Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chud Named Associate Head Coach

IndyD4U

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, bruce is a good coach. What's your point?

Yeah, let's stop acting like we'd be world beaters if Arians was our coach. The defense would still be middle of the road, regardless.

He's not a bad coach by any means. but he wouldn't have been any more effective vs Belichick and crew. He would've gotten his you know what handed to him just the same as Pep and Chuck did.

see what you have there is speculation. Not a fact

here's some more speculation...it's entirely possible that, had Arians stuck around, we'd have gone into the playoffs with a QB that currently isn't even on the roster.  Weren't people concerned that Arians' offense would get Luck killed?  Well out in Arizona both his 1st and 2nd string QBs got hurt.  Coincidence?

There was a poll done by nfl personnel, and Pagaono was voted as avg. Arians was ahead of him.

oh well if some random poll said that Arians is better then by all means we should definitely fire Pagano.  If he hasn't learned everything he could ever need to know after 2 full years then he's never going to learn.  Get him out now!

/sarcasm

btw, any idea where Bellichik might have been rated after his first 2 years as a HC in cleveland?  Or Pete Carroll when he first became a HC in NE?  I bet they were both rated pretty poorly as well seeing as they were both fired. 

here's some more speculation...it's entirely possible that, had Arians stuck around, we'd have gone into the playoffs with a QB that currently isn't even on the roster.  Weren't people concerned that Arians' offense would get Luck killed?  Well out in Arizona both his 1st and 2nd string QBs got hurt.  Coincidence?

It's amazing how people forget so easily what they said 2 years ago.  

We've gone through some permutations, but in character, this is still mainly Arians' offense.  I would like too see some modifications, but it works.  With Luck and our WRs, it's what we keep coming back to.     

oh well if some random poll said that Arians is better then by all means we should definitely fire Pagano. If he hasn't learned everything he could ever need to know after 2 full years then he's never going to learn. Get him out now!

/sarcasm

btw, any idea where Bellichik might have been rated after his first 2 years as a HC in cleveland? Or Pete Carroll when he first became a HC in NE? I bet they were both rated pretty poorly as well seeing as they were both fired.

Were any of them in their 50s when they got the job? U dont get bwtter in your 50s, u are what u are. And nobody outside of this forum would even argue Pagano vs Arians. I thought it was just accepted that BA is the better coach.

Were any of them in their 50s when they got the job? U dont get bwtter in your 50s, u are what u are.

well that's just absurd.  he's a first time HC.  Of course he can improve.  He'll improve with on the job experience and as he faces different scenarios for the first time. By the way, Carrol was 46 when he became HC of NE.  Do you really think those 4 extra years were the difference between being able to improve as a coach and not?

And nobody outside of this forum would even argue Pagano vs Arians. I thought it was just accepted that BA is the better coach.

good lord, where do you keep pulling this crap from?  your speculating is getting worse every time you post lol

well that's just absurd. he's a first time HC. Of course he can improve. He'll improve with on the job experience and as he faces different scenarios for the first time. By the way, Carrol was 46 when he became HC of NE. Do you really think those 4 extra years were the difference between being able to improve as a coach and not?

good lord, where do you keep pulling this crap from? your speculating is getting worse every time you post lol

Ok, so lets fire Pags, so he can coach college, and then hire him back.

yeah, no

I wouldn't be so sure. So let's say you're Chudzinski and there are 2 NFL teams calling to talk about taking their OC jobs but you decide to take a lesser role with the colts? Why?

- let's say associate HC is higher than OC than Why do the colts need an associate HC today when they didn't yesterday? Comment on pagano.

- Chudzinski would not take a lesser role unless he was given a reason. ie, you're in line if pagano messes up. Comment on pagano.

- Chudzinski passes on the OC job with the 49ers so he can be the Colts OC...maybe...in a year or 2. comment on pagano.

I don't see a way this spins that looks favorably on the current staff. If Chudzinski is valuable to the colts he would have value elsewhere (and does) which means he has to have motivation to stay outside of money and title. Opportunity.

