Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Marvin or Tim Brown for the Hall?

oldunclemark

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a tough question. As a Colt fan I want Marvin but Tim has been passed over way over too many times. I always though that Tim was one of the top receivers in history but was stuck with the Raiders and that hurt his numbers big time. Had he had a high caliber QB he would have been off the charts. Tim was a 9 time pro bowler and the first receiver ever to win a Heisman. He has been passed over 6 times. That is sad in my book. I don't quite understand why receivers have a hard time getting into the HOF?

Is Kurt Warner in? Jerome Bettis? Terrell Davis?

Of those 3, I think Warner has the best chance.

Who I would like to see make it:

Dungy, Lynch, Warner, Harrison, and Mick Tingelhoff (long-time Viking center)

Charles Haley (long overdue, IMO)

Seau & Pace are shoo ins. Polian and Wolf should be too.

Mick Tinglehoff's induction would continue a string of players who played most of their careers with the Vikings and have been inducted into the HOF in the last 8 or so years (Randall McDaniel, John Randle, Chris Doleman, Gary Zimmerman, and Cris Carter). Randy Moss should be coming soon. Too bad we have no SBs to show for it.

That's a tough question. As a Colt fan I want Marvin but Tim has been passed over way over too many times. I always though that Tim was one of the top receivers in history but was stuck with the Raiders and that hurt his numbers big time. Had he had a high caliber QB he would have been off the charts. Tim was a 9 time pro bowler and the first receiver ever to win a Heisman. He has been passed over 6 times. That is sad in my book. I don't quite understand why receivers have a hard time getting into the HOF?

Good post. I forgot to mention Tim Brown in my earlier post. When I first began following football in the 90s, Tim Brown was one of my favorite players. He was a great receiver. He was also a very good punt and kick returner. Yes, he deserves HOF induction. It will come.

Mick Tinglehoff's induction would continue a string of players who played most of their careers with the Vikings and have been inducted into the HOF in the last 8 or so years (Randall McDaniel, John Randle, Chris Doleman, Gary Zimmerman, and Cris Carter). Randy Moss should be coming soon. Too bad we have no SBs to show for it.

Tingelhoff was one heck of a center.  That is an excellent choice!!

To topic:  I take Tim Brown first...Marvin second.  Tim was indeed a touchdown machine in college and Pros.

NFL man...I guess the problem is they limit how many can go in in any year..

...they take 5 players..and 2 'contributors' like Polian? is that right?

Tony Dungy and Jimmy Johnson...will have a tough time getting in

My biased opinion is that Marvin was the better receiver and should go in first. I never understood the wait your turn attitude with the voters, if your choice is between two or three players that played the same position put the one in that was the best.

I agree Brown should go. Not only a great wr but a great special teamer too. Did not have the luck to play with a HOF QB his whole career either. He was basically the MAN in OAK with no help for a long time. Great player. Not saying he is better than Marvin (thats a good debate) but he deserves to go first.

I agree Brown should go. Not only a great wr but a great special teamer too. Did not have the luck to play with a HOF QB his whole career either. He was basically the MAN in OAK with no help for a long time. Great player. Not saying he is better than Marvin (thats a good debate) but he deserves to go first.

Can you judge a guys hall of fame credentials based of who he played with?

Just asking?

Here are my 5 picks for this year.

Marvin Harrison

Junior Seau

Terrell Davis

Kurt Warner

Orlando Pace

I like your picks except Terrell Davis. I don't know but I never saw him as being great. He was great in the SB but when I think of Terrell Davis, I don't think of a Hall of Fame player... Now watch him get voted in this year. :)

I think Charles Haley and Tim Brown are more deserving, but that is just my opinion. I think Polian and/or Ron Wolf should make it.