Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts free agents

RockThatBlue

Unrestricted:

Ahmad Bradshaw, RB --- wait on this, at his age no guarantee how he'll respond to his injury -- I'd say if no one else signs him, he has earned a tryout to see how he is holding up after he is done with rehab

Matt Hasselbeck, QB -- I'd say bring back, but will depend on him

Reggie Wayne, WR -- same as Hasselbeck

Hakeem Nicks, WR -- wouldn't mind him coming back on a cheap, short-term deal -- he seemed to be finding a place here towards the end of the year

Joe Reitz, OL -- bring him back at right price, his versatility is very valuable -- just don't think he deserves starter money

Cory Redding, DL -- same as Wayne and Hasselbeck, though I think he is most expendable of the 3 considering retirement

Fili Moala, DL -- adios

Andy Studebaker, LB -- bring back for cheap, but shouldn't be looked at as a lock to make team if we continue to upgrade our LBs

Darius Butler, CB -- definitely bring back, one of the best slot corners in the game

Josh Gordy, CB -- same as Studebaker

Sergio Brown, S -- bring him back, hopefully cut Landry and get a young S in draft or FA

Mike Adams, S -- indifferent here, I think he's earned a contract offer, but think we should be looking to upgrade both S spots

Colt Anderson, S -- indifferent here, he was good on STs -- if he is cheap I think he is the same as Studebaker/Gordy

Restricted:

A.Q. Shipley, OL -- indifferent, I doubt he'll want to resign here after being benched in favor of an UDFA rookie and Holmes

Jerrell Freeman, LB -- tough one, he might want a big pay day due to his performances from previous seasons, but I think we need to look to upgrade MLB with Freeman being worse than D Jackson -- bring back if cheap, but don't throw big time starter money at him

Delano Howell, S -- check his health, he can play in this league if healthy -- if his neck injury is similar to Bradshaw's, I think he should get a shot, if it's something he can't recover from, let him walk

Matt Overton, LS -- bring him back, he (IMO) has been a big part of the best kicking game in the league

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=indianapolis-colts&id=10086&src=desktop

Out of this list (besides a few that might retire) do you want the colts to sign back?

Gave my thoughts above...  I think Butler, Brown and Overton are 3 we should definitely aim to bring back.  Wayne, Hasselbeck and Redding, IMO, should all have their choice if they want to come back (so long as they aren't looking to break the bank).  After that, I'd say Adams and Reitz are guys we should definitely aim to bring back for the right price.  That said, we have room for improvement at pretty much everyone of the positions all of our FA's play (Hasselbeck as backup QB and Overton at LS may be the exceptions), so I am all for signing most of these guys back so long as we are expecting them to have to compete for a job (or at least a starting job in the case of Brown, Adams, and Freeman).

Hasselback is still need to give insight and Wayne not needed anymore he is not the same

Wayne, prior to injuring his arm was on pace for 87 receptions and he looked very good.  His knee should still be getting stronger and rehabbing his triceps should be much easier than the knee.  If he decides he can come back, I'd say let him -- he looked very good before injury and if he can come back to that form, he can be a very good 2/3/4 WR for us. 

Letting Wayne come back will be the worst decision since the Richardson trade

The man is done, he's basically out on the field for nothing.

He finished the year with 64 receptions (this is with missing a game), which is not a bad number for WR's (for him, it's not up to par, but a lot of #2 WRs would kill for that).  Prior to being hurt he was on pace for 87 receptions which is very good.  He looked fine before he got hurt.  Playing WR with a torn triceps muscle cannot be easy... if he thinks he can come back, I don't see why he'd have any trouble making this team with the ability to compete as the #2 WR spot or at worst being a solid #3/4 WR.

I tend to agree with all except Hasselbeck & Wayne. I would hope they would come back for vet minimum with maybe a performance pay provision. Great to have them on the field but if they don't perform....no loss.

I doubt either Hasselbeck or Wayne would play for the vet minimum (maybe Wayne with some serious bonuses built in, but as a backup QB it will be very difficult to reach any bonuses to make the min. acceptable to Matt H)

Gave my thoughts above...  I think Butler, Brown and Overton are 3 we should definitely aim to bring back.  Wayne, Hasselbeck and Redding, IMO, should all have their choice if they want to come back (so long as they aren't looking to break the bank).  After that, I'd say Adams and Reitz are guys we should definitely aim to bring back for the right price.  That said, we have room for improvement at pretty much everyone of the positions all of our FA's play (Hasselbeck as backup QB and Overton at LS may be the exceptions), so I am all for signing most of these guys back so long as we are expecting them to have to compete for a job (or at least a starting job in the case of Brown, Adams, and Freeman).

