Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

does this mean

12isthenew18

Wow people on here give up way to quick. Cribbs only played a few games really. Not even half a season and you don't think he can't adjust? The dude ran one for a td if not for an unfortunate flag. When's the last time we ever came close to that. Two to three years ago. I'll keep cribbs thank you

Wow people on here give up way to quick. Cribbs only played a few games really. Not even half a season and you don't think he can't adjust? The dude ran one for a td if not for an unfortunate flag. When's the last time we ever came close to that. Two to three years ago. I'll keep cribbs thank you

Cribbs never calls a fair catch when he clearly should. Its seems as if he's chasing concussions because clearly has no regard for himself and gets blown up regularly.

I thought it was only a 1 year deal he signed, but if it was 2 then expect him back.  If he can't call fair catches when he needs to then he will be replaced, but I do want him back *IF* he can make better decisions.  He does have big play ability, which we can use.  One thing we MUST work on is the dumb mistakes though.  Penalties and Turnovers!

Mike Wells, IMO, is the worst reporter for any team in the entire league, and possibly the worst reporter ESPN has on their entire staff.  I cannot believe ESPN actually gives that guy a salary.  His reporting is terrible in almost every way -- his grammar and spelling are often poor, his content selection is usually awful and if you ever see him in a press conference he just seems like an *.

Anyway, the title of the article, "Colts want Josh Cribbs to be safer on returns next sesaon" has nothing to do with what the article is about.  The only quote in the entire article is Pagano saying "“There’s no doubt that he has struggled at times catching those punts, so just put T.Y. in there and just get the thing caught and that’s what we did."  Pagano talks about how he benched Cribbs in the playoffs and does not say a word about Cribbs coming back next season.  The only thing that comes close to dealing with next season in that article is the last sentence stating Cribbs has another year on his contract.  Jeez, he even has an obvious spelling error in the title.

Mike Wells, IMO, is the worst reporter for any team in the entire league, and possibly the worst reporter ESPN has on their entire staff.  I cannot believe ESPN actually gives that guy a salary.  His reporting is terrible in almost every way -- his grammar and spelling are often poor, his content selection is usually awful and if you ever see him in a press conference he just seems like an *.

Anyway, the title of the article, "Colts want Josh Cribbs to be safer on returns next sesaon" has nothing to do with what the article is about.  The only quote in the entire article is Pagano saying "“There’s no doubt that he has struggled at times catching those punts, so just put T.Y. in there and just get the thing caught and that’s what we did."  Pagano talks about how he benched Cribbs in the playoffs and does not say a word about Cribbs coming back next season.  The only thing that comes close to dealing with next season in that article is the last sentence stating Cribbs has another year on his contract.  Jeez, he even has an obvious spelling error in the title.

He was probably required to write an article. A lot of times the writer doesn't do the title. In this case the title was misleading, the article was fine.

They don't even use spell check? Hilarious.

He was probably required to write an article. A lot of times the writer doesn't do the title. In this case the title was misleading, the article was fine.

They don't even use spell check? Hilarious.

If they provided the title for him before he wrote the article, it is terrible.  If he wrote the article and they then titled it, someone else at ESPN might be nearly as bad as Wells.

If the title isn't on him, at least he didn't let me down by having a mistake in the article...

"He rather return a punt in traffic or bring the ball out of the end zone nine yards deep on a kickoff than fair catch or take a knee. Cribbs, who only had eight fair catches, took a number of hard hits with that approach."

He is getting paid, as a professional sportswriter, to write for one of the biggest (if not the biggest) sports websites in the entire world.  More often than not I find at least one grammar or spelling mistake (a lot of times it is more than one - as in this case, the title "sesaon" and "he rather").  You would think ESPN would make sure their writing staff was at least capable of getting an A in an English 101 class in college, would you not?

He also managed to be what I would assume to be second on the team in fumbles. Being here only half the season. And Deji Karim returned a kick in 2012.

If they provided the title for him before he wrote the article, it is terrible.  If he wrote the article and they then titled it, someone else at ESPN might be nearly as bad as Wells.

If the title isn't on him, at least he didn't let me down by having a mistake in the article...

"He rather return a punt in traffic or bring the ball out of the end zone nine yards deep on a kickoff than fair catch or take a knee. Cribbs, who only had eight fair catches, took a number of hard hits with that approach."

He is getting paid, as a professional sportswriter, to write for one of the biggest (if not the biggest) sports websites in the entire world.  More often than not I find at least one grammar or spelling mistake (a lot of times it is more than one - as in this case, the title "sesaon" and "he rather").  You would think ESPN would make sure their writing staff was at least capable of getting an A in an English 101 class in college, would you not?

No doubt, journalistic quality is at an all time low. Especially in sports reporting. Competition with bloggers drag them down.

ty also returned a punt for a td in 2012.  i dont know about bringing cribbs back either. if we do happen to draft a cornerback or WR this year it should probably be one that can return kicks.  we can do better than cribbs, he takes too many chances

He also managed to be what I would assume to be second on the team in fumbles. Being here only half the season. And Deji Karim returned a kick in 2012.

Ya. Like I said. Two years ago. I was there.

Let's see.

Bradshaw - 3

Hilton - 3

Luck - 4

Richardson - 2

Josh cribbs...2 How many lost? 0

Ya. Like I said. Two years ago. I was there.

