Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade 2012 bust for 2012 bust?

Ok, here is the deal:

The Colts trade T.Richardson with Dallas Cowboys and get Morris Claibore and a 6th.

I mean the Cowboys are gonna need a RB after Murray parts away with the team(probably), so Jones would love to get Richardson(IMO) and Claiborne has been a deception but remember that Pagano is a really good DB coach he may turn Claiborne into a good player like once he did with V. Davis but the down side is that he is coming back from a ACL but if T. Richardson isn't gonna come back and we are gonna take the death money then we could get a CB depth for no death money.

Jones isn't that stupid. And when he starts to get stupid he has people there to check him, like whoever the genius was who pulled the draft card with Johnny Manziel out his hand. They'll draft one of the top RB's in the 2nd round. Murray will be easily replaceable.

It's not. He's due $2.6m in 2015, fully guaranteed. 

I'd much rather have him than Richardson, and so would the Cowboys. 

You sure or am I missing something?  Looks like Claiborne is $4.4 mil in 2015 and $5.1 mil in 2016 all guaranteed.

If that the case the Cowboys have a little more incentive ??

You sure or am I missing something?  Looks like Claiborne is $4.4 mil in 2015 and $5.1 mil in 2016 all guaranteed

We're talking about Morris Claiborne, right?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/morris-claiborne/

I think you're looking at the wrong years (2014 and 2015, not 2015 and 2016). And I think you're looking at his cap hit. If we traded for him, we only pay his salary, and that's all that counts against our cap. The Cowboys have already paid the signing bonus, and the unamortized portion of it -- almost $2.6m in 2015 -- stays on their cap.

Edit: Also, if we traded for him before the deadline, we'd have the right to exercise his 5th year option. That would be unlikely, but it's still an option.

We're talking about Morris Claiborne, right?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/morris-claiborne/

I think you're looking at the wrong years (2014 and 2015, not 2015 and 2016). And I think you're looking at his cap hit. If we traded for him, we only pay his salary, and that's all that counts against our cap. The Cowboys have already paid the signing bonus, and the unamortized portion of it -- almost $2.6m in 2015 -- stays on their cap.

Edit: Also, if we traded for him before the deadline, we'd have the right to exercise his 5th year option. That would be unlikely, but it's still an option.

you are right I was looking at total cap hit in 14 & 15 and thinking 15 & 16 .... I see your point now the Cowboys would not benefit from this at all. 

Cowboys wouldn't trade Claiborne for TRich straight up.  Much less give us a 6th to do it.  

I shouldn't have to remind people here what an epic failure TRich has been.  He has no value in the NFL at this moment... people wouldn't give up a 7th round pick for him.  

I think someone might bring him into camp for min salary when we let him go but honestly I expect him to be out of the NFL in 2 or 3 years.