Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Future with this coaching staff

BProland85

I for one fear for our future with this current staff. We seem to be stubborn when playing players on the OL, and the constant shuffling cannot be good for chemistry among the OLmen.

To be honest this is the first time in awhile I have felt this team is going nowhere even with a young franchise QB. Until we show we are willing to improve the OL, run game, and defense, this team will continue to falter and get Luck beat up during the season. I realize we don't have the personnel to run the ball this year, but if Grigson and company don't do anything to fix this, we will continue to underachieve late in the season into the playoffs.

Aside from the obvious in Harbaugh replacing Pagano, some other coaches I would like to consider bringing in are...

OL coach Bill Callahan from Dallas(OC to replace Pep)

OL coach Tom Cable from Seattle(OC to replace Pep)

Linebackers coach Patrick Graham from New England to replace DC Greg Manusky

As much as I hate to say it, I don't think Pagano is fired after this season even if they go 1 and done again in the playoffs. But I do hope new coaches are brought in at OL, and possibly OC. We already have a guy who could take over at OC in Chudzinski, but I would definitely be for adding a OL minded guy at OC like a Bill Callahan or Tom Cable.

I don't think we will actually fire Pagano. Mainly because he is a great guy but also because all of the attention he deservedly got during his win in the battle with leukemia.

Only problem is I do not think he is a good head coach. Doesn't seem like he is ever sure of a decision.

Not only him though all if the other coaches seem to be struggling and their jobs need to be evaluated.

It's going to be the same ol same ol next season.

I like what Manusky has done against lesser offenses this year, but we need to look at getting a new coordinator. There doesn't seem to  be any progress on defense against any of the teams that would be considered to have the better coaches of the league. I'd like to see a new coordinator brought in. Pagano isn't getting fired. So that is the change I'd like to be made. Obviously I want Rex Ryan. His defensive record speaks for itself. 

I think we gotta find

I don't think we will actually fire Pagano. Mainly because he is a great guy but also because all of the attention he deservedly got during his win in the battle with leukemia.

Only problem is I do not think he is a good head coach. Doesn't seem like he is ever sure of a decision.

Not only him though all if the other coaches seem to be struggling and their jobs need to be evaluated.

I think we have to at least find a new OL coach, or else fans could riot

This is a business has nothing to do with being a good guy or whether you survived cancer sad to say it but he should be fired but we will see....

Cancer is his personal life, not professional life. I understand it was a movement and all but Jim seriously couldn't be satisfied with being mediocre just because he feels pitty for a guy

If we win the next game, that would be three years in a row with an 11-5 record. You don't fire a coach with that kind of success.  You can make the argument that the record has more to do with Luck than coaching, but it would be hard to fire Pagano after three consecutive playoff appearances.

I think Pagano is an above average head coach, or at least, he must be with the lack of talent on the team. Grigson hasn't given him much of an O-line (Shipley doesn't equal SuperBowl but might be the better option though), and there's still the RG and RT positions to worry about. Grigson traded a first round draft pick for Trent and we still have no run game.

Overall, we are the same team that we have been for the past three years. We're pass happy, can't block, can't run, and still have a bad defense. We have not gotten any better.

I think we gotta find

I think we have to at least find a new OL coach, or else fans could riot

My big question is whether it's the OL coach or the OC. From what I've heard on these forums, the OL coach has been working on quite a few different blocking styles with the OL. Is Pep's playcalling just that anemic and vanilla that he calls the same old man blocking nonsense all the time? Probably... I REALLY hope he gets hired elsewhere so we can get a new OC that knows how to do the job.