Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady "Sour Grapes"

chrisfarley

Stated that he thought that the Colts had "Sour Grapes" at his press conference when responding to the question about the radio interview on Monday.  He obviously laughed it off on Monday and it's too late to back-pedal.  He looked bad with his constant smirking today and you could tell he blames the Colts for all of this.  Dquell Jackson and other Colts are now the bad guys.  Give me a break.  Can't the Patriots just tell the truth and admit they deflated the footballs so we can get on with things?  Geez....... :facepalm:

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If reports are true, it was the Ravens who first noticed it. The Colts were just doing their due diligence to protect the integrity of the game. If Brady wants to hate on the Colts for doing the right thing, then he must not value the integrity of the sport.

I hope children don't aspire to be like Tom Brady when they reach the NFL level.

If reports are true, it was the Ravens who first noticed it. The Colts were just doing their due diligence to protect the integrity of the game. If Brady wants to hate on the Colts for doing the right thing, then he must not value the integrity of the sport.

I hope children don't aspire to be like Tom Brady when they reach the NFL level.

Reports suggest it even goes back to our first meeting with the Pats. Adams, allegedly, pointed out the balls after his 2 INTs. But that was never confirmed as far as I can tell.

Unless they have video evidence of someone letting air out of the football, nothing will be done.

Who knows when they did it. The only way the footballs got like that is if someone intentionally deflated them.  

I've grown tired of the NFL anyway. I'll just stick to watching the Colts.  

I'm definitely not watching the Superb Owl this year.

Reports suggest it even goes back to our first meeting with the Pats. Adams, allegedly, pointed out the balls after his 2 INTs. But that was never confirmed as far as I can tell.

I think it was an accurate report just based on how specific they were with details in the article.  Which would also mean that Belichick knew far in advance even though he said "I know nothing about any of this" and "in my 40 years i dont know about PSI".  I believe that when a report is filed with the NFL that both head coaches have to be notified.  Belichick and the Patriots are at their worst.

Edited by Nadine
derrogatory nick name for a team

i remember when Adams got the pick before half time he kept looking at the ball in his hand going off the field because I was thinking he had jammed a finger or something on the play but I am guessing now he was looking at the ball because it didn't feel right.

i remember when Adams got the pick before half time he kept looking at the ball in his hand going off the field because I was thinking he had jammed a finger or something on the play but I am guessing now he was looking at the ball because it didn't feel right.

i wonder if there is any way we can see that clip?  that would be interesting to see and I fully believe what you are saying!

I think it was an accurate report just based on how specific they were with details in the article.  Which would also mean that Belichick knew far in advance even though he said "I know nothing about any of this" and "in my 40 years i dont know about PSI".  I believe that when a report is filed with the NFL that both head coaches have to be notified.  Belichick and the Patriots are at their worst.

Another thing Belichick said I find hard to believe is he said he knew nothing about this till Monday morning. The whole country knew about this Sunday night. I find it hard to believe that no one called him at home or on his cell phone and told him about this. It makes no sense.

They should lose 2 picks and be suspended in some relevant sense. The worst thing Brady did was have the press conference cuz it was quite clear he was hiding or lying up there,not to mention his few contradictions in things he said. I doubt the nfl will go lightly now since the truth could have been told and Brady chose not too. For Christ sake the ball boy didn't just deflate them for no reason,all at the same pressure - which shows they were altered,if it was natural they would not all 11 been at the same amount ironically. Good thing it wasn't a close game, but the rule was broken along with the integrity of the game.

If you were the coach of the Patriots and you were innocent, wouldn't you be screaming bloody murder that someone tried to deflate your footballs to gain an edge. Wouldn't you want the NFL to investigate the Colts. Also even though this did not effect the outcome of the Colt game, who's to say it did not effect the Ravens game. That would have led to a Colts Ravens championship game and maybe the Colts would be in the Super Bowl.

Unless they have video evidence of someone letting air out of the football, nothing will be done.

Who knows when they did it. The only way the footballs got like that is if someone intentionally deflated them.  

I've grown tired of the NFL anyway. I'll just stick to watching the Colts.  

I'm definitely not watching the Superb Owl this year.

Like you need video evidence. If I look our my window and see that the road is wet, I'm going to assume it rained.

Yes, he laughed, he smirked, and if you noticed every time he said the word integrity he laughed too. He simply could not say the word integrity without smiling and/or laughing.