Wayne, prior to injuring his arm was on pace for 87 receptions and he looked very good.  His knee should still be getting stronger and rehabbing his triceps should be much easier than the knee.  If he decides he can come back, I'd say let him -- he looked very good before injury and if he can come back to that form, he can be a very good 2/3/4 WR for us. 

He finished the year with 64 receptions (this is with missing a game), which is not a bad number for WR's (for him, it's not up to par, but a lot of #2 WRs would kill for that).  Prior to being hurt he was on pace for 87 receptions which is very good.  He looked fine before he got hurt.  Playing WR with a torn triceps muscle cannot be easy... if he thinks he can come back, I don't see why he'd have any trouble making this team with the ability to compete as the #2 WR spot or at worst being a solid #3/4 WR.

I doubt either Hasselbeck or Wayne would play for the vet minimum (maybe Wayne with some serious bonuses built in, but as a backup QB it will be very difficult to reach any bonuses to make the min. acceptable to Matt H)

Hmmm...I guess I could see that with Wayne who could possibly be playing through pain and risks further injury with each additional game. But Hasselbeck has said he enjoys Indy and wouldn't want to uproot his family again. You don't think he'd be content earning the 10+ year veteran minimum of almost $1M to hold a clipboard, toss around a ball in practice and only be required to hit the field if Andrew was hurt or we were blowing out an opponent?

Unrestricted:

Ahmad Bradshaw, RB

Matt Hasselbeck, QB

Reggie Wayne, WR

Hakeem Nicks, WR

Joe Reitz, OL

Cory Redding, DL

Fili Moala, DL

Andy Studebaker, LB

Darius Butler, CB

Josh Gordy, CB

Sergio Brown, S

Mike Adams, S

Colt Anderson, S

Restricted:

A.Q. Shipley, OL

Jerrell Freeman, LB

Delano Howell, S

Matt Overton, LS

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=indianapolis-colts&id=10086&src=desktop

Out of this list (besides a few that might retire) do you want the colts to sign back?

UFA

Nicks- starting to develop rapport with Luck. A little continuity can't hurt with the receiver corps, especially with Wayne on the way out. Still, an upgrade over Avery and Heyward-Bey even if he's 3rd on the Depth Chart behind Moncrief and Hilton

Bradshaw- Fantastic player when healthy. Not an every-down back, but someone who is a playmaker

Butler- best nickel corner in football

Brown- Solid backup and fantastic ST player

Adams- He's a stopgap player, had a great year this year. Give him one more year to help solidify our secondary with the incoming youngsters

RFA

Freeman- Nothing wrong with Freeman. He's an average ILB, besides, he's not over the hill and he knows the system. Capable of being a home-run hitter too.

Overton- Pro Bowl long snapper? Duh.

Shipley- Depth on the O-Line, and arguably one of the better centers we currently have on roster.

Hmmm...I guess I could see that with Wayne who could possibly be playing through pain and risks further injury with each additional game. But Hasselbeck has said he enjoys Indy and wouldn't want to uproot his family again. You don't think he'd be content earning the 10+ year veteran minimum of almost $1M to hold a clipboard, toss around a ball in practice and only be required to hit the field if Andrew was hurt or we were blowing out an opponent?

I suppose we should have a legit shot at being super bowl contenders next year, which may be enticing to an old vet, though he came here on a 2 year, $8 mill contract and has previously stated his plans to retire after this season. I can't imagine him being lured out of retirement by being forced to take a pay cut of >$3 million.  It'd be nice to give him the vet minimum with bonus options, but being a back-up, I highly doubt their are many bonuses he'd be able to reach barring major injury to Luck (in which case, we probably are no longer super bowl contenders). 

Any long snapper in the NFL could do his job. He is more of a "look at me" player rather than a high character player. I've seen him at multiple bars in the Indy area after concerts, especially country concerts. Anytime girls are around him trying to take a picture he'll do whatever he can to draw to attention to himself and ask if they want a picture with him. He disregards male fans almost anytime they approach him. Look at any of his social media profiles and you'll see that he is a gigantic * who will do whatever he can to make himself look like a good guy.

