Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This is where we bounce back.

Indianapolis-Colts-Fan

I don't believe we can't beat the elite teams. We have beat these teams before (other than pats). The Colts have just seemed kind of off the second half of this year. And I believe it was Pitt who derailed our season. But ever since then we have seemed off our game. And while yes, the colts have been inconsistent at times, I haven't seen such a bad stretch of playing in quite a while!

Anyways, I believe getting demolished by the cowboys, could have been exactly what we needed to bounce back. It took complete embarrassment to get us in this mess.

One other thing I would like to point out. The colts have usually shown up on most days against the NFLs top teams the last 2 years. It's the perfect time to hit the momentum, and bring our A game vs the playoffs.

Here's to tomorrow, and the game before playoffs!

We won't know until this weeks game... Let's see how they actually bounce back. It's easy to say we think they will or how a players only meeting will help things...

Their play is going to have to do most of the talking.

I truly believe we can make a Super Bowl run... Obviously we will need some luck but I think we can do it.

I however will be very disappointed if we..

1.) Come out slow vs the Titans (Always come out slow which you can NOT do in a playoff game)

2.) Our running game gets no momentum going

3.) The defense doesn't seem to give any effort.

Let's make this Super Bowl run happen! It starts this week!!!!

I don't believe we can't beat the elite teams. We have beat these teams before (other than pats). The Colts have just seemed kind of off the second half of this year. And I believe it was Pitt who derailed our season. But ever since then we have seemed off our game. And while yes, the colts have been inconsistent at times, I haven't seen such a bad stretch of playing in quite a while!

Anyways, I believe getting demolished by the cowboys, could have been exactly what we needed to bounce back. It took complete embarrassment to get us in this mess.

One other thing I would like to point out. The colts have usually shown up on most days against the NFLs top teams the last 2 years. It's the perfect time to hit the momentum, and bring our A game vs the playoffs.

Getting your butt kicked all the way to San Antonio is supposed to be a humbling experience, not one that inspires confidence. 

This team CLEARLY has lost it's confidence, and I'm not sure being repeatedly rebuked in an embarrassing, sloppy fashion accomplished that. 

Call me a debbie downer if you must, but I've never had my butt kicked without landing a punch and gotten up thinking "I CAN TAKE THIS GUY". 

Getting your butt kicked all the way to San Antonio is supposed to be a humbling experience, not one that inspires confidence. 

This team CLEARLY has lost it's confidence, and I'm not sure being repeatedly rebuked in an embarrassing, sloppy fashion accomplished that. 

Call me a debbie downer if you must, but I've never had my butt kicked without landing a punch and gotten up thinking "I CAN TAKE THIS GUY". 

Getting demolished by the Steelers, Patriots, & god forsaken Cowboys this season has taught me that INDY is in no way ready to compete let alone defeat upper echelon teams in January. With no running game & o-line holes to run through, I just don't see how the Colts even survive the 1st round of the playoffs. 

Ruksak is right. We as a team feel out of sink & can't generate points on our 1st offensive possession usually. It reminds me of that Jim Carrey line in "Dumb & Dumber" "So you're telling me there's a chance." 

Translation: Short of divine intervention, I just don't know how we make it to round 2. Yeah, I know anything is possible, but come on, we can't run the darn ball consistently or hardly at all. The handwriting is on the wall.

Grigs & Pags have a ton of work to do in the offseason. Fix the o-line ASAP. The D will be okay once Mathis & some semblance of pass rush returns game in game out. 

Hey QuizBoy, can we borrow RB Arian Foster to complement Boom Herron for our post season run? LOL! No harm in just asking right? 

You're not a debbie downer ruksak. You are just calling it like you see it & very accurately too. Sigh...Never apologize for that ever my friend. 

Sorry ruksak, your a Debbie downer. :woah:

Sorry ruksak, your a Debbie downer. :woah:

I get what you're saying CC1 optimism has it's place especially before the playoffs have even started that's true, but a blissful ignorance of the obvious doesn't help matters any either. 

Check out this clip from the movie "Monty Python's: The Meaning Of Life." 3 British officers are in complete denial of their surroundings & they don't seem to grasp the severity of the situation. In this case, a man's removal of his leg by a tiger in Africa. 

Look, I'm not saying that Grigs & Pags are unaware of our team's weaknesses o-line wise. I'm just saying INDY can't pretend that playoff teams are the same as AFC South teams that's all. We have almost no ground game & that spells disaster forcing Luck to throw more & increase the possibility of interceptions. 

"Good Lord! Look at this net! Whatever took your leg might come back."

"Right. We better get this net stitched" LOL! 

