Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would You Support Bringing Rex Ryan in as DC?

Horseshoe

Would you support replacing Manusky with Rex Ryan if available?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support replacing Manusky with Rex Ryan?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would also help to bring in a few guys that could actually play defense.  Our ILBs are both mediocre at the very best.  Vontea and Adams are good players.  The rest of the DBs are average.  The D line and OLBs are decent but there's no real pass rush.  

It's not a horrible team on D, maybe a C rating.  But I have to wonder what they could do with a decent D coordinator.

If Irsay is "paying attention to what is happening" ...  he will get rid of Pags and HIRE RR or JImmy H as head coach... 

And I am serious...    I have seen enough..        of nothing..   

I think we can all agree, Pagano will still be most likely given at least another year. However, I purpose if Rex Ryan doesn't get a HC job , we replace Manusky with him. Thoughts? Any chance it happens? He will bring an much needed attitude for this defense.

I have played the game ...   I have watched it ALL my life.   

BAD football is the product of ...   BAD execution, BAD mental preparation, and complacency, I will add lack of talent last.      Because a HUGE heart wins a lot..  .      

The Colts are not a good football team.       The are horribly sloppy.        Just SLOPPY.      EVERYONE.    And it is not just ONE week this has been going on for how long?   

No blame but to the one in charge of dong he job..           Pretty simple.  

I think we can all agree, Pagano will still be most likely given at least another year. However, I purpose if Rex Ryan doesn't get a HC job , we replace Manusky with him. Thoughts? Any chance it happens? He will bring an much needed attitude for this defense.

first need a hc  to be smart hire a rex ryan ? pangano smart and do right thing ? rex ryan always had top 5 to 10 n defense in nfl . look how his team always play new england a low score games . reason rex loses he has sucky qb's.

The only thing stopping Ryan from being a great head coach is his cluelessness on offense. He has an amazing competetive fire and is an elite defensive mind. Hire him as the DC the moment the season ends.

pangano same as rex ryan  good dc . sucks at HC

I'd replace him with snoopy at this point.

No way we can afford snoopy. He has way to much $$$ in cartoon appearances, snoopy revenue at knottsberry farm, and far to short to see what's going on "on the field", it'll take a miracle to get him to agree to a contract. He'd likely want to bring in Woodstock as an assistant. This would be problematic because Woodstock can fly and could easily spy on the opponents play calling and books during game time.

I doubt any changes will be forced, but people are regularly talking about Pep becoming a head coach.  I love his system ideas and even the philosophy overall of our team, the problem is that we don't have the players to do the things they want to do.  How can you power run without a decent o-line or running back?  How can you be a shut down defense without playmakers throughout your D including serious pass rushers and monster middle linebackers? Building a team similar to Baltimore seems like their goal as far as the defense goes, but they don't have players in the vein of their successful lineups.  Adams has played at Pro Bowl level and Vontae as well (even though no one voted for him in the public) but the rest of the D are nobodies compared to the all-star and HOF level players Baltimore always had.  But if you COULD build that, and then ADD Luck and our TE's, WR and even a middle of the road Running Game, it would be Super Bowl ready.  But sadly we are a long ways away from all that.  And outside of Luck, we'd be fighting with TN and Jacksonville for last place and may find ourselves at the bottom.  

I know that we've let some really successful players walk out of our door without noticing their potential, so part of me wonders if perhaps they have the right idea, but not the right skills to pull it off, OR if the problem lies with Grigson in that he does hit some home runs, but he is striking out like a HR hitter as well and we don't have enough quality players to take a swing for the fences and hit it out once every 5 at bats or so.  

I bet at least some of the credit for Vontae and Adams great play is due to Pagano who specializes in those positions.  They were handed luck and frankly our two tight ends were also both easy choices.  The only real find that wasn't an obvious need and quality player on the board when our pick came due was TY and that was a home run.   Since then it's been far less clear that we are signing the right FA's and drafting the players we need to be the team they want us to be.  D that dominates and Power Run with a brilliant QB who can do about anything he wants with a few seconds of time and not having to scrape himself off the turf every play.  

So is it coaching, philosophy or personnel?  Perhaps it is just one and we can address that, OR if it is all of the above, then you'd have to clean house.  I have no idea what the answer is, but I know this: 

I think today was nothing that hasn't already been an issue all year.  

Terrible O-Line Play

Luck throwing INTs, (though I don't blame him as much as many others as he's getting pounded and half seem to be off the receivers tipping the ball

Defense Can't Stop The Run

Defense Can't Stop Top Wide Receivers/Quarterbacks

Team loses to Playoff Caliber Teams (and destroyed by SB caliber teams like NE and the surging Steelers) and beats up on our division and other bottom dwellers

No Running Game except when we're in control against weaker teams

Selfish Penalties at the worst moments to extend drives

Slow Starts like Luck will just overcome lousy play with is heroics so no biggie mentality. 

Not end of the world at all (as all those locked posts suggested), simply the State of the Colts Nation as has been the case for a while.  The difference this week as in the NE game and Pitt game is that all these common problems were exposed in the worst way all the same time in the same game.  

I am glad they took Luck out of the game to preserve his health.  They may need to do the same in the playoffs (though obviously they wouldn't) unless they solve most of the above in 2 weeks.  And I feel for those who play Fantasy Football and lost their Championship based on pulling luck, no hilton, drops by everyone (especially my tight end...yikes!) but that's just a GAME within a game.  Luck was getting his head tore off and they seemed to mostly call off the dogs once Hasselbeck came in). 

The good news?  Sometimes we manage to hide 3 or 4 of the above problems for a game (or more likely, a comeback half) and Luck pulls us out of it and he did it last year against KC.  But look, it's not end of the world crying when all of these problems have been debated here all year long.  It is what it is.  A collision of all our problems/weaknesses rearing their ugly head at one time. Other teams go through it too.  Even the vaunted Patriots got spanked by KC earlier.  It happens.  I am not sure these problems can be fixed in 2 weeks, but with Luck, nearly all things are in play, including 2 ints and not much else.  

I still cannot get over the fact this coach tried a fake punt on our 19 yard line on our second possession down 7 - 0.

Then down 28 - 0 at midfield...    3 minutes to go in the 3RD Q,,,,    PUNT?????

What a genius ..      A fake that could have WORKED in a meaningful game this team burns in a MEANINGLESS ONE.  

Why?   Why even bother if we are going to mail the EFFORT in?     Why RISK AL?     Davis?   Jones? 

I am really over this current staff.       Just nothing screams "outstanding" except ...    scores against bottom feeders  OPPONENTS.

And Cincy did not have EG GREEN when we played them;.

sigh.... 

I still cannot get over the fact this coach tried a fake punt on our 19 yard line on our second possession down 7 - 0.

What a genius ..      A fake that could have WORKED in a meaningful game this team burns in a MEANINGLESS ONE.  

You know, that is a GREAT point John.  We did waste what was a beautiful play design.