Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How awesome is Antonio Brown?

LordHelpOurColts

Just too Damn often! We must ban all celebrations, and push for safer tackling.

I wasn't saying all that. That was kinda facetious of you. 

You can tell he didn't mean to land like that. He landed right on his tailbone and his whole body shook violently, even jarring the ball from his arms. It's silly, and if I'm the coach I first congratulate him for the huge play and then I scold him for the theatrics. 

You can tell he didn't mean to land like that. He landed right on his tailbone and his whole body shook violently, even jarring the ball from his arms. It's silly, and if I'm the coach I first congratulate him for the huge play and then I scold him for the theatrics. 

I don't mind the theatrics, but I do think that was a reckless thing for him to do. He's apparently fine, but I don't think it was smart.

Between him flipping like that and Lynch jumping backwards and grabbing his crotch, I don't know why guys can't just run into the end zone anymore.

Between him flipping like that and Lynch jumping backwards and grabbing his crotch, I don't know why guys can't just run into the end zone anymore.

Barry Sanders and Marvin Harrison always did my favorite TD celebration.

Handing the ball to the ref and getting to the sidelines to prepare for the next go. 

I don't mind the theatrics, but I do think that was a reckless thing for him to do. He's apparently fine, but I don't think it was smart.

Keyword; Smart.

Ya gotta be smarter than that. I won't pretend to know what it's like to return a kick for a TD in such a big NFL game in front of tens of thousands of fans. I'm just some dummy sitting at a keyboard. I'm sure it's electrifying. But these guys are professionals. They gotta be smarter than that. 

Who was it that got put on IR this year after injuring himself celebrating a sack? 

Keyword; Smart.

Ya gotta be smarter than that. I won't pretend to know what it's like to return a kick for a TD in such a big NFL game in front of tens of thousands of fans. I'm just some dummy sitting at a keyboard. I'm sure it's electrifying. But these guys are professionals. They gotta be smarter than that. 

Who was it that got put on IR this year after injuring himself celebrating a sack? 

Stephen Tulloch. Yeah, I wince every time I see someone do that stomp after a big play. Just a freak thing, but still...

Get serious...guys can get hurt simply running at full speed by pulling a hammy.

You mean while doing what they're supposed to do instead of doing what they're not supposed to do? I doubt they spend much time during training camp practicing flipping into the endzone as part of a celebration. 

wah wah wah wah wah wah

....and people wonder why some of us old timers don't hang out here much anymore. Some of you cannot have a friendly conversation/debate/discussion without acting like a petulant little punk. 

Thanks for the mature back and forth on this topic. 

Exactly AMF. Why can't players act more like HOF WR Jerry Rice? Hand the ball politely to the ref as if to say silently I've been here before & I'll be right back. 

Greatness needs no self promotion because everyone else can see it. Foolish jumps & crazy antics are just a sign of immaturity to me. 

Build your reputation on longevity & consistency not "Hey everybody look at me making an caboose of myself on natl. TV." I'm okay with butting helmets or slamming down the football in joyous defiance. 

I hope he bruised his tailbone doing that ridiculously hazardous front flip into the endzone. What a bonehead move. 

A good player, but how stupid was that? 

When I watched the game on my DVR, I was blown away by the return for a TD & then right as I watched him flip into the endzone I said "Antonio, what the hades are you doing?!" & shook my head in disbelief. 

If Brown would have landed awkwardly on his knee or twisted an ankle would Coach Tomlin be laughing? Nope. I like enthusiasm not disasters that can occur anytime an athlete spins in the air. 

Safety Troy Polamalu is at least smart enough to calculate when he jumps to stop a critical 3rd or 4th & 1 conversion. He has a legitimate reason for leaving the ground. 

I'm still waiting for a running back to leap over a defender & get nailed in the "family jewels" actually. A cup or not, that's still gonna hurt man. I agree 100% ruksak.  

When I watched the game on my DVR, I was blown away by the return for a TD & then right as I watched him flip into the endzone I said "Antonio, what the hades are you doing?!" & shook my head in disbelief. 

If Brown would have landed awkwardly on his knee or twisted an ankle would Coach Tomlin be laughing? Nope. I like enthusiasm not disasters that can occur anytime an athlete spins in the air. 

Safety Troy Polamalu is at least smart enough to calculate when he jumps to stop a critical 3rd or 4th & 1 conversion. He has a legitimate reason for leaving the ground. 

I'm still waiting for a running back to leap over a defender & get nailed in the "family jewels" actually. A cup or not, that's still gonna hurt man. I agree 100% ruksak.  

My opinion would completely change, for obvious reasons, if Brown had executed this skyward flip while imparting an effort to bypass a defender blocking his entry to the endzone. But for fun, because he was excited? Can you imagine a player of his caliber injuring himself like that 1 week before the vaunted NFL postseason starts? 

Gotta be smarter than that. 

My opinion would completely change, for obvious reasons, if Brown had executed this skyward flip while imparting an effort to bypass a defender blocking his entry to the endzone. But for fun, because he was excited? Can you imagine a player of his caliber injuring himself like that 1 week before the vaunted NFL postseason starts? 

Gotta be smarter than that. 

Yeah, I know. They was no need to jump so why did Brown even attempt it?  Exactly, a coach would ride him like a beaten mule if this was supposed to be a player's breakout season & he got a serious injury prior to the official September start. 

Yes, it is selfish to hurt yourself just showing off. You've gotta stay healthy for 20 weeks & the NFL is a occupation not a hobby. Protect your body from any unnecessary risk for your team's championship aspirations.