Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Powerranking the best of the AFC

DalTXColtsFan

These powerrankings are based primarily on the teams' performance over the entire first 16 weeks with SLIGHT bias given to how hot they appear to be to finish the season.

1. New England

no-brainer

2. Denver

no-brainer

3. SD

I give SD a very very slight edge over Indy for the simple reason that they beat Seattle.  The best team that Indy beat all year was Cincinnati.  I thought about penalizing SD for getting blown by Miami, but the Colts just got blown out by Dallas so it about evens out.  SD couldn't beat Denver or NE either so in the grand scheme of things they're about the same, but the one big win gives SD the ever-so-slight edge..

4. Indy

Yes, I rank Indy above Pittsburgh even though Pittsburgh beat Indy.  Why?  Simple.  AS BAD AS THE COLTS HAVE BEEN PLAYING THEY WOULD HAVE GONE 13-3 IF NOT 14-2 WITH PITTSBURGH'S PATHETIC SCHEDULE.  Look at their results - they have losses to NO, NYJ, TB and Cleveland!  THE BEST TEAM THEY BEAT IS THE COLTS!!!!!!  They didn't even have to PLAY NE, Den, GB, Det, Sea, Ari, Dal, or Philly!!!!  Their lack of consistency is embarrassing!  Although most pundits would give Pitt the edge in a head-to-head matchup, the Colts have actually been a FAR more consistent team than Pitt over the first 16 weeks.

5. Pittsburgh

I rate Pitt ahead of Cincy because Pitt beat them in Cincy.

6. Cincinnati

I rate Cincy ahead of Balt because they swept the series over Balt and Balt hasn't looked too good the last 2 weeks.

7. Baltimore, Hou, KC, Mia, Cle, Buf

I stopped caring here.  I stopped looking for reasons to rank any of these teams above any other.  Baltimore would probably be #7 because they have the least embarrassing losses of those 6 teams.  I could put either KC or Buf at #8 but really wouldn't care which, and then I wouldn't care about the order of the rest of the teams.

Thoughts?

The Steelers' 3-game win streak over Atlanta, KC and Cincy (preceded by a loss to NO) is more impressive than Denver's 4-game win streak over KC, SD, Buffalo and Miami preceded by their loss to St. Louis?  How do you figure?

Yes. I think Pitt has looked more impressive in their wins than Denver has but it is close.

Out of curiosity why do you have the Colts ahead of SD?  (I agree with everything else, especially after last night's game).

I think the Colts have been more consistent than SD and I think Rivers is really hurt. I would expect the Colts to beat them in Indy.

The Steelers' 3-game win streak over Atlanta, KC and Cincy (preceded by a loss to NO) is more impressive than Denver's 4-game win streak over KC, SD, Buffalo and Miami preceded by their loss to St. Louis?  How do you figure?

....we ALL said at the start of the season that Denver, SD and KC would not do as well this season (as they did in 2013) because they faced the NFC West this season.

That has turned out to be true.