Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

regular season colt awards

CR91

MVP

Its easily andrew luck. no arguing this

DMVP

again no brainer. its vontae davis. best 8.5 million and second round pick ever spent. 

Biggest Surprise

mike adams. not expected to do much for us and he gives a pro bowl season

most underated award

coby fleener. 774 yards and 8 tds. mostly gets lost in the fan appreciation, but I saw you coby and you had a great year.

LVP

the entire o-line expect canstanzo and mewhort. doesnt need much explaining

stepped up award

ty hilton. ty becoming the man this season and giving us glimpses of a third great colt wr in the last 20 years

best find gem award

jon newsome. 6.5 sacks as a rookie 5th round pick. 

the future award

jack mewhort. him and canstanzo have that left side locked down for years to come

we're special award

to the entire ST 4th down army. best ST we've seen in indy in I dont know how long

MVP:

Luck but you could make a case for Davis with how the defense falls apart when he's not there.  With that said I think the offense wouldn't get out of park without Luck and I don't want to see them without him.

D-MVP:

Davis

Biggest surprise

Mike Adams went from a guy signed to push Howell to pro-bowl alternate and probably our best safety

Most underrated

I'd have to go with Castonzo.  He gets lost in the rest of the line but the Colts have a very good left tackle

Stepped Up Award

I'd have to go with either Adams or Newsome.  I'd hate to think where the Colts would be for turnovers and safety play without the Adams signing and when Mathis went down the Colts needed a pass rusher.  The only guy who has stepped up in any kind of regular basis is Newsome.

Best Find

Newsome.  Fifth rounder and has been our best pass rusher this year. 

Future

I'd have to say you can't go wrong with Newsome, Mewhort, or Moncrief all three look like keepers.  I'd also add Fleener to this.  I know he's not a rookie but I think he is starting to become a star for the Colts and frankly the last few weeks is the only guy who seems like he is getting open for Luck on a regular basis. 

Special Teams Award

I think you have to go with Adam.  I know he missed one today but one miss all season with several long kicks and is just a rock.  Pat and Cribbs aren't bad choices either and I wouldn't argue with either of them. 

Biggest disappointment

It's easy to say the o-line or Trent here and they are probably the right choices but I have to say Nicks for me.  I think most people had huge expectations for him this year and frankly a one armed and clearly aging Reggie Wayne has been better than him most of the season.