Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Jackson arrested

RockThatBlue

http://ind.247sports.com/Bolt/Colts-rookie-linebacker-arrested-35004931

From the link

INDIANAPOLIS

According to the Bowling Green Daily News, Jackson, 22, was arrested after swerving onto the street's center concrete divider. He had a blood-alcohol content of .088 percent.

Jackson pleaded guilty to charges of careless driving and operating a vehicle under the influence. He served 14 days of house arrest and attended a drug and education class.

I'm assuming the Colts aren't going to make this into a big deal. He's young. At 0.88, he may not have realized if he was impaired. And the police always blame a crash on the alcohol, but people have crashes when sober too.

He served his time, and I assume Pagano needs to counsel him about consequences for the next time. Glad no one was hurt.

If he was arrested today, how did ge already plead guilty and serve 14 on house arrest?

Good catch.    A very, very poorly written story.

If this just happened,  then he's going to serve a 14 day in home sentence and attend counseling....   but he hasn't done it already, which is the way the story reads....

He has had character concerns since college, Served 14 days of house arrest already?  Sounds like this incident happened at some point during the season and we are just hearing about it now

I don't think this happened two weeks ago.    He couldn't have served a 14 day house arrest without the Colts knowing about it.

He would have missed practice and games.     But that hasn't happened.

So, odds are this incident just happened and he's going to serve this sentence....    that's the only way this makes sense to me...

It was a very badly written story....

EDIT:    Here's another story which confirms this just happened early this morning....  and he will now serve his sentence....

http://www.bgdailynews.com/sports/wku/former-wku-linebacker-jackson-arrested-charged-with-dui/article_a200877d-3246-5e92-98d9-4fbe86d42f18.html

I don't think this happened two weeks ago.    He couldn't have served a 14 day house arrest without the Colts knowing about it.

So, odds are this incident just happened and he's going to serve this sentence....    that's the only way this makes sense to me...

you can be allowed to go to work and still be on house arrest though

Heh, 22 year old making a couple hundred thousand a year playing pro football, he's going to be stupid. Crap happens.

Remember, our punter got drunk and took a swim in the Broad Ripple Canal. 

Jackson didn't hurt anyone, and he he will serve his time. So long as he doesn't do anything like this in the future, I don't have an issue with the Colts giving him a second chance. Now if he got violent and resisted arrest, yelling "you can't arrest me, I'm an Indianapolis Colt!" I'd be different.

If he's not cut, it's because he appears to have handled it well.

He went before a judge.   I didn't look too closely, but it appears he's plead guilty and accepted his punishment.

He didn't resist arrest or tell the Police "you can't arrest me,  I play for the Colts!"

This may be what saves him.....

Grigson spoke highly of him earlier today....   I hope it works out that AJ can be salvaged....

If he's not cut, it's because he appears to have handled it well.

He went before a judge.   I didn't look too closely, but it appears he's plead guilty and accepted his punishment.

He didn't resist arrest or tell the Police "you can't arrest me,  I play for the Colts!"

This may be what saves him.....

Grigson spoke highly of him earlier today....   I hope it works out that AJ can be salvaged....

Copycat!

EDIT:    Here's another story which confirms this just happened early this morning....  and he will now serve his sentence....

http://www.bgdailynews.com/sports/wku/former-wku-linebacker-jackson-arrested-charged-with-dui/article_a200877d-3246-5e92-98d9-4fbe86d42f18.html

That is weird it says in the story that he was arrested in Muncie Indiana for a DUI in May.  I don't think I ever heard about that.

I wouldn't think so over something like this. He shouldn't be anyway as he didn't harm anyone. I live an hour from Bowling Green and I didn't even hear about this, but I don't watch WBKO everyday so...

"Over something like this"

Wasn't Brazill cut for marijuana & Rogers cut for DUI?

"Over something like this"

Wasn't Brazill cut for marijuana & Rogers cut for DUI?

Brazill was multiple offenses, Rogers I think had other attitude issues I think besides his offense which led to his being cut, It even showed on the sidelines a time or two

Heh, 22 year old making a couple hundred thousand a year playing pro football, he's going to be stupid. Crap happens.

Remember, our punter got drunk and took a swim in the Broad Ripple Canal. 

Jackson didn't hurt anyone, and he he will serve his time. So long as he doesn't do anything like this in the future, I don't have an issue with the Colts giving him a second chance. Now if he got violent and resisted arrest, yelling "you can't arrest me, I'm an Indianapolis Colt!" I'd be different.

I've never bought into that distinction DI because drunk is drunk meaning that either way if you are intoxicated you are seldom in control of all your faculties in an altered states so whether you take a swing at cop or get vocal with an authority figure is of no consequence to me all that matters is did you kill another human being? How valuable are you on the team? and How much is your current salary? 

Maybe he was arrested in Muncie charges weren't filed that was pretty light for a second DUI even for KY and very swift sentencing something isn't right. Aressted this morning sentence tonight particularly with .088 good attorney could probably work with that.

He had potential for a 6th rounder no big lose either way lets get Perryman

If I like a player & he's genuinely remorseful as in he know he screwed up & he feels awful that he let his teammates down, his owner down, & his family down, I usually give him a 2nd chance. 

I'm always perplexed because they go over vices at the NFL Rookie Symposium like alcohol, drugs, & gold digging women just on the prowl for an easy street meal ticket. Don't players remember this stuff? Some owners even pay for a driving service to take players home if necessary. I think Woody Johnson of the Jets has that benefit, but I doubt it operates in the offseason though meaning when your team's season is officially over. 

I really don't care what a breathilizer reads. If you get arrested for drunk driving behind the wheel, no GM is gonna play the how drunk was he really game? 

I remember when NBC SNF host Al Michaels got arrested for operating a motor vehicle intoxicated a few years ago. I like the man, but when it comes to drunk driving, I have no sympathy for anybody who does this because I don't wanna die because some drunk person lost control of their car plain & simple. 

Yes, I am aware that Jim Irsay, our owner, struggles with alcohol & pain killer addictions & I am not pardoning his previous transgressions either & yes I am embarrassed by it. I can't lie. I just hope he finally wised up & hired a full time driver for safety reasons. 

I respect him as a person & I am thrilled that he constantly tries to win championships & make fans feel like a vital part of the Lombardi trophy pursuit just be careful out there Jim in your private time. 

Yes, I know "There by the grace of God go I." I don't view that as a religious statement. I just know that no one is perfect including me & yes we are all capable of redemption except serial killers & child molesters. JMO. 

I went to Western Kentucky University and lived in Bowling Green, KY for 6 years.  It really is just a college town that happens to have a Corvette Museum.  There is very little to do in that town aside from going to bars and restaurants.  Nashville is an hour south on I-65 if you feel like going all out.  The BGPD know this and on any given night there are 5 or 6 certain bars where they hang out and wait for people to leave.  My fiancée worked at one of those bars and her and her co-workers would constantly get pulled over on their way home just because they saw that their car pulled out of that parking lot.  I've personally never had an issue with them (and one officer actually let me skate on what probably should have been a DUI, but I was already parked in my apartment complex so he let me go inside for the night.  Curse you McDonalds for selling breakfast at 3 a.m.!) but have been in the car when they've pulled people over claiming swerving when that clearly wasn't the case.  The driver in that instance was actually 20 and my sober ride picking me up.

Anyways, this was just a long winded way of saying that as somebody who lived in Bowling Green, he should have been aware and he knew the risks.  I hope this doesn't jeopardize his future.