Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts need a big, tall receiver like calvin johnson.

bap1331

I don't know what it is, but when I watch this kid on tape I really love what I see out of him. I mean he has all the I tangibles, but there is just something with him playing with Luck that drives me to believe he's going to do good things in a Colts uniform (if he signs here of course)

He has football in his blood. His father will push him. I think playing with a player such as Luck and for a coach like Pagano will really benefit him. I've heard nothing but positive things about his maturity and work ethic since signing with the CFL.

Well, if he does sign here, I'm hopeful, even if cautious.

Sign Carter

In my mind, this makes the most sense too. I'd go as far to say it's a safer and smarter decision than spending a high draft pick on a receiver, since Carter has shown he can play at the professional level. And yes I know it's only the CFL, but it's also not college.

If we can luck into a tall athletic receiver in the later rounds like we did Moncrief , then fine.

Spending cap space on a free agent receiver instead of spending it on the lines is just lunacy.

Everyone wants to focus on the next shiny object skill player instead of doing something

about the big uglies on the line of scrimmage.

The first two rounds should be spent on the lines...period.

would like to add a 7 footer would work perfect JUST for 3rd down and short or 1st and goal.  Think about it . Walk out 5 yards and jump in the air,catch the ball way high and come down with it. How would the short defenders 6ft 4 and under defend this???

They couldn't, especially a guy like Alex Stepheson who has a 37" vertical and bucket hands.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/eye-performance/201303/nfl-basketball-players-ernie-accorsi-antonio-gates-tony-Gonzalez

I have always wondered why we don't see more of these types. Sure, they only contribute in the red zone, but the red zone is the most crucial area to convert in the NFL. Surely such a player would be worth a roster spot.

I don't understand why no 6 ft 7 or 6 ft 8/9  college basketball players don't play wide reciever on football teams.They would be such easy targets to throw to. Just put it up in the air and let them go up and get it.Esp. in the red zone. $$$$

somebody like Gronk ,, who is 6'6" I believe.  There was a kid from California named Brandon Vandenburg (could have the name wrong)like that, perhaps we could look for him , I believe he should be coming out of Vanderbilt or Tennessee this year but I know he was 6'6" or taller and his weight was 260  (can't remember which school, but I'm sure it was one of those two schools). I remember him being a top recruit coming out of HS.

If Erik Swoope is far enough along in his development to beat out Jack Doyle, and Duron Carter shows enough to make the team it would give us 3 6'5 " plus pass catchers.  Swoope is 6'5", Carter is 6'5", and Fleener is 6'6".  That would be a tough personnel grouping to defend on the goaline with all 3 on the filed at the same time.

We need a disruptive DE who can consistently get us sacks, TFLs, batted passes, fumbles, INTs.

Hopefully there is a JJ Watt-esque player available in the fifth round.

I agree with what you think we need, however the fifth round doesn't offer talent like that.  Unless he flies underneath everybodies radar.  Usually a player in a mid round takes 3-4 years to fully develope anyway.

I agree with what you think we need, however the fifth round doesn't offer talent like that.  Unless he flies underneath everybodies radar.  Usually a player in a mid round takes 3-4 years to fully develope anyway.

It was a joke... it was amazing enough that JJ Watt lasted to the 11th overall pick.

Someone who you cant shut down no matter what. Luck has shown he can throw into tight spots. They bring momentum to the team. I love TY but we need to bring some load off his back. Teams know now hes the colts best chance.

Its always been a missing piece that is easily solved. Marvin harrison was 6'0. Reggie is 6'2. Ty is 5'9. 6'6" or 6'7" with long arms would just be nearly impossible to stop unless you have a bad qb.

What you think of moncrief for the long term?

Sure...could we get a Larry Allen type lineman and Reggie White for our DL and lets just top it off with a Jim Brown in the backfield and a Ray Lewis up the middle.

Sorry for the sarcasm. Of course we all would love such a beast at wr but I don't think its necessary. After all the best WR in football this year was Antonio Brown. I think we invisioned a big physical receiver when we brought Nicks in and we got a few glipses of that this year but overall....I just want one that can get off jams at the line of scrimage and get separation and catch the ball. I mean Emmanual Sanders does that and he is tiny.....imagine we could have had him last year if we went after him.

Besides we have two really big targets with Allen and Fleener....don't get me wrong...if there is a DT/Dez Bryant in the draft I would be all over that. : )

Exactly. I'm pretty sure EVERY team wants a Calvin johnson. Any other spectacular insight? Maybe we need a Demarco Murray and an oline like the Vikings and cowboys? Ooh maybe another Richard Sherman type corner and an Earl Thomas safety.

Smh

Duron carter