Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Baltimore vs houston

RockThatBlue

Would be best if we missed the playoffs. No seconday , lost both our offensive tackles, etc. they are 9-6 because of a favorable schedule , and smoke and mirrors. If they somehow back

Into the playoffs , it's one and done. They did some nice rebuilding this year, but need more pieces. They had their destiny in their hands, but blew it. You deserve no quarter when you do that. Not much more to add , it's over for 2014.

Would be best if we missed the playoffs. No seconday , lost both our offensive tackles, etc. they are 9-6 because of a favorable schedule , and smoke and mirrors. If they somehow back

Into the playoffs , it's one and done. They did some nice rebuilding this year, but need more pieces. They had their destiny in their hands, but blew it. You deserve no quarter when you do that. Not much more to add , it's over for 2014.

you talking about us or you guys lol. Exchange a few injured positions but imagine our fates in the playoffs would be the same.

you talking about us or you guys lol. Exchange a few injured positions but imagine our fates in the playoffs would be the same.

You guys at least have a division championship. Both teams have been very crippled by injuries. I'm not sure about you guys, but I think I know our fate, and it's not a good one. Injuries are part of the playoff picture, and they just did not work out for us. In 2012, we got guys back for the playoffs , but this year they keep dropping like flies. When you can't beat Houston's 4th string quarterback , it's time to fold up the tents.

You guys at least have a division championship. Both teams have been very crippled by injuries. I'm not sure about you guys, but I think I know our fate, and it's not a good one. Injuries are part of the playoff picture, and they just did not work out for us. In 2012, we got guys back for the playoffs , but this year they keep dropping like flies. When you can't beat Houston's 4th string quarterback , it's time to fold up the tents.

Well.. we barley beat them last week vs a QB that couldn't execute a handoff....

yeah you needed Flacco to step up big and it just didn't happen. What happened to Steve smith. Did he just realize how old he is all of a sudden? I really thought he was going to be a key for that offense. I know pita injury hurts but man after that fast start smith just disappeared.

Well.. we barley beat them last week vs a QB that couldn't execute a handoff....

yep. Houston will battle us next year if we don't protect Luck. Kid is taking way to many hits...no place to step into throws etc and causing turnovers and no running game. Our line is a mess.

yep. Houston will battle us next year if we don't protect Luck. Kid is taking way to many hits...no place to step into throws etc and causing turnovers and no running game. Our line is a mess.

Yeah I saw some of the second quarter of that game and the rest of it after...I couldn't believe how often he got hit. It seemed like it happened at least every other play. The Colts should address offensive line for sure in the Draft or plan to spend more big bucks in FA.

yeah you needed Flacco to step up big and it just didn't happen. What happened to Steve smith. Did he just realize how old he is all of a sudden? I really thought he was going to be a key for that offense. I know pita injury hurts but man after that fast start smith just disappeared.

Yes, you would expect more . When the offensive line struggles, and he has no running game, he is not a Brady or Manning type that can bail you out. Smith is looking old at the end of the season.

Yes, you would expect more . When the offensive line struggles, and he has no running game, he is not a Brady or Manning type that can bail you out. Smith is looking old at the end of the season.

Do you think Joe was not as committed this year? I remember you saying he took the off-season off to be with his family. Do you think that has shown in his play or do you more blame the team around him? I know it has been a struggle all year on both sides.

Do you think Joe was not as committed this year? I remember you saying he took the off-season off to be with his family. Do you think that has shown in his play or do you more blame the team around him? I know it has been a struggle all year on both sides.

I don't think it is that simple. I think most of Baltimores issues stem from injuries in their secondary and on the OL. They just don't have the horses that can keep up week after week to cover up those areas. Sure a game here and there but its very hard to be consistant with so many injuries because your relying on reserves in so many key areas. As he said Joe just isn't equiped to carry a team on his shoulders game after game the way a Brees, Brady, Manning, Rodgers can. I do think if Joe wants to take that next step up to reach those guys he is going to have to put in a ton of work and perhaps he could get to that level...he is talented but to be elite you have to do be really special to get there. All in all though he is a good qb though....certainly a better contract than say Cutler, Kapernick, or like Dalton.

I don't think it is that simple. I think most of Baltimores issues stem from injuries in their secondary and on the OL. They just don't have the horses that can keep up week after week to cover up those areas. Sure a game here and there but its very hard to be consistant with so many injuries because your relying on reserves in so many key areas. As he said Joe just isn't equiped to carry a team on his shoulders game after game the way a Brees, Brady, Manning, Rodgers can. I do think if Joe wants to take that next step up to reach those guys he is going to have to put in a ton of work and perhaps he could get to that level...he is talented but to be elite you have to do be really special to get there. All in all though he is a good qb though....certainly a better contract than say Cutler, Kapernick, or like Dalton.

I agree with all that. I was more wondering from the Crow if he saw in a difference in Joe and his commitment now that he is a champion and got the monster contract. His numbers are on par for what they have been most of his career.

I agree with all that. I was more wondering from the Crow if he saw in a difference in Joe and his commitment now that he is a champion and got the monster contract. His numbers are on par for what they have been most of his career.

I agree. I think more would be expected of him....but he hasn't got better really. I think what NFL personel is seeing out there is that they are giving these big second contracts to these young qbs thinking they are going to make the leap to the Brady/Brees/Manning etc level and most are not. Dalton, Cutler, Flacco, Ryan, Newton, Kapernick, Sanchez, and Staffords haven't and aren't likely to make some kind of metamorphesus into some elite qb. The Brees, Brady, Mannings, Rivers, and Rothlisburgers are just not that common. They are those special guys that you see something special in and they have it inside that allows them to reach another level. I think there are a few out there that are making that transition like Rodgers, and those that probably will like the Wilson and Luck but there I think its more often the case that many of these guys just end up being paid more but never really improve to the level of elite....guys like Romo, Eli, Palmers...their numbers or performances don't really jump up or justify the money. Flacco I think is going to be one of those guys that is basically what he is. Solid....good...perhaps streaky but I doubt he is ever elite where he will carry a team. 

I think Joe is who he is. Put a good team around him, he does well. Beat up online , faltering running game at end of season, and bad and injured secondary were the biggest contributors. I think many in Baltimore would like to see Joe do more in the offseason with his receivers. I don't think he avoids extra work because he is comfortable , but he is just a family man. After we miss the playoffs by blowing late season games for a second year in a row, Bisciotti will ramp up the pressure. Count on it.

I think Joe is who he is. Put a good team around him, he does well. Beat up online , faltering running game at end of season, and bad and injured secondary were the biggest contributors. I think many in Baltimore would like to see Joe do more in the offseason with his receivers. I don't think he avoids extra work because he is comfortable , but he is just a family man. After we miss the playoffs by blowing late season games for a second year in a row, Bisciotti will ramp up the pressure. Count on it.

Did you see Ray Lewis last night after the game? I don't know what it is about the guy but I am glued to him every time he talks. I think he is a pretty good analyst. He was the only one that picked Cincy to win that game and he called out how they would do it, with the run.