Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Post Senior Bowl Mock Draft

Round 2 Pick 7 (CHI): Ereck Flowers, OT, Miami (Fla.) (A)
Round 2 Pick 29: Senquez Golson, CB, Ole Miss (B+)
Round 3 Pick 7 (CHI): Tevin Coleman, RB, Indiana (A)
Round 3 Pick 29: Henry Anderson, DE, Stanford (B)
Round 4 Pick 29: Durrell Eskridge, FS, Syracuse (B+)
Round 5 Pick 29: Phillip Dorsett, WR, Miami (Fla.) (A)
Round 6 Pick 29: Jake Ryan, OLB, Michigan (B+)
Round 6 Pick 32: James Castleman, DT, Oklahoma State ©
Round 7 Pick 28: Antwan Goodley, WR, Baylor (A)

Decided to do a mock draft since the Senior Bowl was over and I'm itching to see the draft already. This is a pretty simple draft that fills some needs and has one trade down with the Bears. Ereck Flowers fills our RT need and is solid Value in the early 2nd. Golson is a personal favorite of mine. He may rise to the 1st round come April, and I would love it if we got him here. Coleman is self-explanatory. Henry Anderson is someone I'm starting to like more and more as a pass rusher, and with a draft this deep in pass rushers, we can still one this late. Eskridge is a nice safety. Dorsett is my new favorite WR in this draft class. He is quicker than anyone I've seen in a long time, and I believe he could end up being the top WR in this class when it's all set and done. Ryan, Castleman, and Goodley are nice depth picks that fill needs and could definitely contribute.

Overall, I'd be very happy with this draft. It's realistic (besides Dorsett maybe, I see him rising fast) and I believe these guys would benefit our team a lot. What do you think?

I think Anderson would be a slight reach in the 3rd.

He might be, but he's a pure pass rusher, and I think he'll rise a bit anyway. Plus, it's at the end of the 3rd, so not as much of a reach as you'd think. That's the point where the edge rushers really fall off, and I had to reach a bit to get the one I wanted.

I said this in another topic, but from the tape I saw, Eskridge is terrible. Looks completely lost in run support and will give up the big play in coverage. Can't remember what the tape was I saw, but I couldn't say one positive thing about him.

If you want a sleeper safety late, go check out Adrian Amos from Penn State. He is currently one of the top 4 ranked Safetys (with Collins, Smith, and Tartt) on NFL.com It's shocking no one really talks about him. His run and coverage skills are both on the same level, although he's not "elite" in either category. But he's really good.

Not bad...here is mine with a few trade downs...

Round 1 Pick 29: Landon Collins, SS, Alabama (A)
Round 3 Pick 1 (T.B.): Carl Davis, DT, Iowa (B+)
Round 4 Pick 1 (TENN): Lorenzo Mauldin, OLB, Louisville (B)
Round 4 Pick 10 (T.B.): Andy Gallik, C, Boston College (A)
Round 4 Pick 29: Javorius Allen, RB, Southern California (A)
Round 5 Pick 2 (TENN): Lorenzo Doss, CB, Tulane (B+)
Round 5 Pick 29: Phillip Dorsett, WR, Miami (Fla.) (A)
Round 6 Pick 29: Sean Hickey, OT, Syracuse (B+)
Round 6 Pick 32: Josh Robinson, RB, Mississippi St. (C+)
Round 7 Pick 28: Damian Swann, CB, Georgia ©

If you replace CB Ladarius Gunter for Lorenzo Doss I would be absolutely thrilled with this draft. Collins is a Kam Chancelor type SS. Davis would replace Redding and form a great duo with Art Jones on the DL. Mauldin could be a diamond in the rough as a pass rushing LB alongside Newsome. Gallik could play either RG or C for the Colts. Allen and Robinson are good backs who will produce with an improved OL. Overall, a very good draft. Just need to still address ILB in free agency or next year's draft.

I got the Colts picking up Dorsett at the bottom of the 3rd

That's where I expect him to go. I admitted at the end of the post that he'd rise quick. I have him right now as the third best receiver in the draft (Kevin White 1st, Amari Cooper 2nd). I would happily take him in the 3rd. First-Pick doesn't update often, so it has him as a 4th or 5th rounder right now from before. His speed is elite, and if his hands are anywhere as close to as good as his speed, we have to take him if he's there in the 3rd.