Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thoughts about facing the steelers

Stephen

The first time we faced them was away. Trent richardson didn't play that game and reggie wanye was out injured. Also vontae left the game injured in 1st quarter. Here are the things I've noticed.

1. First thing was that the offense started to slow. Steelers were up 21 to 3 before we did anything. If we meet again that can't happen.

2. Steelers blitzed us like crazy and we didn't have much of an answer

3. Our defense was bad in first half allowing 28 points. The other 7 was due to a pick six by luck. The play of the d  in the first half is one of the things that lost the game for us.

4. mistakes killed us. The pick 6 and safety really swung the momentum.  

We will get embarrassed at home if we draw these guys. Colts defense can't stop teams with good quarterbacks. Colts offense has no running game, doesn't protect Luck and turns the ball over way too much. Steelers own Colts in the playoffs. Colts have never beaten them ever...in like six tries. Lol.

Having TRENT back and an old Reggie Wayne isn't enough. Richardson still has yet to rush for 100 yards in 2 years with the team. He is not good. Reggie isn't the same playing with his injury and his age is showing. Having Vontae play for the full game could help but then last week happened so even that likely won't be enough to result in a different outcome. Most likely result if we play Pittsburgh is one and done.

I hope we face them and then i hope we Lose badly maybe that will force Isray to make a coaching change because getting blown out in the plays off is just bad.

Spoken like a true Colts fan. :thmdown:  Irsay is not going to fire any coaches. Any fan who wants the Colts to lose badly is not a true Colt fan IMO.

If I were the Steelers or even the Bengals for that matter I'd be salivating at the prospect of playing the Colts in the playoffs. It's a virtual bye. We are the easiest draw on the AFC side and 2nd easiest in the entire playoffs only after the NFC South representative.

This is in no way a bye for anyone,some of you are getting ridiculous.

This is in no way a bye for anyone,some of you are getting ridiculous.

I'm going by what they have shown us against elite competition. New England....Dallas...Pittsburgh. How is one to conclude otherwise when they show a penchant for not showing up against good teams this year? I would be chomping at the bit to play the Colts right now. Hope you're right though. We will find out soon enough. Lol

How some of you call yourself colts fans I have no clue. Let's count out your team before the game even starts. Geez the negativit here is starting to get old.

Sports is not a religion, despite the awkward parallels that some display toward this dynamic. The concept of undying faith has no validity within the realm of sport. Being realistic while espousing hope DOES have validity, and I would assert that this is the only rational approach toward the disposition we find ourselves in at this time. 

Sports is not a religion, despite the awkward parallels that some display toward this dynamic. The concept of undying faith has no validity within the realm of sport. Being realistic while espousing hope DOES have validity, and I would assert that this is the only rational approach toward the disposition we find ourselves in at this time.

Very true. But some people on here take it so far, I question if they are truly fans or just trolls to stir the pot

Amen...my brutha.  :D

I think you're missing the point.

No he's not...you guys are missing the point...no way this team is consistent enough to go through Pittsburgh, New England and Dallas.  That's a fan boy's pipe dream.  Not realistic.  We have all seen our Colts play this season...ok?  Our chances are  better at making an improbable run if we somehow end up facing the teams we match up the best against...i.e. the Cincinatti, Baltimore and Detroit's of the league.  Maybe we get lucky and pull an upset against a Denver team led by an ailing Manning or something.  Even then there are no guarantees...when you can't run the football, don't protect your quarterback and turn the football over as much as the Colts do.

No he's not...you guys are missing the point...no way this team is consistent enough to go through Pittsburgh, New England and Dallas.  That's a fan boy's pipe dream.  Not realistic.  We have all seen our Colts play this season...ok?  Our chances are  better at making an improbable run if we somehow end up facing the teams we match up the best against...i.e. the Cincinatti, Baltimore and Detroit's of the league.  Even then there are no guarantees...when you can't run the football, protect the quarterback and turn the football over like the Colts do.

Oops, there goes another point! You missed it again!

Do I really need to explain it?

Oops, there goes another point! You missed it again!

Do I really need to explain it?

I appreciate your desire to avenge those loses but be foreal.  Would be nice though.  To be the best need to beat the best...iron sharpens iron...yada, yada.  Problem is Colts are far from the best and alot softer than iron.

I appreciate your desire to avenge those loses but be foreal.  Would be nice though.  To be the best need to beat the best...iron sharpens iron...yada, yada.  Problem is Colts are far from the best and alot softer than iron.

There ya go. I never said it was likely, or even probable. Like you said, probably a pipe dream.

But it is, by far, the best scenario we could ever imagine.