Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Jackson

GoColts8818

Our dead president, thank you I'll be here all week, got his first true action today at linebacker.  I know it's against the Titans and it's hard to get a real gage of a guy against the Titans but I thought he played pretty well.  Looks like Grigson had himself a pretty good draft class this year with the limited picks.  Thoughts on Jackson?

All I know is when he was in the game I didn't hear Delani walkers name as opposed to when that other Jackson guy is in. .. Glad he got his first sniff of the playoffs but he shouldn't start. I think Andrew Jackson should start

Agree. But they'll go with experience over talent.

President just needs more experience.

experience and playing in a game is really the same thing, Cant have 1 without the other

Well, it starts with earning more reps in practice, then more reps in non crucial game situations, etc.

My point was that even though he's playing well now, they'll go with a trusted veteran in the playoffs. 

He played extremely well if you ask me. his hat was always around the ball which is a great thing. as a previous member stated he was surprisingly well in coverage, coming into the NFL that was said to be a short coming of his but he showed out. i would certainly like to see more of him next season for sure. 

He's a nosy guy, that's for sure. Always involved in the play.

I'm usually right (take it for what it;s worth) and I like this guy a lot. The only think I question is that he  was cut waived and passed through to the practice squad. This usually means the player is not thought of as a good prospect. But This guy makes some very tough ST teams tackles and he made a great goal line stop tackle about 5 weeks ago. He's will replace the other Jackson ( signed what I consider a 2 year contract) in 2016 and IMO will be an upgrade.

I'm usually right (take it for what it;s worth) and I like this guy a lot. The only think I question is that he  was cut waived and passed through to the practice squad. This usually means the player is not thought of as a good prospect. But This guy makes some very tough ST teams tackles and he made a great goal line stop tackle about 5 weeks ago. He's will replace the other Jackson ( signed what I consider a 2 year contract) in 2016 and IMO will be an upgrade.

Because he cleared waivers is not really a big indicator of anything.  That was at the beginning of the season when all other teams are trying to cut down to 53.  They just went through their personnel evaluations and probably saw no reason to waive one of their own to pick up a 5th round rookie. 

No your not...   But you are spot on with this... 

for a change..   :thmup: ;) :highfive2:

I honestly thought and predicted he would come in and START...   BUT...  

The staff likes the other Jax and Freeman (who is horrible against the run).   Better than the other Jax.  

Oh well ...   I liked McNary and TO Jax in the game...      

McNary was bringing it also.. 

Our dead president, thank you I'll be here all week, got his first true action today at linebacker.  I know it's against the Titans and it's hard to get a real gage of a guy against the Titans but I thought he played pretty well.  Looks like Grigson had himself a pretty good draft class this year with the limited picks.  Thoughts on Jackson?

Because he cleared waivers is not really a big indicator of anything.  That was at the beginning of the season when all other teams are trying to cut down to 53.  They just went through their personnel evaluations and probably saw no reason to waive one of their own to pick up a 5th round rookie. 

Yeah .. your right and I'm aware of that stuff. Just if you have a draft pick that looks really good in camp , you shouldn't (IMO) expose him. I would think that kind of info usually would have a way of "leaking " out. Btw... Newsome was our 5th , he was our 6th rounder.

Yeah .. your right and I'm aware of that stuff. Just if you have a draft pick that looks really good in camp , you shouldn't (IMO) expose him. I would think that kind of info usually would have a way of "leaking " out. Btw... Newsome was our 5th , he was our 6th rounder.

I thought it was a bad decision at the time myself, but it worked out.   Yeah, a 6th.  Overall, the last draft is looking good.

These days, just being a community organizer can get you a long ways ;)

Thankfully, that doesn't seem to hurt.  Of course, being somewhat intelligent, drafting a reasonable game plan that focuses more on your home team and less on trying to change foreign teams and having the capability to string a few sentences together coherently can be a welcomed change from one's predecessor.

Hopefully, Andrew Jackson has these necessary skills.

I thought it was a bad decision at the time myself, but it worked out.   Yeah, a 6th.  Overall, the last draft is looking good.

Looks like crazy good draft considering just a 2nd 3rd 5th 6th 7th. Cant even write off the 7th (John) as he's said to be athletic and has gained 20 lbs.

my thing is as far as playoffs they both have the same amount of experience. .. That's why you go with the talent right now. Gresham is going to kill us if manusky keep fooling hiself thinking dq is Cato June out there

As far as the playoffs, that's true.  But we're talking 9 years compared to spot time during 9 months.  There's no doubt they'll stay with the old guy.

ILB is a position that we have to improve on next season.  Right after inside O linemen.

I think he was nursing an injury through camp and preseason, and at a time when there are 700 other players going through waivers, I don't think there was any risk of him being claimed. Then, he sat on the practice squad for a month before getting activated, and no one signed him. 

We'll see if he can cover at some point. I know he can find the ball and support the run, and he's explosive when he gets there. Does he have pro range? Can he run with TEs up the seam and challenge completions? The reason he was a 6th rounder is because he didn't show the ability to do that in a non-major conference. I think he's a more physical D'Qwell Jackson.

I think he was nursing an injury through camp and preseason, and at a time when there are 700 other players going through waivers, I don't think there was any risk of him being claimed. Then, he sat on the practice squad for a month before getting activated, and no one signed him. 

We'll see if he can cover at some point. I know he can find the ball and support the run, and he's explosive when he gets there. Does he have pro range? Can he run with TEs up the seam and challenge completions? The reason he was a 6th rounder is because he didn't show the ability to do that in a non-major conference. I think he's a more physical D'Qwell Jackson.

I wasn't aware of that (injury) or I forgot. Yes .. he was drafted as a 2 down LB .... any coverage skills he shows would be a bonus for sure.

Wait so you are saying Grigson has had at least 2 good/great drafts out of 3? *GASP* That can't be right from what I have read on here.

I like the current crop of rookies, but they all have a ways to go before that draft can be accurately graded.