Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tony Dungy on Colts Superbowl

AndreRison

After catching up on a couple of podcasts from earlier in the week, I came across Hour #1 on the Dan Patrick show for this past Monday. Dan interviewed Dungy on everything from deflategate, the upcoming Superbowl, to the Superbowl pregame speech that Tony gave.

In his pregame speech he said something about the Colts will have a storm to overcome. He also said all week he decided they would not kick to Devin Hester. Well after the Saturday night pregame speech he went home and thought about the gameplan, not to kick to Hester. So when they all show up the next day he says, change of plans. We won't play scared. We're kicking to Hester. Fast forward to the game...The Colts kicked it right down the middle to Hester...13 seconds later he was in the end zone. Dungy runs back to his guys and says, see I told you we would have a storm to overcome! The rest is history.

By the way, I'm a huge IU fan, a huge Lakers fan, and a huge Colts fan...That Superbowl playoff season was my favorite sports memory ever. Second? That's easy. Eli beating the Patriots twice.