Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Adams

Exodus

Throughout the season, I though Mike Adams played very, very well with this team. We signed him on a one year deal, and i feel like he was a steal. I'd love to see him back in Indy next year. It would be great to have a Pro-Bowl safety on the team during our Super Bowl run  :thmup:

He missed a lot of tackles but he was a playmaker. I don't think he played at a pro bowl level this year.

Check it out my friend. He was just added in the wake of two S having to miss due to being in the Super Bowl. D'Qwell too!

http://probowl.fantasy.nfl.com/

He honestly does deserve it though. Third in the league for interceptions, and he lead the league in takeaways

I am sure it was posted some place here today and has just been lost in the days events but for those who don't know I saw earlier that Mike Adams was added to the Pro-Bowl roster earlier today joining TY, Davis, McAfee, Adam, and Luck in the pro-bowl on Sunday.  If nothing else they might be fun to watch on Sunday. 

Check it out my friend. He was just added in the wake of two S having to miss due to being in the Super Bowl. D'Qwell too!

He honestly does deserve it though. Third in the league for interceptions, and he lead the league in takeaways

Yeah I know he got it. But people just voted him in because of the interceptions and fumble recoveries. I think we should keep him but he's not guaranteed a starting spot if we bring him some good young safeties this offseason.

Its too soon.....let him parlay this successful season into a long term deal with some bums not expecting to win, but got the money for losing. We are trying to get to the Super Bowl next year. We need to figure out what our scheme is and fill the Safety position with that type of player. He gets INT's cuz he guards the TE's cuz L Landry cant, so if L Landry is staying I'd like a cover type Safety like D McCourty. If it doesnt help us beat NE, I dont want it. Period.

I would be opposed to bringing him back.

Domt forget that Howell may also be back.

But either through the draft or free agency we need to add another safety.

I wonder if Dewey McDonald will ever get a chance to start.

Howell has been on IR 2 years straight... Can't trust his health.

Would like to see what Dewey could do.

Adams had a good year. I would be OK with signing him again but you can't give him much money. We need a Safety of the future in the draft.

Adams is getting to be long in the tooth age wise so it's worth weighing our options. I agree TAC. I'm pleased with his production. After all, he did pick off Brady this season for INDY, but we need to spread our money around wisely on linemen & the defensive line IMO.  

Adams is getting to be long in the tooth age wise so it's worth weighing our options. I agree TAC. I'm pleased with his production. After all, he did pick off Brady this season for INDY, but we need to spread our money around wisely on linemen & the defensive line IMO.  

Like you say we have other priorities that's why Adams is a smart sign if only at the right price. Plus, as I pointed it out we need a young safety. The draft should produce one and as we know, the draft is as affordable as it gets in the NFL

Adams played well, but I think we need to focus on the future to be honest. I think we also need to put some athletic youth who can strike back there for the future.  I don't think we need to miss out on any tall/big safety prospects(who can cover tight ends) this year if they are there for the taking.  We can let Pops compete with whomever we draft, and if the draft pick looks more promising we can let pops go or use him for depth.  I do agree though that the major need is in the trenches as I think it's time to replace Redding along with some other moves.

Is it me or were we playing with 10 defensive players on Sunday because I didn't see landry out there.  For a big guy like him I have never seen a safety so scared of going into the box and making an aggressive tackle.  It's like he was in off season mode already, waiting to do some mirror poses and tweet them out to his 1 fan.  GET RID OF HIM!!!!

Now that the SB players don`t play in the Pro Bowl and you are talking about guys who get put on the PB Team after all the injured guys turn it down,

you are getting into guys who had an average to + season getting in. The Pro Bowl is very washed down nowadays.

I think Adams picked up our systen very fast and did make a lot of plays. He played pretty good FB the last 10-12 games.

I would like to have him back to compete for the starting job.

DQ was not someone i wanted back after his play the 1st 10-12 games. He did play better at the ned of the season.

But he was who he was against the kind of team one expects to have to beat to win a SB.  Loved his great play(catch) but not the rest of the game as a whole.

I like him, I hope he comes back.  I am also one of the only people on here who likes Landry.  I am not sure all three(Brown, Adams and Landry( will be back.  Will Delano Howell be back? Any news on him?  I liked him but he can't ever stay healthy.

Landry isn't worth the money.

Clearly you resign him unless he wants max bucks

34 next season and wasn't signed until June this year, can't see him getting much. 

Hopefully he can keep his level of play up and Howell comes back healthy to give him some competition. 

Edited by 21isSuperman

I like him, I hope he comes back.  I am also one of the only people on here who likes Landry.  I am not sure all three(Brown, Adams and Landry( will be back.  Will Delano Howell be back? Any news on him?  I liked him but he can't ever stay healthy.

imo landry was not used right by the coaches, as were a lot of players, landry was a star until he played for greg