We've gone through some permutations, but in character, this is still mainly Arians' offense.  I would like too see some modifications, but it works.  With Luck and our WRs, it's what we keep coming back to.     

just because the colts still take a lot of shots downfield doesn't mean that it's still Bruce's offense

I wouldn't be so sure. So let's say you're Chudzinski and there are 2 NFL teams calling to talk about taking their OC jobs but you decide to take a lesser role with the colts? Why?

- let's say associate HC is higher than OC than Why do the colts need an associate HC today when they didn't yesterday? Comment on pagano.

- Chudzinski would not take a lesser role unless he was given a reason. ie, you're in line if pagano messes up. Comment on pagano.

- Chudzinski passes on the OC job with the 49ers so he can be the Colts OC...maybe...in a year or 2. comment on pagano.

I don't see a way this spins that looks favorably on the current staff. If Chudzinski is valuable to the colts he would have value elsewhere (and does) which means he has to have motivation to stay outside of money and title. Opportunity.

.if this move speaks to anyone then I'd say it's Pep, not Chuck.  If Chuck winds up getting fired at some point, the Colts would more likely clean everyone out and start with a fresh staff.  Plus I don't see Chud getting the promotion he got without Pagano's influence.  The HC typically has control over his own coaching staff, of which Chud is a part of Chuck's staff.  Now, GMs and Owners will sometimes put pressure on the HC to replace a specific coach but rarely does the owner/GM actually make those moves on their own without the HC's input.

.if this move speaks to anyone then I'd say it's Pep, not Chuck.  If Chuck winds up getting fired at some point, the Colts would more likely clean everyone out and start with a fresh staff.  Plus I don't see Chud getting the promotion he got without Pagano's influence.  The HC typically has control over his own coaching staff, of which Chud is a part of Chuck's staff.  Now, GMs and Owners will sometimes put pressure on the HC to replace a specific coach but rarely does the owner/GM actually make those moves on their own without the HC's input.

Fair point. I suppose I didn't realize chud would have been a pagano decision more than irsay/Grigson.

This could also mean the Colts aren't expecting to keep Pep after next year.  With the success he's had in structuring our offense, his name was popular for a head coaching spot.  The Colts denied Chudzi any opportunity for interviews, so it could mean they're planning on making Chudzi the offensive coordinator if Pep leaves next year.  That's all just speculation on my part though

Were any of them in their 50s when they got the job? U dont get bwtter in your 50s, u are what u are. And nobody outside of this forum would even argue Pagano vs Arians. I thought it was just accepted that BA is the better coach.

Bruce Arians is in Arizona.

Chuck Pagano is in Indianapolis.

That's not changing in the near future.

Get over it.

If you think Arians is better -- fine.    Many do.

But that doesn't make Pagano bad.

If you can't see how good a coach Pagano is, then I don't know what to tell you....

Good luck.

There are 15 teams who currently have some sort of assistant head coach. Most of them have a specified duty alongside that, but nonetheless, they are assistant head coaches. Assistant/Associate is just a title...they mean the same thing. That staff is responsible for taking duties from/supplementing the HC.

Here's the link:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_National_Football_League_staffs#Buffalo_Bills

By your logic, 15 franchises have negative "spins" on their current staff. 

There are 15 teams who currently have some sort of assistant head coach. Most of them have a specified duty alongside that, but nonetheless, they are assistant head coaches. Assistant/Associate is just a title...they mean the same thing. That staff is responsible for taking duties from/supplementing the HC.

Here's the link:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_National_Football_League_staffs#Buffalo_Bills

By your logic, 15 franchises have negative "spins" on their current staff. 

Some people see what they want to see.

Lol. Both Trestman and Phillips are bad coaches. There's a reason they're unemployed.

Ummm....   No.   

Trestman just got hired to be somebody's OC.   He may not be a very good HC,  but he's very well thought of as an OC.

And Phillips has been a very good DC most everywhere he's been.    He's just not a very good Head Coach.    But if he wants back in the game as a DC he'd get hired pretty quickly.

here's some more speculation...it's entirely possible that, had Arians stuck around, we'd have gone into the playoffs with a QB that currently isn't even on the roster. Weren't people concerned that Arians' offense would get Luck killed? Well out in Arizona both his 1st and 2nd string QBs got hurt. Coincidence?

My thoughts exactly