Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which AFC team can beat Seattle in the Super Bowl..if Seattle gets to the Super Bowl?

coltkingABC

Maybe Pittsburgh, Maybe NE. Depends on how well they can run the ball, If both teams can run the ball and stop the run then you don't put Brady or Ben in a situation where they have to throw 35+ times and take hits and challenge that Secondary of Seattles a ton

We all know that Seattle is a juggernaut, it seems like their defense can't be stopped. It seems like pundits feel that the Broncos can't beat Seattle, since what happened in Super Bowl XLVIII. Which AFC team in the Super Bowl..can beat Seattle if they get far?

NE obviously....

..and Denver..the earlier meeting was an OT game...

Pitt would have a shot

Which AFC teams could beat Green Bay?

It'd be interesting to see how Tom Brady and his offense fares against Sherman and the Seahawks after we saw how Manning fared last year. I'm rooting for the Patriots if they get there, but I think they'd do better against the Packers than the Seahawks in all honesty.

It'd be interesting to see how Tom Brady and his offense fares against Sherman and the Seahawks after we saw how Manning fared last year. I'm rooting for the Patriots if they get there, but I think they'd do better against the Packers than the Seahawks in all honesty.

Wont be any different.

Easily the Patriots. They are the only team in the NFL IMO that can beat them this year. I don't see any team from the NFC challenging them other than maybe Dallas because they match up well. But the Pats have the top scoring offense in the league to challenge that stout defense and the pass defense to shut down Russell Wilson and the run defense to limit Lynch. The Pats STs are also great this year.

When the two teams played in 2012 in Seattle in the pouring rain, the stats were as follows:

Brady  - 36 for 58 for 395 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs

Wilson - 16 for 27 for 293, 3 TDs, 0 INTs

Ridley - 16 for 34 yards

Lynch - 15 for 41 yards

Seattle won 24-23 with Wilson hitting a late game 50 yard bomb for the win. Brady absolutely torched the secondary but one of his picks came at the end of half which ended a scoring chance for the Pats.

The Pats would never look like Denver did in that game vs ANY team. That was among the worst coaching jobs and performances in SB history.

Easily the Patriots. They are the only team in the NFL IMO that can beat them this year. I don't see any team from the NFC challenging them other than maybe Dallas because they match up well. But the Pats have the top scoring offense in the league to challenge that stout defense and the pass defense to shut down Russell Wilson and the run defense to limit Lynch. The Pats STs are also great this year.

When the two teams played in 2012 in Seattle in the pouring rain, the stats were as follows:

Brady - 36 for 58 for 395 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs

Ridley - 16 for 34 yards

Lynch - 15 for 41 yards

Seattle won 24-23 with Wilson hitting a late game 50 yard bomb for the win. Brady absolutely torched the secondary but one of his picks came at the end of half which ended a scoring chance for the Pats.

Those are some pretty impressive numbers for Wilson, playing in pouring rain in his rookie year against arguably the best defensive mind in the game. Wilson is so underrated! The Pats did not have Revis in 2012, but given the numbers Wilson put up then in inclement weather as a rookie, why would the Pats now "shut down" a more experienced Russell Wilson?

I do think the Pats would have the best chance to beat Seattle but more so because of Brady. Unlike Qwiz, I am not rooting for the Pats. They have too many members on this forum rooting for them. ;)

Those are some pretty impressive numbers for Wilson, playing in pouring rain in his rookie year against arguably the best defensive mind in the game. Wilson is so underrated! The Pats did not have Revis in 2012, but given the numbers Wilson put up then in inclement weather as a rookie, why would the Pats now "shut down" a more experienced Russell Wilson?

I do think the Pats would have the best chance to beat Seattle but more so because of Brady. Unlike Qwiz, I am not rooting for the Pats. They have too many members on this forum rooting for them. ;)

Yes they are. It was his rookie year and he showed his knack for making THE plays in that game. His numbers overall were very pedestrian but when the game was on the line he delivered. The Pats secondary was lousy that year. They did not have Revis or Talib and were ranked 25th in yards allowed.

My biggest fear of playing Seattle is not their defense as I believe this Pats O would find ways to move the ball but Wilson is the one that scares me the most. He is such a great play maker, has a sense of the moment, and delivers. He really is just like a young Brady.

Never say Never.

It is never Gramz. The Patriots trotted out one of the weakest teams to ever make the Super Bowl in 2001 headed by a sixth round nobody at QB and faced the greatest show on turf and not only won but dominated the game for three quarters. You would never see a SB with Bill and Brady that would ever resemble anything close to what happened this past Feb.

It is never Gramz. The Patriots trotted out one of the weakest teams to ever make the Super Bowl in 2001 headed by a sixth round nobody at QB and faced the greatest show on turf and not only won but dominated the game for three quarters. You would never see a SB with Bill and Brady that would ever resemble anything close to what happened this past Feb.

wow. everything you said here made a lot of sense

Easily the Patriots. They are the only team in the NFL IMO that can beat them this year. I don't see any team from the NFC challenging them other than maybe Dallas because they match up well. But the Pats have the top scoring offense in the league to challenge that stout defense and the pass defense to shut down Russell Wilson and the run defense to limit Lynch. The Pats STs are also great this year.

Ridley - 16 for 34 yards

Lynch - 15 for 41 yards

Dear God..............the unbeatable brilliant Patriots are the only team who can beat the Seahawks in a one off game. Get over yourself. But we will never know, because the Pats will crash and burn yet again.....

Dear God..............the unbeatable brilliant Patriots are the only team who can beat the Seahawks in a one off game. Get over yourself. But we will never know, because the Pats will crash and burn yet again.....