This has to be a trolling joke, and might be the funniest thing I've ever read on this forum.  The narcissistic long snapper?   People lining up for photographs with the long snapper?  Overton couldn't get recognized at a family reunion. 

I suppose we should have a legit shot at being super bowl contenders next year, which may be enticing to an old vet, though he came here on a 2 year, $8 mill contract and has previously stated his plans to retire after this season. I can't imagine him being lured out of retirement by being forced to take a pay cut of >$3 million.  It'd be nice to give him the vet minimum with bonus options, but being a back-up, I highly doubt their are many bonuses he'd be able to reach barring major injury to Luck (in which case, we probably are no longer super bowl contenders). 

Being almost 40, being allowed to stay in the NFL as a back-up to Andrew, and maybe getting another chance to be on a Super Bowl Team.....and make $1M w/o having to learn another teams system? Seems like a pretty good deal to me. Who knows, maybe he can make more as a commentator.

Ahmad Bradshaw, RB - Been fun but time to go in another direction
Matt Hasselbeck, QB - Keep but if asking for to much cya
Reggie Wayne, WR - Last year keep
Hakeem Nicks, WR - Bye
Joe Reitz, OL - Sign
Cory Redding, DL - Sign
Fili Moala, DL - Sign
Andy Studebaker, LB - Sign
Darius Butler, CB - Must sign
Josh Gordy, CB - Bye
Sergio Brown, S - Sign
Mike Adams, S - Sign
Colt Anderson, S  - Either or

Restricted: 

A.Q. Shipley, OL - Either or
Jerrell Freeman, LB - Must sign
Delano Howell, S - Bye
Matt Overton, LS - Sign

I tell you, give your opinion on a thread that's asked for your opinion & it's called "trolling" smh :facepalm:

"I differ what they prefer, so they count me like the census"

FA:

Ahmad Bradshaw, RB- Let Walk. Too injury prone

Matt Hasselbeck, QB- Retirement

Reggie Wayne, WR- Retirement

Hakeem Nicks, WR- Let walk

Joe Reitz, OL- Re-Sign

Cory Redding, DL- Retirement/Let Walk if no retire

Fili Moala, DL - Let Walk. Injury prone & average

Andy Studebaker, LB - Re-Sign

Darius Butler, CB - Re-Sign but look for upgrade first

Josh Gordy, CB - Let Walk

Sergio Brown, S - Re-Sign & START

Mike Adams, S - Re-Sign, then draft future replacement

Colt Anderson, S - Let Walk

Restricted:

A.Q. Shipley, OL - RE-SIGN

Jerrell Freeman, LB - Re-Sign

Delano Howell, S - Bye Bye way too injury prone and neck injuries ain't to be played with

Matt Overton, LS- Re-Sign

:colts:

This. Although wouldn't mind seeing redding for 1 more year, good vet leadership on d.

A side note anyone hear anything about Studebaker? He left coughing up blood after that hit...

Unrestricted:

Ahmad Bradshaw, RB

Matt Hasselbeck, QB

Reggie Wayne, WR

Hakeem Nicks, WR

Joe Reitz, OL

Cory Redding, DL

Fili Moala, DL

Andy Studebaker, LB

Darius Butler, CB

Josh Gordy, CB

Sergio Brown, S

Mike Adams, S

Colt Anderson, S

Restricted:

A.Q. Shipley, OL

Jerrell Freeman, LB

Delano Howell, S

Matt Overton, LS

Hasselbeck:  Probably one of the best back ups in the league

Nicks:  I know very few will agree, but Reggie is done and Moncrief needs an experienced mentor.

Reitz:  Plug n Play very valuable depth

Butler:  Great 3rd CB

Brown:  Made alot of improvement, very energetic ST player, Great depth

Adams:  Eventhough he is old, statistically had the best year of his career,  Landry is a ?, we need good experience.

Freeman:  Probably our best overall LB.  Tackling machine.  Still have things to work on but we'd be stupid to let him walk.

Overton:  Best LS in the game.  Can't let him go...