Let's see.

Bradshaw - 3

Hilton - 3

Luck - 4

Richardson - 2

Josh cribbs...2 How many lost? 0

Whether we want to count them or not (as if they did the games surely would have been lost) , there were multiple times where he would fumble the ball but was ruled down by contact. That doesn't make them any less viable as they were terrible decisions that could have altered the games (and would have depending on the current ref crew at the time). Also he fumbled in the playoffs twice. And murdered morale/momentum in the Pats game while doing it. Like I said, 2nd on the team because Luck was having a fumble party for a few weeks, which I'm pretty sure there were more than 4 there for him as well. 

Whether we want to count them or not (as if they did the games surely would have been lost) , there were multiple times where he would fumble the ball but was ruled down by contact. That doesn't make them any less viable as they were terrible decisions that could have altered the games (and would have depending on the current ref crew at the time). Also he fumbled in the playoffs twice. And murdered morale/momentum in the Pats game while doing it. Like I said, 2nd on the team because Luck was having a fumble party for a few weeks, which I'm pretty sure there were more than 4 there for him as well.

Multiple? Did you watch the games? That was once, and it was blatantly obvious he was down. Bad call by the ref. If you are counting that then there are way more 'fumbles' from more people in the team. Face it, you were wrong, you're hating just to hate. Listening to others and joining the bandwagon without forming a real opinion of your own based on facts.

Lol. So because luck had a fumble party you're going to excuse all of them? Ok. Those numbers come from the colts App. Except for cribbs. To include the postseason he had 3, there was only one against the pats. The two in the regular season were only in one game against Cleveland. Bradshaw had an issue with fumbling, Richardson too then. Hilton as well. Then we should ditch them too, which we are TRich. The fact is he doesn't have as big of a fumbling issue as everyone wants to make it out to be. Two games he did it. If you're going to excuse Luck's couple weeks of fumbling then you have to excuse ctibbs' ONE GAME. Now cribbs only has one fumble.

But like most you're just going to pick and choose which stats to look at and which ones to ignore to make a construed argument.

Multiple? Did you watch the games? That was once, and it was blatantly obvious he was down. Bad call by the ref. If you are counting that then there are way more 'fumbles' from more people in the team. Face it, you were wrong, you're hating just to hate. Listening to others and joining the bandwagon without forming a real opinion of your own based on facts.

Lol. So because luck had a fumble party you're going to excuse all of them? Ok. Those numbers come from the colts App. Except for cribbs. To include the postseason he had 3, there was only one against the pats. The two in the regular season were only in one game against Cleveland. Bradshaw had an issue with fumbling, Richardson too then. Hilton as well. Then we should ditch them too, which we are TRich. The fact is he doesn't have as big of a fumbling issue as everyone wants to make it out to be. Two games he did it. If you're going to excuse Luck's couple weeks of fumbling then you have to excuse ctibbs' ONE GAME. Now cribbs only has one fumble.

But like most you're just going to pick and choose which stats to look at and which ones to ignore to make a construed argument.

I wasn't excusing them. And frankly your overlying feeling of superiority is insulting and offputting. No, I was not wrong. Cribbs miffed many times. Whether or not they were actually called fumbles or not, it did happen multiple times. Your claim of excusing Luck for fumbles is generally sickening, as I said no such thing, and you blatantly created an assumption to feed your lust for rage and indecency. Go back and look at the posts about Luck's turnovers. I was there, criticizing him and saying he needs to stop. One does not have to do with the other. Fact is, Cribbs made multiple bad decisions that could have/did lead to negative effects for the team. You can ignore that all you want. Have fun wallowing in your hatred and rage. 

I wasn't excusing them. And frankly your overlying feeling of superiority is insulting and offputting. No, I was not wrong. Cribbs miffed many times. Whether or not they were actually called fumbles or not, it did happen multiple times. Your claim of excusing Luck for fumbles is generally sickening, as I said no such thing, and you blatantly created an assumption to feed your lust for rage and indecency. Go back and look at the posts about Luck's turnovers. I was there, criticizing him and saying he needs to stop. One does not have to do with the other. Fact is, Cribbs made multiple bad decisions that could have/did lead to negative effects for the team. You can ignore that all you want. Have fun wallowing in your hatred and rage. 

The one kickoff he muffed is the one he returned for a TD.  I dont recall all the punts he muffed but from what i remember it was very few (1 or 2) that he covered up anyways.  If you put Cribbs at 3, he is tied for second technically with 3 other people.  From the way it read to me, it sounded like you were excusing him.  Which is something I do generally hate when people pick and choose what to excuse and what to not excuse.  I am so sorry i made you feel so inferior.  But you were wrong about fumbling.  Missing or miffing the punt is not the same as fumbling.  Fumbling infers that there was posession prior.  As this did not occur, it is not a fumble.  But again, his miffed punts are almost non existent.  It seems that everyone believes this is not something that can be fixed...from a guy who was out of the league for awhile.  A full offseason and training camp he could end up being golden.

I don't recall the source, but I remember someone reporting that Cribbs signed a two-year contract.

As for Wells' reporting, grammatical mistakes and typing errors happen. I think copy editing has suffered the most as the economics of media have changed.

Also, my experience has been that reporters generally don't write the story headlines.