Because integrity, decency and morality do not live in the patriot way. The patriot way is to win at any and all costs nevermind integrity or rules

Stated that he thought that the Colts had "Sour Grapes" at his press conference when responding to the question about the radio interview on Monday.  He obviously laughed it off on Monday and it's too late to back-pedal.  He looked bad with his constant smirking today and you could tell he blames the Colts for all of this.  Dquell Jackson and other Colts are now the bad guys.  Give me a break.  Can't the Patriots just tell the truth and admit they deflated the footballs so we can get on with things?  Geez....... :facepalm:

The thing that sealed this whole thing for me was watching the reaction on ESPN by Mark Brunnell, Brian Dawkins and Jerome Bettie. All 3 talked about the relationship each player has with the equipment manager and how each player has to have everything just so. Mark B. talked about how he would pick out the footballs earlier in the week, practice with those balls 3 days before the game and they had to be "just so" in order for them to meet his specifications and even said that his footballs had to be at 13 psi. All 3 said they felt Brady was lying and were all disappointed in his comments. That says a lot when your peers know your a liar.

Indy just needs to come out next season and WHIP their *...    

If Chuck can lead it .. 

The sad part for Pats fans is that both BB and Brady are brilliant and talented and both deserving of HOF and great legacy.

Unfortunately, like it or not, their legacies will now forever be labeled as "Brilliant Cheaters".

They both had the opportunity to be honest and come clean yesterday and they blew it.

As I watched Brady's Presser yesterday, I sat there dumbfounded, in total disgust at what I was watching and hearing.

I admit, I tried to be objective, I tried to ask myself are you so biased that you don't want to believe a word he is saying or is he really standing there lying through his pearly whites. ???

It wasn't long before I realized my thoughts were the general consensus of the Majority. Mark Brunell, Jerome Bettis and many others immediately voiced the same reaction.

As I watched Brady's Presser yesterday, I sat there dumbfounded, in total disgust at what I was watching and hearing.

I admit, I tried to be objective, I tried to ask myself are you so biased that you don't want to believe a word he is saying or is he really standing there lying through his pearly whites. ???

It wasn't long before I realized my thoughts were the general consensus of the Majority. Mark Brunell, Jerome Bettis and many others immediately voiced the same reaction.

There are plenty of people who believe him.

I don't believe a word that comes out of his or BB's mouth.

They don't get the benefit of the doubt.

Also did you really think they would admit to anything? They have nothing to gain from that. They also have people coaching them on what to say.

There are plenty of people who believe him.

I don't believe a word that comes out of his or BB's mouth.

They don't get the benefit of the doubt.

Also did you really think they would admit to anything? They have nothing to gain from that. They also have people coaching them on what to say.

I didn't expect him to "admit" he was responsible, but I did expect him to at least say he knew they were deflated.   When he said he didn't notice anything, and that he doesn't really pay attention to the feel of the football once he takes the field, I knew he was lying.

I too don't believe him. Three years before any suspicions of the Pats' deflating the footballs, Brady had this to say on a Boston station WEEI:

"When Gronk [tight end Rob Gronkowski] scores … he spikes the ball and he deflates the ball. I love that, because I like the deflated ball."

Yet, "Asked about the radio comments in a news conference this afternoon, Brady said, 'I remember — I obviously read that I said that. … I like ‘em at, the way that I like them. … I would never do anything outside of the rules of play.'..."

Come on, Tom, you read that you said that!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2015/01/22/new-england-patriot-tom-brady-on-2011-deflation-comments-i-obviously-read-that-i-said-that/

I didn't expect him to "admit" he was responsible, but I did expect him to at least say he knew they were deflated. When he said he didn't notice anything, and that he doesn't really pay attention to the feel of the football once he takes the field, I knew he was lying.

Not a chance he would ever say that. He knows if he leaves doubt in people's mind, this will all go away and you can't say they cheated.

The thing that sealed this whole thing for me was watching the reaction on ESPN by Mark Brunnell, Brian Dawkins and Jerome Bettie. All 3 talked about the relationship each player has with the equipment manager and how each player has to have everything just so. Mark B. talked about how he would pick out the footballs earlier in the week, practice with those balls 3 days before the game and they had to be "just so" in order for them to meet his specifications and even said that his footballs had to be at 13 psi. All 3 said they felt Brady was lying and were all disappointed in his comments. That says a lot when your peers know your a liar.

Cheater, cheater....pumpkin eater.  All of them.