Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

black monday has begun

CR91

Just throwing it out there.  They are very good offensively.  Rex can fix the defense.  You are right, he may be too much for Hot-Lanta.   :)

Yeah, I think the team is in good shape. But they seem pretty conservative down there. He is very blustery which is why NY was perfect him in a lot of ways ...

Today is a somewhat sad day in the NFL.  a lot of assitant coaches and other lower tier staff will lose their jobs, or be displaced in taking new positions with other organizations.  This isn't like free agency where players pick and choose their new team amongst the free flowing dollars, this is non-player NFL livelihoods and is real.   I wish all of them the best wherever they end up.

Today is a somewhat sad day in the NFL.  a lot of assitant coaches and other lower tier staff will lose their jobs, or be displaced in taking new positions with other organizations.  This isn't like free agency where players pick and choose their new team amongst the free flowing dollars, this is non-player NFL livelihoods and is real.   I wish all of them the best wherever they end up.

I nominate this for the most thoughtful post of the year.  Well said!!  :thmup:

Yeah, I think the team is in good shape. But they seem pretty conservative down there. He is very blustery which is why NY was perfect him in a lot of ways ...

Agreed.  So...who wants the Jets debacle?  I think it is time for Bill Belichick to move on.  Such a terrible career with the Patriots :)

:sarcasm:  

Agreed.  So...who wants the Jets debacle?  I think it is time for Bill Belichick to move on.  Such a terrible career with the Patriots :)

:sarcasm:  

The Jets GM and HC are the most interesting off-season replacements. The team has talent but needs a QB more offensive talent and secondary help. I think it is attractive because it is NY but wow will the pressure be intense.

The Jets GM and HC are the most interesting off-season replacements. The team has talent but needs a QB more offensive talent and secondary help. I think it is attractive because it is NY but wow will the pressure be intense.

Someone HAS to have an ego for that job for sure....and they need to be a little bit crazy.  Harbaugh could handle it....but looks like Michigan for him.

I don't expect any more movement. Giants committed to Coughlin, Dolphins committed to Philbin... Jags are interesting, but they had some strong showings in the past few weeks and everyone seems to love Bradley there.

Which opening do you think is most attractive to the top candidates? Last year I thought it was Houston which has a stable front office and an owner who lets the football people do their job. They also had the #1 draft pick and expectations were not too high given their record the year before.

Which opening do you think is most attractive to the top candidates? Last year I thought it was Houston which has a stable front office and an owner who lets the football people do their job. They also had the #1 draft pick and expectations were not too high given their record the year before.

Niners, easily. Then Falcons. The Bears are tough because of Cutler's deal, the Jets are a mess, and the Raiders are still the Raiders, until proven other.

A coach in NYC must control the local media

There is no control of the media in NY. Best way to handle them is keep your mouth shut and say as little as possible. One thing also is to never read the crap the media puts out. The media only feeds on what the coaches give them. Rex made himself look kind of silly most of the time.

Rex is definitely not OUR cup of tea.  Pagano is not going anywhere.

No, Shane meant as DC not HC brother. That's how I interpreted what he said anyway. 

I would love seeing Freeman, Whalen, Philips, & Mathis running around like possessed demons on the field. It would be so awesome! Rex is a brilliant defensive mind. 

No, Shane meant as DC not HC brother. That's how I interpreted what he said anyway.

I would love seeing Freeman, Whalen, Philips, & Mathis running around like possessed demons on the field. It would be so awesome! Rex is a brilliant defensive mind.

I heard on the radio that Rex told one of the beat reporters in NY that he is not working for another head coach. So, he won't be any team's D Coor.

im sure rex will have his brother soon for company 

Siblings on the same squad spells disaster to me. Mike & Kyle Shanahan tried being on the same Skins team & it didn't work out too well. Plus, can you really yell & go after your own flesh & blood on the same sidelines? 

Nope. I don't see this unfolding at all personally because you can't be objective when it comes to settling brotherly disagreements. JMO. 

I heard on the radio that Rex told one of the beat reporters in NY that he is not working for another head coach. So, he won't be any team's D Coor.

I don't know. Rex never had a franchise stud named Luck on the offense who can score TDs once the D gives him the ball back. Mark Sanchez & Geno Smith are not exactly franchise QBs. 

But, I could see Rex Ryan in Chicago since his daddy Buddy was DC during the 85 SB season though. It makes sense. 

Niners, easily. Then Falcons. The Bears are tough because of Cutler's deal, the Jets are a mess, and the Raiders are still the Raiders, until proven other.

QB CK doesn't look right though. He's regressed vs improved to me & the way ownership treated Jim Harbaugh pushing a guy out the door who took you to a SB & multiple NFC Championship Games, I wouldn't touch that job with a 20 ft. pole personally. 

The Raiders are intriguing to me because of QB Derek Carr & that defense isn't bad. The Black Hole has some nice talent in the Bay Area. That's the most attractive vacancy wise to me right now.

Plus in Oakland, the history of losing there lowers fans expectations vs San Fran where loyal Niners fans expect the NFC Championship game or bust straight out of the gate. 

QB CK doesn't look right though. He's regressed vs improved to me & the way ownership treated Jim Harbaugh pushing a guy out the door who took you to a SB & multiple NFC Championship Games, I wouldn't touch that job with a 20 ft. pole personally.

The Raiders are intriguing to me because of QB Derek Carr & that defense isn't bad. The Black Hole has some nice talent in the Bay Area. That's the most attractive vacancy wise to me right now.

Plus in Oakland, the history of losing there lowers fans expectations vs San Fran where loyal Niners fans expect the NFC Championship game or bust straight out of the gate.

I agree with you about the Niners. As for the Raiders, I like Carr too but the Raiders are the Raiders. You never know what to expect from them.

The expectation will be to win now (with the Niners). There will be a lot of pressure on the new coach to match Harbaugh's success. If he does win, fans and media will say he won with Harbaugh's team. So, I don't think it is the best job for a new coach. A coach who is promoted from within may be the best option for the Niners (maybe Vic Fangio). The team may then be able to keep many of the current assistants to maintain continuity. What are you hearing?

I like the Falcons job best. I like the Bears one too but only without Cutler. I could see Rex in Chicago.