Jon Cleese is the best. He always makes me laugh.  :thmup:

I get what you're saying CC1 optimism has it's place especially before the playoffs have even started that's true, but a blissful ignorance of the obvious doesn't help matters any either. 

Check out this clip from the movie "Monty Python's: The Meaning Of Life." 3 British officers are in complete denial of their surroundings & they don't seem to grasp the severity of the situation. In this case, a man's removal of his leg by a tiger in Africa. 

Look, I'm not saying that Grigs & Pags are unaware of our team's weaknesses o-line wise. I'm just saying INDY can't pretend that playoff teams are the same as AFC South teams that's all. We have almost no ground game & that spells disaster forcing Luck to throw more & increase the possibility of interceptions. 

"Good Lord! Look at this net! Whatever took your leg might come back."

"Right. We better get this net fixed" LOL! 

Jon Cleese is the best. He always makes me laugh.  :thmup:

I was just pullin ruksak's leg with my comment. --Gotta love the British sense of humor that's for sure. :Wooo:

I was just pullin ruksak's leg with my comment. --Gotta love the British sense of humor that's for sure. :Wooo:

Ha! Ha! Cheerio; Cheerio...Besides, A Debbie Downer sounds better that a Debbie Upper...It sounds like a new synthetic, illegal drug on the street...

Thanks for tolerating my crazy antics CC1. You're alright in my book man.  :hat: Off to eat my tea biscuit now & drink my coffee now. Okay, I took my english humor too far there. 

I like the optimism here, but the Colts have no running game. Herron has shown some talent, but not enough to carry a game. Then there's Trent Richardson... enough said.

I will still support the Colts, but I doubt that they'll make it to the Superbowl. It's very possible that they'll make it to the second round, at least. Beyond that, I don't think so. In this case, I would more than happy to be proven wrong.

Making the playoffs three straight years is an accomplishment in itself. Not every team can even go that far.

We played TONS of bad football in the two seasons prior. The AFC South has been a cakewalk. The ONLY reason we have won more than 8 games.

Last season we beat the 49ers, Seahawks and Broncos. The 49ers made it to the NFCC, the other two to the SB. Those were the elite teams OP was referring to. But we lost to teams we shouldn't have (Rams, Chargers, Arizona). This year we've beaten the teams we should have, but except for Cincy (without AJ Green) and Baltimore we have no "elite" wins. And those are sketchy at best. But the only team that really beat the brakes off us from the get go was Dallas. The final scores of the other games show that they pulled away late. But we were within one score of New England, Pittsburgh, Denver, and Philly in the 4th quarter. I think we can hang with anyone....but we have got to be firing on all cylinders.

We're just so inconsistent. Even today, against the lowly Titans we were up and down. We have to get right fast or we are done first game in the playoffs.

When did we play great football against elite teams?

So because of this years struggles all of our success through the last 2 years isn't really success? In 2012 we beat the packers, and lions, along with the Chiefs and dolphins (who maybe not elite but still pretty good in 2012. The packers were supposed to be a top team that year. We came from down against them and beat them. How is that not great football?

In 2013 we beat the 49'ers who were elite the year before. Beat the Broncos and Seahawks, and Chiefs, along with the Chiefs in the playoffs as well in a come from behind victory.

How is this not great football? If you by great football you mean dynasty? And while yeah I agree that that is great football, you don't have to BE elite to beat the elite.

The colts have been playing great football. And also bad.

What team have you been watching?

So because of this years struggles all of our success through the last 2 years isn't really success? In 2012 we beat the packers, and lions, along with the Chiefs and dolphins (who maybe not elite but still pretty good in 2012. The packers were supposed to be a top team that year. We came from down against them and beat them. How is that not great football?

In 2013 we beat the 49'ers who were elite the year before. Beat the Broncos and Seahawks, and Chiefs, along with the Chiefs in the playoffs as well in a come from behind victory.

How is this not great football? If you by great football you mean dynasty? And while yeah I agree that that is great football, you don't have to BE elite to beat the elite.

The colts have been playing great football. And also bad.

What team have you been watching?

Chiefs and lions elite? 2011 Lions won 4 games.. yea we won against the chiefs who lost justin Houston Jamaal Charles in the game. This team is not the same as last year

We played TONS of bad football in the two seasons prior. The AFC South has been a cakewalk. The ONLY reason we have won more than 8 games.

Really?  That's the only reason?  You don't think it had to do with beating other teams?  We beat Denver Seattle and SF last season.  Colts only beat easy teams though!!  This season; Baltimore and Cincinnati, both playoff teams, we beat rather convincingly!  They're no better than the TItans or Jaguars though, the NFL should give them a top 5 pick because they're so bad, right?