Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Today's Offensive Line (Tennessee Game)

NewColtsFan

Missed today's game for family obligations....

So,  I'm looking at hi-lites over at NFL.com and ESPN and here's what I see...

Left to Right,  this was our starting o-line...

LT Castanzo,  LG Shipley   C Holmes   RG  Louis  RT  Mewhort

If there's a thread somewhere else on this I didn't see it.....

They seemed to do OK....  but without having seen the whole game,  I don't know....

Your thoughts here would be appreciated....

So,  I'm looking at hi-lites over at NFL.com and ESPN and here's what I see...

Left to Right,  this was our starting o-line...

LT Castanzo,  LG Shipley   C Holmes   RG  Louis  RT  Mewhort

They seemed to do OK....  but without having seen the whole game,  I don't know....

Wasn't horrible but that was the titans too.

So, I'm looking at hi-lites over at NFL.com and ESPN and here's what I see...

Left to Right, this was our starting o-line...

LT Castanzo, LG Shipley C Holmes RG Louis RT Mewhort

They seemed to do OK.... but without having seen the whole game, I don't know....

They pretty much played everyone active. ThOrton got hurt as did shipley.

Probably the best performance by an oline in the past 3 or 4 games.  But Tenn is 2-14 of course.

And the performance is also a bit skewed since Hasselbeck played the entire second half and he gets the ball away quicker than Luck.  I don't remember him being under much pressure at all.

And Shipley got hurt, so the second half oline had Harriison at LG I believe.

It's really hard to grade them because it was the Titans.  Mewhort struggled some early at right tackle and pressure was still coming right up the middle at times I think the problem is the Colts have two NFL quality starters on the o-line right now in Castonzo and Mewhort.  I think Gosder still is when healthy but I don't think he's healthy and hasn't been most of the season.  I don't think they have a right guard right now who is good enough to be a NFL level starter and I think they have three quality NFL back ups at Center but none of them are good enough to be the long term answer at center. 

People keep saying "it was the Titans." They have a pretty good defensive front. Jurrell Casey is probably the second best lineman in the division, and he was mostly a nonfactor today.

That said, I think the line play was merely okay. Lots of shuffling with injuries and other things going on, and lots of 6OL, also. I haven't rewatched the game, but the run blocking was poor (and it shows in the box score), and the pass protection was inconsistent. Kind of the same thing as last week...

People keep saying "it was the Titans." They have a pretty good defensive front. Jurrell Casey is probably the second best lineman in the division, and he was mostly a nonfactor today.

That said, I think the line play was merely okay. Lots of shuffling with injuries and other things going on, and lots of 6OL, also. I haven't rewatched the game, but the run blocking was poor (and it shows in the box score), and the pass protection was inconsistent. Kind of the same thing as last week...

I'd have to disagree there.  I thought the QBs were under much less duress than any game in the past month.  The oline struggled in the 1st qtr, but the last three I thought they did quite well.

Just have to wonder if the Titans sort of mailed it in the last three quarters, given their sesaon.

I'd be interested in reading your assessment if you rewatch the game.

I'd have to disagree there.  I thought the QBs were under much less duress than any game in the past month.  The oline struggled in the 1st qtr, but the last three I thought they did quite well.

Just have to wonder if the Titans sort of mailed it in the last three quarters, given their sesaon.

I'd be interested in reading your assessment if you rewatch the game.

I don't think the QBs were under a lot of pressure last week. At times, yes, but overall, not really.

I'll be rewatching and posting grades. Probably tomorrow night...