Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• One of the great things the NFL does is getting people to believe they aren’t rich.   The league made 17 billion dollars in 2021 in revenue.  The average NFL team is worth 5.1 billion dollars.  These guys aren’t broke or strapped for cash.  They can afford these things.     For what it’s worth Holder is reporting that the Colts made the decision not to go after Sneed and then gave that money to all the guys they re-signed last week and had they gone after Sneed it would have been as the expense of some of those guys.  Physical money wasn’t the issue.  The Colts simply made a choice.  
    • Who has the best RAS score?
    • Frankly the whole Grigson era turned me off of making all the bold moves people want.  He would and they almost always blew up in the Colts faces.  He was saved by the fact he had Andrew Luck and he was just too good to be bad.  Ironically I think if Ballard had had Andrew Luck for his whole time as GM we would be looking at another golden era of Colts football and it would be have been interesting to note both came with the philosophy of build through the draft and reward your own.  Oh well if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we’d all have a Merry Christmas.
    • In 2015 the Colts were considered winners of free agency. Granted there were a few good signings, but we haven't been the same since. Ever since then, I've been completely fine with not signing free agents. 😅
    • Feels like a good time to issue a reminder.  Two years ago, J’Ville spent a fortune in FA.   That was the year they surprised the NFL giving the little WR, Kirk 4/72 which had incentives into the $80’s.   And J’Ville went on to have a good season.    Many here showered the Jaguars with applause and wondered why can’t the Colts do that?!   But here’s what they forget….   In the 10 years BEFORE that one, no team spent more in FA than the Jaguars.   $1.4 BILLION dollars.  That’s billion with a B.  And I think they had one post season appearance to show for it.  So most years Jacksonville “won” free agency and they had almost nothing to show for it.    So when @GoColts8818 says the “winner” of FA typically doesn’t have a very good season, he is correct.  It was his comment that triggered my memory about Jacksonville’s lost decade.  Thanks, GC! 
  • Members