Luck has one year left on his rookie contract. While I understand your opinion do you really think it is that easy to fill all the spots you mentioned just because we want to? As far as Reggie is concerned you have no clue what he has left in the tank but he does deserve the benefit of the doubt till it is shown one way or another. Hasselbeck is not a high dollar backup and replacing him with a backup with his skills would cost just as much with any other backup QB. Bradshaw, A broken bone is not a sign he cant play anymore. Prior to that broken bone he was by far the best RB on the roster. With training camp and pre season all these questions will be answered. Knee jerk reactions are not the best way to go sometimes.

Sorry but Luck has 4 years on his rookie contract and the team has a 5th year option so that's two years left. As I said I love Reggie but a blind man can see he is slowing down. Now you say Reggie deserves the benefit of the doubt till it is shown one way or another, but that's what you saw this year. Reggie didn't have the stats this year that he had last year after missing more then half the season. Bradshaw had 4 games the first year and 8 games this year but how will he help this team come Jan @ Feb if he's on IR? When was the last time he played a whole season or better yet how many times in his career has he finished the season without being put on IR. You are right about him being the best back on the team but the man is an injury waiting to happen. Lastly easy, no filling holes on are team isn't going to be easy but it can clearly be done. Nothing dealing with the offseason will be easy but it can be done. and we have two years before Luck Is due the big bucks to get on the right track. I said it once and I'll say it again its about production, not fan favorite, knee jerk reaction! Really!! you must hate change. The team is trying to make it to and win the SB, not just make the playoffs.  

Unrestricted:

Ahmad Bradshaw, RB

Matt Hasselbeck, QB

Reggie Wayne, WR

Hakeem Nicks, WR

Joe Reitz, OL

Cory Redding, DL

Fili Moala, DL

Andy Studebaker, LB

Darius Butler, CB

Josh Gordy, CB

Sergio Brown, S

Mike Adams, S

Colt Anderson, S

Restricted:

A.Q. Shipley, OL

Jerrell Freeman, LB

Delano Howell, S

Matt Overton, LS

Id keep Hasselback if he wants to play. Same with Reggie if he wants to play one more year and embraces a cheaper deal and very reduced role.

Reitz, Butler, Brown, Adams, Anderson, and Studebaker I would try to re-sign.

I think redding will retire. I'd see what the price is on Bradshaw but I'd still draft another back because you know he can't stay healthy

I'd keep the restricted guys unless someone gives them a stupid contract.

You don't know if Reggie is done. With what he has done and meant to this team he deserves the benefit of the doubt if he chooses to come back and try. He stayed with the Colts when he was needed the most and has been a leader and a mentor. He could have walked away three years ago but helped develop Luck, Hilton and both Allen and Fleener. You talk about him like he is trash that needs to be thrown away.

I agree 87 should get to decide his own fate he has earned that

Any long snapper in the NFL could do his job. He is more of a "look at me" player rather than a high character player. I've seen him at multiple bars in the Indy area after concerts, especially country concerts. Anytime girls are around him trying to take a picture he'll do whatever he can to draw to attention to himself and ask if they want a picture with him. He disregards male fans almost anytime they approach him. Look at any of his social media profiles and you'll see that he is a gigantic * who will do whatever he can to make himself look like a good guy.

Any long snapper in the NFL could not do his job, there are plenty of bad long snappers that mess field goals and punts up which usually lead to very bad things.   Overton is a good long snapper, which is often under-appreciated ... he is almost never off target even when McAfee has to move to avoid having the punt blocked. 

So let me get this second part straight ... so when he goes out in his free time at the bars he does things to get girls, but doesn't want to be hassled by guys hounding him for autographs ... Of course a single guy out at the bar or concert is going to be open to girls coming up to him and annoyed at guys asking for his autograph ... surely if you are out at the clubs as often as you infer than you should know this sounds like how most single guys at the bar would and do act. 

That stuff doesn't bother me as long as the players own up to it or if they don't act like something they're not. The fact that he pretends to be something he's not at every chance is my issue.

I don't think you can know him well enough from such limited exposure to him to know if he is pretending or not.  Do you frequent his charity events as well to have something for comparison?  

I have not seen him at a bar, but have seen him at training camp and other Colts events and I have not noticed any attitude, and he seemed perfectly happy to sign things for both guys and girls at places where asking for autographs was expected and appropriate. 

