Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Interesting draft scenario. Would you do it (only for fun).

This is an interesting idea I got from my best friend who is a fan of the Redskins. I thought I would apply it to the Colts and see what you guys think.

He was saying that if he could guarantee that he would get the best two players in the entire draft this year, he would also take the worst 5 players in the draft as a sacrifice. So my question to you guys is, would you sacrifice a whole draft for the two best players in the entire draft (as long as one of the players isn't a QB)? I think I would do this, as long as I was allowed to take a chance at UDFA's and pick up a couple FA's as well. 

I know this is a situation that's impossible and you can't choose for it to happen, but it's an interesting all or nothing scenario that I think would be fun to discuss for a team that's in the middle of rebuilding like the Colts.

I haven't done the math, but I'm pretty sure the 1.1 and 1.2 picks (what you would need to make sure you get the best two players) are worth a lot more than our current 1.29, 2.29, 3.29, 4.29, 5.29, 6.29, and 7.29.

I would be perfectly happy getting with that scenario.  Who would you pick?

I haven't done the math, but I'm pretty sure the 1.1 and 1.2 picks (what you would need to make sure you get the best two players) are worth a lot more than our current 1.29, 2.29, 3.29, 4.29, 5.29, 6.29, and 7.29.

I would be perfectly happy getting with that scenario.  Who would you pick?

1.1 and 1.2 are worth a lot more, I was saying if we got the 2 best players in the draft, would you mind if the other 6 players we drafted were the 6 worst players in the draft. This is without trading up to the top 2 picks. I would be very happy if we got La'el Collins in the first and Jordan Phillips in the 2nd. If you could guarantee me they would be the two best players in the draft (especially at the positions they play), I would dump the other 6 in an instant. Remember, if they were the two best, they could have a chance to be hall of famers. This is basicaly saying that their skill level will be equal to the top two players in the draft (however that turns out).

I would be perfectly happy getting with that scenario. Who would you pick?

Don't we have an extra 6th for Burley

I would be perfectly happy getting with that scenario. Who would you pick?

Don't we have an extra 6th for Burley