If my posts anger you that much, why don't you just use the ignore feature?

Easily the Patriots. They are the only team in the NFL IMO that can beat them this year. I don't see any team from the NFC challenging them other than maybe Dallas because they match up well. But the Pats have the top scoring offense in the league to challenge that stout defense and the pass defense to shut down Russell Wilson and the run defense to limit Lynch. The Pats STs are also great this year.

Brady - 36 for 58 for 395 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs

Ridley - 16 for 34 yards

Lynch - 15 for 41 yards

Watched the Jets game last week?. Pats scored 17 points and some of them due to favorable field position.

Russell Wilson is not Geno Smith.

This Pats team is not better than the team that lost 24-23. However Seattle is a better team than that 24-23 team that won.

Only difference will be Belichick.

Watched the Jets game last week?. Pats scored 17 points and some of them due to favorable field position.

Russell Wilson is not Geno Smith.

This Pats team is not better than the team that lost 24-23. However Seattle is a better team than that 24-23 team that won.

Only difference will be Belichick.

What?

This Pats team is MUCH better than 2012. It is not even close defensively. STs are better too. O is the same - both ranked one in points scored but this team has a healthy Gronk heading into the post-season.

Seattle IS better this year than 2012 but not better than last year. Last year they had Tate and Harvin. They don't have anyone close to that offensively to hurt in the passing game.

We all know that Seattle is a juggernaut, it seems like their defense can't be stopped. It seems like pundits feel that the Broncos can't beat Seattle, since what happened in Super Bowl XLVIII. Which AFC team in the Super Bowl..can beat Seattle if they get far?

Of course any AFC playoff team could possibly beat Seattle.

Obviously, New England. And if any other team knocks off New England, then they would have what it takes to beat Seattle.  Though I do think it unlikely that Denver would win after the way they stunk it up last year.

Ridley - 16 for 34 yards

Lynch - 15 for 41 yards

As a Seahawks fan I remember that game well.  Brady had all his weapons for that game (Gronk, Welker, Hernandez) and he did get a lot of total yards passing but it took him 58 pass attempts to do it and the Pats struggled to get into the end zone against the Seattle D.   Richard Sherman kept taunting Brady to throw his direction and when he finally did try to go deep on him Sherman picked it off.  Afterwards he tweeted out the U Mad Bro picture of him taunting Brady after the game which was probably the first time Sherman started getting national notoriety.  Russell Wilson played extremely well and hit Sidney Rice on a bomb late to win it.  Afterwards Patriots' broadcaster Scott Zolak hilariously called out the Pats for losing to the "worst quarterback in the league."

It was a very entertaining game and a big win for a young Seahawks team that was just starting to come into their own.  It would make for a great Super Bowl if the two teams meet.

Unfortunately, the Cardinals, 49ers, and Rams have not been as strong collectively when it was their time to play the Seahawks. I still do not think the Seahawks are not as strong as last year in the middle in the front 7 against elite OLs. Packers have been running much better and the Cowboys and Patriots have the run blocking OL to challenge them.

The key is to keep Wilson and that offense contained so that it's a low scoring game where a team does not have to force things while playing from behind. Packers' D has the lateral speed, so do the Patriots in terms of defensive discipline to keep Wilson contained. The ability to play nickel to contain Wilson from rushing or passing outside the pocket while stopping the run with your front 6 is the key to beating Seattle.

Broncos do not have the quality LB and safety discipline to do that, IMO.

Yet the earlier meeting between Seattle and Denver was a tie, right?

That was mainly because the Seahawks offense was trying too hard to incorporate Harvin at the cost of their offensive rhythm and identity which always was Wilson and Lynch till Harvin came along.

Once they went to that identity in OT, they smoked that Denver D that did not offer resistance in OT. Once Harvin was gone, you saw their record improve too, not a coincidence to me.

That was mainly because the Seahawks offense was trying too hard to incorporate Harvin at the cost of their offensive rhythm and identity which always was Wilson and Lynch till Harvin came along.

Once they went to that identity in OT, they smoked that Denver D that did not offer resistance in OT. Once Harvin was gone, you saw their record improve too, not a coincidence to me.

But it was a 20-20 game after regulation.

You say Denver cannot defend them and I say they can. But Denver also scored 14 unanswered the fourth quarter that day in Seattle.

All teams change 3 months later.

But that OT game in September doesn't suggest that Denver, as you said, cant beat Seattle due to a lack of discipline since they haven't met since that virtual tie

But it was a 20-20 game after regulation.

You say Denver cannot defend them and I say they can. But Denver also scored 14 unanswered the fourth quarter that day in Seattle.

All teams change 3 months later.

But that OT game in September doesn't suggest that Denver, as you said, cant beat Seattle due to a lack of discipline since they haven't met since that virtual tie

My lack of discipline statement comes from how Andy Dalton was able to execute the read option against them a game ago and how their sideline speed could not keep a guy like Giovani Bernard from getting loose down the sidelines.

Certain things seem recurring with that Denver D, like allowing TDs before the half by relaxing on D to Wilson and Brady that come to bite you back later.

We will never know till they meet again. If they meet again, Denver will definitely be the underdogs, IMO. I haven't seen much clutch character from their O or D lately, to be honest.

Absolutely none.

Denver would get blown out again probably worse than the first time. Seattle could have easily run the score up to 50 in the SB if they wanted to.

New England would get blown out by them too after they expose Brady's age when he has a bad day over throwing/under throwing deep balls

Pittsburgh would turn the ball over way too much against them

Colts, sorry fellas, I love your quarterback and your wide receivers, but I am not convinced the Colts are the same team after that Pittsburgh game and do not like their chances against Seattle one bit.