Being almost 40, being allowed to stay in the NFL as a back-up to Andrew, and maybe getting another chance to be on a Super Bowl Team.....and make $1M w/o having to learn another teams system? Seems like a pretty good deal to me. Who knows, maybe he can make more as a commentator.

Or you can look at it from the other side .. Although he would like to stay with the Colts, plenty of teams (likely at least 1-2 other teams with a shot at the super bowl) are willing to pay him $3-4 million to come be a back up, and since this is likely his last year he would like to maximize his earnings.  I think that would be a no-brainer.  

Personally I would pay him the $3 million and know we were in a good position if Luck had to miss a game, and one more year of him passing on his experience to Luck as well as the young receivers is a bonus. 

Sorry but Luck has 4 years on his rookie contract and the team has a 5th year option so that's two years left. As I said I love Reggie but a blind man can see he is slowing down. Now you say Reggie deserves the benefit of the doubt till it is shown one way or another, but that's what you saw this year. Reggie didn't have the stats this year that he had last year after missing more then half the season. Bradshaw had 4 games the first year and 8 games this year but how will he help this team come Jan @ Feb if he's on IR? When was the last time he played a whole season or better yet how many times in his career has he finished the season without being put on IR. You are right about him being the best back on the team but the man is an injury waiting to happen. Lastly easy, no filling holes on are team isn't going to be easy but it can clearly be done. Nothing dealing with the offseason will be easy but it can be done. and we have two years before Luck Is due the big bucks to get on the right track. I said it once and I'll say it again its about production, not fan favorite, knee jerk reaction! Really!! you must hate change. The team is trying to make it to and win the SB, not just make the playoffs.  

I guess you didn't comprehend my comment. An option year is optional, not a certainty. The Colts will have 90 players on their roster for training camp. Having Wayne and Bradshaw on that roster is not that big of a deal. They will have all of training camp and 4 pre season games to determine if they have something left. I don't like change? Now your putting your own meaning to my comment?

Or you can look at it from the other side .. Although he would like to stay with the Colts, plenty of teams (likely at least 1-2 other teams with a shot at the super bowl) are willing to pay him $3-4 million to come be a back up, and since this is likely his last year he would like to maximize his earnings.  I think that would be a no-brainer.  

Personally I would pay him the $3 million and know we were in a good position if Luck had to miss a game, and one more year of him passing on his experience to Luck as well as the young receivers is a bonus. 

I could be wrong but I believe Matt is the oldest active quarterback in the NFL. If he had to learn a new offense at that age (especially since he has talked about retirement) do you really believe another team would be willing to pay him $3-4M as a backup? There are a bunch of younger FA QB's out there that are a lot more hungry then he is.

I could be wrong but I believe Matt is the oldest active quarterback in the NFL. If he had to learn a new offense at that age (especially since he has talked about retirement) do you really believe another team would be willing to pay him $3-4M as a backup? There are a bunch of younger FA QB's out there that are a lot more hungry then he is.

I think he has played in enough systems and has enough experience that he could easily get up to speed in a new offense during the offseason, OTAs, and training camp.  I think there are several teams that would be willing to give him that kind of money. Look how desperate Arizona was last season, I bet they wouldn't mind having Hasselbeck in reserve should Palmer go down again.  IMO any team that thinks they have a good chance of making the playoffs (esp. a deep playoff run) and has a below average back up would take a long look at Hasselbeck. He is considered by many one of (if not the #1) back up in the league this season ... you don't think some team would take a chance on him as an emergency back up for one year?  Those "young hungry" FA QBs might be more hungry, but don't have the resume (reg. season, playoff, and Super Bowl experience) to match.

I think he has played in enough systems and has enough experience that he could easily get up to speed in a new offense during the offseason, OTAs, and training camp.  I think there are several teams that would be willing to give him that kind of money. Look how desperate Arizona was last season, I bet they wouldn't mind having Hasselbeck in reserve should Palmer go down again.  IMO any team that thinks they have a good chance of making the playoffs (esp. a deep playoff run) and has a below average back up would take a long look at Hasselbeck. He is considered by many one of (if not the #1) back up in the league this season ... you don't think some team would take a chance on him as an emergency back up for one year?  Those "young hungry" FA QBs might be more hungry, but don't have the resume (reg. season, playoff, and Super Bowl experience) to match.

