Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

the free agency game

danlhart87

Iupati

Butler

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2337012-9-biggest-changes-the-san-francisco-49ers-must-still-make-this-offseason/page/7

If the only job of an offensive lineman was to pass block, Iupati would be borderline un-startable.  According to Pro Football Focus, Iupati allowed seven sacks, two quarterback hits and 22 hurries in 2014.  That’s the most pressure of any lineman, on a team that allowed Colin Kaepernick to be sacked 52 times.  That’s really, really not good.

Sadly, offensive guards need to do both of those things, making the decision hard.  Iupati might be the best one-dimensional guard in football, but what is that worth?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2337012-9-biggest-changes-the-san-francisco-49ers-must-still-make-this-offseason/page/7

If the only job of an offensive lineman was to pass block, Iupati would be borderline un-startable.  According to Pro Football Focus, Iupati allowed seven sacks, two quarterback hits and 22 hurries in 2014.  That’s the most pressure of any lineman, on a team that allowed Colin Kaepernick to be sacked 52 times.  That’s really, really not good.

Sadly, offensive guards need to do both of those things, making the decision hard.  Iupati might be the best one-dimensional guard in football, but what is that worth?

Orlando Franklin is a better all around G than Mike Iupati imo. Both are good players.

I am not in favor of the Colts overpaying massively for free agents...for the most part they just "relax" the next season after getting their big payday.

I would rather Grigs and company concentrate on getting solid draft picks in every round and a couple of good UDFAs...that is how we will really build the team.  And please, no more Werner-type D guys in the 1st/2nd rounds for Chuck's monstrosity.

Sign--I'd say Dan Williams

Re-Sign--Darius Butler

This! I'd love Suh but he will be too expensive. Big Dan Williams was a force in the middle of that stout Cardinals run defense and is more within the Colts price range. He would be a huge improvement to our defensive front.

I also like Butler as our nickel corner and would like to see the Colts retain his services.