Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots Could Skate on Technicality

AndreRison

The rule book says "The ball shall be made up of an inflated (12 1/2 to 13 1/2 pounds) urethane bladder....."

It doesn't mention PSI. I think the league will take this route, then promise to detail the rulebook.

I think the PSI is implied. A football weights a bit less then a pound, not 12.5 - 13.5 lbs. The greatest QB's ever couldn't throw a 13 lb ball down the field very far.

Of course Goodell would find a way to excuse the Patriots and help cover up their cheating again. I've never called for his job and thought he had done decently enough up until this year. If this happens he needs to go.

I think you put too much thought into Goodell. Goodell is hired by the owners. He is just a mouthpiece for them. You can pretty much bet he follows orders from the owners. He is just a very well paid employee to take all the heat that the owners don't want to address face to face with the public and the media.

I think you put too much thought into Goodell. Goodell is hired by the owners. He is just a mouthpiece for them. You can pretty much bet he follows orders from the owners. He is just a very well paid employee to take all the heat that the owners don't want to address face to face with the public and the media.

So the 31 other owners will be ok with this and help Kraft get away with it? Goodell is supposed to mete out punishment to all evenly.

Is that what I said? How is it you put your own words into my comment?

It's the next logical step to your comment.

Because it is insinuated by my comment that Kraft had greater influence. Even tho he is hired by all 32. If Goodell excuses the pats, the other 31 owners should not approve. If he is a spokesman for all the other ones and does what they tell him, like you say, and he let's them off, then the other owners must have been ok with it.

It doesn't make sense. If the other owners have sway then the pats can't get away with it without their explicit consent.

If the Pats do then it is more likely Kraft has the biggest pull or favoritism of Goodell. As made apparent by how buddy buddy they are.

I understand that may not be the case, but those seem like the only 2 logical options. The other owners have to want the pats to be punished or they all are culpable for tarnishing the reputation of the nfl.

Fumblegate has now hit ESPN primetime radio....The Dan Lebetard show.

Just to get people up to speed there are reports that the Patriots fumbles per play, from 2000 to 2006 were right in the middle...right around the league average. 2007, the year Brady asked the league to allow QBs to mess with the football's, the numbers change. From 2007 to present day, the Patriots fumbles per play are so far below the norm it seems to be an almost impossible outlier. The odds are something like .000071 percent of the time this scenario would be expected. If deflated football's are not the cause, then I'm not sure what could cause that.

It's the next logical step to your comment.

Because it is insinuated by my comment that Kraft had greater influence. Even tho he is hired by all 32. If Goodell excuses the pats, the other 31 owners should not approve. If he is a spokesman for all the other ones and does what they tell him, like you say, and he let's them off, then the other owners must have been ok with it.

It doesn't make sense. If the other owners have sway then the pats can't get away with it without their explicit consent.

If the Pats do then it is more likely Kraft has the biggest pull or favoritism of Goodell. As made apparent by how buddy buddy they are.

I understand that may not be the case, but those seem like the only 2 logical options. The other owners have to want the pats to be punished or they all are culpable for tarnishing the reputation of the nfl.

Well Goodell did say he burned the spygate tapes. That has yet to be explained to anyone's satisfaction. I guess we will wait to see.

Well Goodell did say he burned the spygate tapes. That has yet to be explained to anyone's satisfaction. I guess we will wait to see.

Reportedly Glazier at Fox still has them as he was the one who originally leaked them.  All 6 were up one day for a short time. I watched two of them before becoming bored- pan sideline- pan scoreboard- repeat and rinse.

They should have released them since it did get out and because all they show is what we already know. But since they didn't people speculate they must show something else- what else could they show.

Goodell is just a mess. I wish Pete Rozelle was still around.

Reportedly Glazier at Fox still has them as he was the one who originally leaked them.  All 6 were up one day for a short time. I watched two of them before becoming bored- pan sideline- pan scoreboard- repeat and rinse.

They should have released them since it did get out and because all they show is what we already know. But since they didn't people speculate they must show something else- what else could they show.

