Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

one great player

OLD FAN MAN

I'd say the front 7 is the most important. Unless you had a Bob Sanders/Palamalu/Reed type safety.

A dominant line makes the linebackers and secondary's job easy and let's them be able to fill the hole and make plays. But even Lewis took a step back when their line was going through changes.

I'd say the front 7 is the most important. Unless you had a Bob Sanders/Palamalu/Reed type safety.

A dominant line makes the linebackers and secondary's job easy and let's them be able to fill the hole and make plays. But even Lewis took a step back when their line was going through changes.

Bingo.  Adams had a good year, Landry is below average.  

We also need a quality NT.  Chapman/Kerr/Hughes are all average at best and get worn out quickly.  The Pats had no problem moving them all over the field.

Bingo. Adams had a good year, Landry is below average.

We also need a quality NT. Chapman/Kerr/Hughes are all average at best and get worn out quickly. The Pats had no problem moving them all over the field.

What's worse is in the NE game chapman was shut down by their back up center 1v1. So then your linebackers are going to have the guards all over them. Was ugly.

Definition of insanity. Doing the same things over and over expecting different results. We need to build from both lines out. But sure enough every single year all you read is how everyone wants all these skill positions. Smh

Bingo.  Adams had a good year, Landry is below average.  

We also need a quality NT.  Chapman/Kerr/Hughes are all average at best and get worn out quickly.  The Pats had no problem moving them all over the field.

I watched every play in slo-mo. Chapman held up fine all game. I did not see the snap count totals but i suspect he had fewer snaps than Jones or Redding as we played so much 4-2. M Hughes, who played very little, slanted his way out of position a couple times but i would expect that was his assignment. Redding was the one who was moved often, and NONE of our inside or outside LB`ers or Safeties filled gaps worth a dodoo.

We Never adapted to their picks in the passing game. The Manusky/Pagano Scheme was a Vanilla Disaster.

I watched every play in slo-mo. Chapman held up fine all game. I did not see the snap count totals but i suspect he had fewer snaps than Jones or Redding as we played so much 4-2. M Hughes, who played very little, slanted his way out of position a couple times but i would expect that was his assignment. Redding was the one who was moved often, and NONE of our inside or outside LB`ers or Safeties filled gaps worth a dodoo.

We Never adapted to their picks in the passing game. The Manusky/Pagano Scheme was a Vanilla Disaster.

Interesting.  I'm not sure what 'held up' means.  Did he occupy his gap and man, or was he just slanted so they could run by him. 

I wasn't pointing him out specifically.  I just didn't see anything from the NT position.  I agree, we obviously didn't have any gap control.

I think your last sentence hits it on the head.  We were totally out coached in that game.  I really don't think the Pats are 40 points more talented than us.  The second half clearly showed which team knew how to make adjustments and gameplan the other teams weaknesses.

you could pick almost any position and be right. to those that say ILB though i will argue this.  jackson and freeman were soild if not speical this season.  they get burned a bit too much on passing plays but so do most ILBs.

this question is really all about finding the biggest weakness on this team and filling it with a star player.  i dont know if NT is our biggest weakness but it has to be close.  a great NT over the average/bad guys that we have could make the biggest possible impact

Edited by 21isSuperman

you could pick almost any position and be right. to those that say ILB though i will argue this.  jackson and freeman were soild if not speical this season.  they get burned a bit too much on passing plays but so do most ILBs...

Well, you disagree with me, but I'll disagree with you.

In my opinion, Freeman and Jackson both miss way too many tackles and get pushed around by the other teams O-linemen.

Jackson is due to earn 5.5 million for 2015. But he can be cut without much affect on salary cap.

I would think 5.5 mil would make him one of the leagues highest paid ILBs? Way too much to pay a mediocre player. Find someone who can hit.

both miss way too many tackles and get pushed around by the other teams O-linemen.

thats where a better NT would come it. in a 3-4 it should be the D line and the edge rushers getting hit by the Oline.  they should barely be able to get to the ILB let alone push them around.

3-4 ILBs really arnt big enough to take on Oline men

Edited by 21isSuperman

Playing strictly a 34 D, the pass rushing OLB who can also set the edge and disrupt the running game is the most important position. The Lawrence Taylor/ Terrell Suggs position.

NT is probably second most important. Ngata/Wilfork

The Colts players at those positions are not the kind we need, IMO.

I'll list a few different options but IMO it would need to be in the front 7. Then we could worry about the secondary after words. JJ Watt at DE, Dontari Poe at NT, Justin Houston at OLB, or Luke Kuechly at ILB. My one pick would have to be Watt though.

If the Colts could go back in time and sign Bob Sanders (of course in his prime).  This defense, the one that got clowned in New England, would be top 5 in the league.  No way Blount would rush for 140 to 150.  If Bob would have played Blount numbers would look more like rush 20 yards, 2 fumbles, and left the game due to injury.  Is a safety like him in the draft I don't know?  But if there is the Colts need to get him quickly.  Yea he was hurt alot, but when he played. Remember that crazy run the Colts went on in 2006. No way they do it without him.

Edited by 21isSuperman

If the Colts could go back in time and sign Bob Sanders (of course in his prime).  This defense, the one that got clowned in New England, would be top 5 in the league.  No way Blount would rush for 140 to 150.  If Bob would have played Blount numbers would look more like rush 20 yards, 2 fumbles, and left the game due to injury.  Is a safety like him in the draft I don't know?  But if there is the Colts need to get him quickly.  Yea he was hurt alot, but when he played. Remember that crazy run the Colts went on in 2006. No way they do it without him.

kgkYT4A.jpg

Suh.. would change alot

Yeah, Suh would be a force on D...and he is big enough to play 3-4 DT at 6'-4"/304lb.

Do we want to pay him like JJ Watt?

As long as we get 1 or 2 impact players, I'm happy.

I am so sick of having us overpay 3 or 4 mediocre FAs who turn around and under-perform over and over and over.