If his bones were aching and he wanted to retire to AZ or FL....maybe. I think he'll settle for a restructured contract and keep his family in Indy until he retires

Unrestricted:

Ahmad Bradshaw, RB

Matt Hasselbeck, QB

Reggie Wayne, WR

Hakeem Nicks, WR

Joe Reitz, OL

Cory Redding, DL

Fili Moala, DL

Andy Studebaker, LB

Darius Butler, CB

Josh Gordy, CB

Sergio Brown, S

Mike Adams, S

Colt Anderson, S

Restricted:

A.Q. Shipley, OL

Jerrell Freeman, LB

Delano Howell, S

Matt Overton, LS

Butler - 2 years 5 mil 500k bonus

Gordy, - 2 years 2 mil, 100k bonus

Brown - 2 years 2 mil, 100k bonus

Adams - 2 years 4 mil, 300k bonus

Reitz - 2 years 3 mil, 200k bonus

RFA's

Shipley - Original round tender

Freeman - 2nd round tender

Howell - Original Round Tender

Overton - Original Round Tender

Wayne should retire, it's the best thing for the team.  Him being able to come back and contribute is in serious doubt and if he doesn't retire it puts us in a difficult position, We would want to re-sign him but I don't think that's the best football decision to do so.  Furthermore if we did re-sign him and he couldn't contribute then it's very difficult to just release him.  Retire as a colt, have a press conference about it, let Indy say goodbye, take his place on the ring of honor and let the team move on and do what's best for the team.  

Redding was effective enough we could bring him back on a 1 year deal if he didn't want to retire.  

He's very good at his job.

If you want to do away with all the narcissists, egomaniacs, and guys who love the ladies in the NFL,  you're going to do away with a huge amount of players on every team in the league.

That's the way it's been since the dawn of time.....   this is a testosterone driven league....

Seems like the OP deleted the post the way he had it but my response was more or less. . . 

"You don't like him because he prefers chicks fawning over him instead of dudes??"  

Sheesh we better sign only players who are married or in a long term relationship and are completely faithful.  Because the single ones might be out at bars trying to meet women and blowing off their male fans.  

Unrestricted:

Ahmad Bradshaw, RB

Matt Hasselbeck, QB

Reggie Wayne, WR  (Keep)If he isn't asking for a lot...he can work with our young receivers

Hakeem Nicks, WR

Joe Reitz, OL  (keep)was valuable at the end of the season

Cory Redding, DL

Fili Moala, DL

Andy Studebaker, LB

Darius Butler, CB (keep)good slot corner

Josh Gordy, CB (keep)i think he fills in pretty good when called

Sergio Brown, S (keep)shouldn't cost much and would be a valuable backup

Mike Adams, S (keep)he played better than i expected

Colt Anderson, S

Restricted:

A.Q. Shipley, OL

Jerrell Freeman, LB (keep)unless someone offers something crazy (i doubt it)

Delano Howell, S

Matt Overton, LS (keep)

Reggie still has value. As long as he realizes he is going to see a more limited roll and work with the young guys no reason he can't come back for 1 year. Still has hands and I think he still attracts defenders. I like our secondary...I would like to keep it mostly intact and then cut Landry and replace with a more ball hawk safety. I think what we do in signing other FAs will be the bigger deal. I think we keep most the guys we want of ours.

Of the original list only ONE player NEEDS to be be brought back...  Butler.   Butler is stellar as a slot CB...     Oh and bye the way folks...  CB is the strength of this D..       

The rest ....     meh...     I really like Brad, so I would do that at the same number.    All the rest are just average, or OLD>  

This is how i think Indy "COULD" make a run at a player like Suh?    Dang someone like Suh lining up all over the DL would be EPIC>      ya I know..    it probably won't happen... BUT, Jim Irsay is this teams owner.     WTH    Redding was making what 11m per...  just give NS a bit more...     :td:

Just saying...

NIcks has made it pretty clear he wants to stay in Indy. Once he was being used right he turned things around big time, and made some very nice catches. I would NOT get rid of him unless he just demands a outrageous contract. A full season of being used the way he was from the last 4-6 games would be a huge factor in the offense the whole season. 

If Wayne does retire, I'd feel much better about having Carter, Hicks, Hilton and Moncrief already on the roster.