I think part of the problem is when Goodell was hired the owners made it clear as to who was in charge. The owners hired you and they also can turn around and fire you if you don't act and say what they want you to. At 14 million a year Goodell can and will let the owners run things. Some forget that Goodell is a high dollar employee and the owners pay him to be the face and voice for them. I don't think the owners wanted a commissioner who had the pull of Pete Rozelle. I do agree that Goodell is a mess and is nothing but a puppet for the owners. Goodell has made a big mistake becoming buddy-buddy with a few of the owners. But what does he care? He has already made his money. This is just my personal opinion and nothing more than that. None of really knows what goes on behind closed doors.

People are fools if they think the owners will get rid of Goodell...business is booming, their revenue is an all time high, DirecTV renewed its contract with the NFL...they are making billions off that deal alone. See the NFL earnings after the SB...

I highly doubt owners care much about this, they are counting the dollar bills as we speak since the season is over.

You can hate him all you want but it won't change the fact that since he become the NFL commish the revenue has sky rocketed and the sport is now more popular than ever, especially with the UK games...

Kraft made it clear

APOLOGIZE TO ME, NOW!

Don't expect the NFL to do crap to them now. Don Corleone has spoken. 

"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse" --The Godfather. Touche Bogie. Touche.  :thmup:

Goodell will fall in lockstep line with Mr. Kraft's wishes very soon just like clockwork. 

So the 31 other owners will be ok with this and help Kraft get away with it? Goodell is supposed to mete out punishment to all evenly.

You don't really believe that do ya Narcosys? Certain owners have more juice or influence than others do. Lady Justice may be blind, be she's far from equal. Kraft is in that inner circle. 

Goodell's no fool here. He can clearly see the handwriting on the wall or what his instructions/marching orders are & which select group of owners have his ear of persuasion. 

Amen to that JJ. Bountygate, Ray Rice Elevator Gate, Switch Stick AP Gate, & now Deflate Gate...Goodell has enough egg on his face to make an enormous omelette by now or open his own bed & breakfast. 

I don't blame Roger for burning the SpyGate tapes because that hornet's nest would never die down if the tapes were publicly released because NE haters would fowl play everywhere while NE fans would see attention to detail, a commitment to winning, & nothing wrong.

Translation: Nobody wins & neither camp moves from their original theory or position. 

The other owners have to want the pats to be punished or they all are culpable for tarnishing the reputation of the nfl.

Well...unlike the pitchfork carrying mobs that makeup internet fan forums, I would suggest that the other NFL Owners would only want the Pats punished if it's determined conclusively that they are guilty of something, which doesn't seem to be the case. They will require a bit more proof than you do. I think the ramifications of a commissioner arbitrarily punishing a franchise for no reason would be something the franchise owners wouldn't be happy with.

Well...unlike the pitchfork carrying mobs that makeup internet fan forums, I would suggest that the other NFL Owners would only want the Pats punished if it's determined conclusively that they are guilty of something, which doesn't seem to be the case. They will require a bit more proof than you do. I think the ramifications of a commissioner arbitrarily punishing a franchise for no reason would be something the franchise owners wouldn't be happy with.

We already know it was intentional on the fact that the colts balls never deflated and the balls in the second half never deflated either. Plus it was brought up in the past. They have a history of it. It's just about finding who gave the order now. Chain of custody holds them accountable.

But if you care to be a blind homer, then that's you. The rest of the world will follow facts.

We already know it was intentional on the fact that the colts balls never deflated and the balls in the second half never deflated either. Plus it was brought up in the past. They have a history of it. It's just about finding who gave the order now. Chain of custody holds them accountable.

But if you care to be a blind homer, then that's you. The rest of the world will follow facts.

There is no rule against underweight game balls at half time. You can scour the rule book all you like, but there is no rule against that. There IS a rule against tampering with game balls. There is not one scrap of proof that any game balls were tampered with - only potentially circumstantial evidence based on the reported state of the balls at half time. So you are leaping to a conclusion that suits your narrative that the Patriots cheated your team out of something in a 45-7 blowout. That's the world we live in apparently...everybody looking for an excuse rather than looking in the mirror.

There is no rule against underweight game balls at half time. You can scour the rule book all you like, but there is no rule against that. There IS a rule against tampering with game balls. There is not one scrap of proof that any game balls were tampered with - only potentially circumstantial evidence based on the reported state of the balls at half time. So you are leaping to a conclusion that suits your narrative that the Patriots cheated your team out of something in a 45-7 blowout. That's the world we live in apparently...everybody looking for an excuse rather than looking in the mirror.

It's far from circumstantial. But keep telling yourself that.