Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Arizona vs Seattle Sunday Night Football Week 16

chad72

How many teams are just kicking themselves for passing on this Russell Wilson kid. Just a cool cat.

If the Seahawks win this, they are the #1 seed, aren't they?

The Packers losing a 4th game threw the head-to-head of the Seahawks and Cowboys out the window. When 3 teams that are not in the same division have the same record, conference record and common opponents after that becomes important.

Seahawks win out they have #1 seed and HFA throughout. If you hear how loud their crowd is there tonight imagine the SB. They have some of the best traveling fans in football and not just sit there fans. They get loud. This is a very good TEAM. They know their identity and stay focused. Imagine NE vs SEA. I would hate to be a WR in that game. Almost impossible to get open with how physical these teams are.

Looks like Seattle might be back in the Super Bowl AGAIN. If they get the 1 see don't think anyone outside of Dallas go up there and beat them . As much as I would like the Packers to represent the NFC I can't see them winning in the Link.

agree 100%. Just imagine if Seattle had never got RW in the third rd? They would be starting Charlie whitehurst or whoever that backup qb was from the eagles years ago. Likely they would be the Stl rams in all honesty. We could be on the verge of a NE style domination of the NFL like we saw in the early 00s. Interestingly though I still think NE is the most complete team in football so maybe they can stop them.

agree 100%. Just imagine if Seattle had never got RW in the third rd? They would be starting Charlie whitehurst or whoever that backup qb was from the eagles years ago. Likely they would be the Stl rams in all honesty. We could be on the verge of a NE style domination of the NFL like we saw in the early 00s. Interestingly though I still think NE is the most complete team in football so maybe they can stop them.

Yeah Seattle is tough and a match up nightmare for a lot of teams . If that were to happen that would be an interesting match up NE v SEA but I'm going to cross my fingers that neither make it lol.

Yeah Seattle is tough and a match up nightmare for a lot of teams . If that were to happen that would be an interesting match up NE v SEA but I'm going to cross my fingers that neither make it lol.

oh I understand. Seattle you have to punch in the mouth like Dallas did. Run the ball against them. Bullies don't like to get punched. Get your lineman on thos athletic lbs and get your rbs to punish their corners. Stop the run and push the pocket into RW face make it hard to see. Easier said then done. NE you have to get after Brady and make him uncomfortable. Bracket Gronk and tackle his wrs like Edelman short of the sticks. I think against that defense is run on them if you can. Use bunches against man coverage and hit crossers and then zone get guys in the seems. Again not easy obviously. That is why I expect them to play for the SB as I picked before the season when I saw bill build that secondary. Denver and GB have offenses that could compete if they can run the ball and open things up for their receivers but with both likely going on the road... Just a long shot.

All that said since NE find their protections and got browner off suspension they have been pretty great and SEA was beat up on that defense early in the season and dealing with the HArvin disaster and since they got their guys healthy defense has been lights out and offense has been solid if not consistent.

oh I understand. Seattle you have to punch in the mouth like Dallas did. Run the ball against them. Bullies don't like to get punched. Get your lineman on thos athletic lbs and get your rbs to punish their corners. Stop the run and push the pocket into RW face make it hard to see. Easier said then done. NE you have to get after Brady and make him uncomfortable. Bracket Gronk and tackle his wrs like Edelman short of the sticks. I think against that defense is run on them if you can. Use bunches against man coverage and hit crossers and then zone get guys in the seems. Again not easy obviously. That is why I expect them to play for the SB as I picked before the season when I saw bill build that secondary. Denver and GB have offenses that could compete if they can run the ball and open things up for their receivers but with both likely going on the road... Just a long shot.

All that said since NE find their protections and got browner off suspension they have been pretty great and SEA was beat up on that defense early in the season and dealing with the HArvin disaster and since they got their guys healthy defense has been lights out and offense has been solid if not consistent.

NE and Seattle would make an interesting match up if they get that far.

Excellent post . The key is can Dallas do it again if they face Seattle ? And for NE I think the Jets had a great blueprint on how to control the Pats offense and beat them . The problem is with Denver is that JDR likes to play the corners so far off on the receivers and he doesn't mix a lot of things up like Rex. Denver has the personnel to beat NE but the question with Denver will always be coaching . Greenbay can run on Seattle but will McCarthy stick to the run ? I doubt it and I don't think the Packers defense can hold up . The Lions have a good defense but I don't think Stafford has it in him to win in Seattle .

NE and Seattle would make an interesting match up if they get that far.

big advantage for NE is that gronk would force chancellor to cover him and that would open up a lot for Edelman and company underneath. I just don't know how your line would hold up against that pass rush. You would have to be patient running Blount and company. I give you guys the advantage though with Bill throwing a couple things Russells way he hasn't seen and forcing a turnover that might make the difference. Do you have anyone at lb that could shadow Wilson? He might be too athletic and if you have to use a safety that would open up lynch in the running game and possibly TE 1vs1 like we see tonight. Edited by dgambill

big advantage for NE is that gronk would force chancellor to cover him and that would open up a lot for Edelman and company underneath. I just don't know how your line would hold up against that pass rush. You would have to be patient running Blount and company. I give you guys the advantage though with Bill throwing a couple things Russells way he hasn't seen and forcing a turnover that might make the difference. Do you have anyone at lb that could shadow Wilson? He might be too athletic and if you have to use a safety that would open up lynch in the running game and possibly TE 1vs1 like we see tonight.

As with most SB s it will be about the trenches and at this time hard to figure. One week NE is fine at the Oline and others not.

Probably would have to go some fast passing as holding on to the ball would be disaster with Seattle's defense.

BB would probably shadow Wilson somewhat. But I would think Lynch is the one he wants to take out of the game or at least neutralize the big plays.

Excellent post . The key is can Dallas do it again if they face Seattle ? And for NE I think the Jets had a great blueprint on how to control the Pats offense and beat them . The problem is with Denver is that JDR likes to play the corners so far off on the receivers and he doesn't mix a lot of things up like Rex. Denver has the personnel to beat NE but the question with Denver will always be coaching . Greenbay can run on Seattle but will McCarthy stick to the run ? I doubt it and I don't think the Packers defense can hold up . The Lions have a good defense but I don't think Stafford has it in him to win in Seattle .

If you noticed the Buffalo Bills game and other games, it has been the defense that has held up lately for the Packers. They have the lateral speed to keep Russell Wilson in check. Their run D was bad at the beginning of the season, it has improved considerably now and that is why the Packers, more than anyone else, have a good shot to beat the Seahawks, IMO though they will have to be on their best to do so. If you think of the Packers as just a passing team, you are mistaken based on the last few games they have played.

If you noticed the Buffalo Bills game and other games, it has been the defense that has held up lately for the Packers. They have the lateral speed to keep Russell Wilson in check. Their run D was bad at the beginning of the season, it has improved considerably now and that is why the Packers, more than anyone else, have a good shot to beat the Seahawks, IMO though they will have to be on their best to do so. If you think of the Packers as just a passing team, you are mistaken based on the last few games they have played.

My only concern with Greenbay is the way they play on the road . The way Buffalo harassed Aaron Rodgers I can Seattle doing the same exact thing to them. Just like you mentioned Greenbay will have to be on their best to beat Seattle .