there who catches and blocks well to compliment him.

I love that he's a great blocker and catcher out of the backfield! Hes most likely a bruising FB like you said and will help those goal line and short yardage situations.

Herron isnt a huge guy so we need someone big in there who catches and blocks well to compliment him.

That guy is already on the team.

His name is Jack Doyle.

At this moment, my favorite running back is David Cobb from Minnesota. I think he is a powerful guy with great size that can do it all. 

I also have high hopes for Zurlon Tipton. He looks like Arian Foster to me. He may never ever come close to that ceiling, but he he has shown enough potential to get a shot. 

Herron was solid. I cannot say that I would be comfortable with him carrying the load. He is a nice complementary back. 

I like Johnson but not for our offense. For the Colts I really like David Cobb. He's exactly the type of RB we need. He and Herron would be a solid duo.

The more I look at David Cobb he does a number of things that remind me of Leveon Bell.

I like Cobb also...  but I am really wondering if he is more Shonn Greene or L Bell?    Cobb would not be a bad investment in the mid rounds.     Just a lot of really solid RB's this year in the draft.    i think Indy will get a GREAT player in round 3 if that is what they do.  

We will soon find out..      Jerry Kill is also a coach I really like and follow.     He wanted the IU job when Wilson got it..        Bad move IU

At this moment, my favorite running back is David Cobb from Minnesota. I think he is a powerful guy with great size that can do it all.

I also have high hopes for Zurlon Tipton. He looks like Arian Foster to me. He may never ever come close to that ceiling, but he he has shown enough potential to get a shot.

Herron was solid. I cannot say that I would be comfortable with him carrying the load. He is a nice complementary back.

Yeah I've really liked some of what I've seen from Tipton in the marginal amout of playing time he's had. Downfall is that some players never really get a significant chance to shine but regardless if they acquire via FA or the draft he should be on the squad, IMO.

Although he did avg a mere 1.8 ypc, lol.

I like Cobb also...  but I am really wondering if he is more Shonn Greene or L Bell?    Cobb would not be a bad investment in the mid rounds.     Just a lot of really solid RB's this year in the draft.    i think Indy will get a GREAT player in round 3 if that is what they do.  

We will soon find out..      Jerry Kill is also a coach I really like and follow.     He wanted the IU job when Wilson got it..        Bad move IU

I think the Shonn Greene comparison is very valid.  I can definitely see that in Cobb.

In all honesty after watching a lot of Tevin Coleman my mind has gravitated more

towards us picking him up. I like a lot of the big runs he bust off out of those Shotgun/Pistol

passing sets. It would be excellent to have a runner like that against the Pats who like

to use extra DBs to shut down your passing game.

I've been saying we need to establish more running plays we can use out of Shotgun looks to get

favorable match ups on these nickel and dime coverages where they are devoting extra defenders to T.Y.  

Coleman is a perfect fit for that type of thing. Not to mention the extra dimension he adds to the play action

passing game out of that look among other things that he brings. Guy has lots of potential.