Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

San Diego (+1) @ San Francisco (12-20-14)

oldunclemark

CBS - national - 8:25 EST

Mid 50s with a good chance of rain

SF (7-7) cant make the playoffs but San Diego (8-6) can if they win at SF and at KC (8-6) next week.

Chargers hold a tiebreaker over Baltimore (8-6) and Buffalo (8-6) since they have wins over both but they

probably lose a tiebreaker with Pittsburgh (9-5) on conference record. SD could need Denver and Pitt to both beat Cincy (9-4-1). I cant figure our all the possibilities but if the Chargers lose, they're out.

SF QB Colin Kaepernick (3,051 yards passing..16 TDs, 10 INTs) has 425 yards rushing on 90 carries.

RB Frank Gore (204 - 804 yards) and WR Anquan Boldin (74 - 920 yards) both may not play because ther whole team may not care anymore. SF offense has scored just 26 TDs all year. and they have a TOTAL of 83 points in the last 7 games.

SD QB Phillip Rivers 9326 of 482, 3,639 yards...27 TDs, 13 INTs hasn't practiced much of the week but surely will play. WR Keenan Allen is out but Malcolm Floyd 945, 777 yards) averages 17 yards a catch and TE Antonio

Gates (58 catches, 662 yards, 10 TDs) should be ready.

HB Ryan Mathews may be back off injury (ankle) and former Colt Donald Brown has 27 catches

as a 3rd down back. He was good last week. Chargers are coming off losses to New England (11-3)

and Denver (11-3)

over-under is 40 because the 49ers cant score much anymore.

I'd guess some SD fans will drive down the California coast and fill some of the (sure to be) empty seats

I don't know why SF is favored. SD is beat up but they should win

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'Q'

Is San Diego vs. San Francisco a rivalry game?

I wasn't aware of that.

Seriously. I wasn't.

Well probably not a rivalry in the sense that they hate each other but both teams have been around for a long time, and they are both in the same state, so I guess an intrastate rivalry is what I was getting at.

This is a rivalry game, so the 49ers may come with extra motivation to play spoiler. Add that to Philip Rivers and his back problem and I think it spells bad news for the Chargers.

Nah... no major rivalry here - yeah they slaughtered us in the one Superbowl we got into but that's long, long ago.  We don't play them often enough for a rivalry to really develop and unlike AFC teams they don't generally stand in the way of us moving into or through the playoffs.

Ryan Matthews out again for SD

That comes as no surprise to us - we pretty much knew he wouldn't be in for this game and perhaps even the next.  I think they're not going to risk him just in case we do make the playoffs and he can come in fresh and make a big difference.  Rough year for Ryan and it's his contract year.  

A lot of San Diego fans want to let him go but his rookie contract option is only 3.3 mill.  I just think we need to draft or secure another #1 back and perhaps have a 2 back rotation.  Not sure exactly but he's a quality player when he is healthy... that's the problem..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• It is fact. You do understand where the money to pay player salaries and such comes from right? I mean it’s right there in the CBA…   the league basically places the money in an escrow account every year directly from the league, which is a portion of the revenue set aside for player salaries from the leagues various sources(tv deals for example). It never touches the owners pockets first.  Jim Irsay could have only 10 cents in his account and it wouldn’t matter when it comes to player salaries.  yes, guaranteed monies and such have to be put in upfront but if you read the fine print, that money is basically reimbursed the to the team the year it’s paid out. So 2025 guarantees would be paid back to the team in 2025 from the player salaries fund.    and yes, I’ve linked it every year for the past 5-6 years. Ever since the beginning of the Ballard era, which seems to be when this notion of Irsay not having cash for this or that came up as a rationale for not signing big name FA. It’s not though when one actually looks up how that all works. 
    • Looking at OTC now.  Seems like we may have around 10-12M cap space left to go after players in FA.  Do the Colts sign I player or break it down to a few small signings.  Still seeing who is available and limited on time.  Still am high on WR Quez Watkins and seeing the Dolphins are also interested in him.  Watkins played under Shane and figured he would be one of his targets in FA.     Both SS, assuming Cross is the starter, but FS is main focus and probably in the draft.   Not sold one too many true FS from college and sure you seen prior post about how slow these CBs are and a move to FS probably best for their career in the NFL.  Especially Khyree Jackson who has a lot of the overall skill set of Cooper DeJean and might be a viable option later in the draft.     
    • I’d like Crossby!   I really like Mitchell, but I just don’t see more youth being a good thing for our CB room. Even if the Sneed thing is made up I still think we should go for a vet.    I hope we can get Cooper in the 2nd. I’d prefer a WR (or Bowers) at 15, but right now I think we’re looking at DE.    Powers-Johnson looks greats, but of all the things we could do I think OL is probably the least likely at 15.    Lots of needs. Safety is probably the biggest, but I don’t think any of them are worth the 15th overall. 
    • @Solid84   Still holding out hope we trade our R1P15 to LV for Maxx Crosby give them draft capital to move up for their QB.    If we sit at P15, draft CB Quinyon Mitchell.  Latest report seen was the Colts haven't even talked trade for Sneed.  False news, who knows, time will tell?    If Mitchell is gone before P15 then see a trade back and draft WLB Edgerrin Cooper or OL Jackson Powers-Johnson. 
    • I like it overall, but I don't think there's a snowballs chance in hell we're drafting Kinchens after his atrocious Combine. With a RAS of 2.27 he's not even a blip on Ballard's radar lol.
  • Members

• Colt Overseas

Colt Overseas 1,251

• jshipp23

jshipp23 454

• K-148

K-148 90

• csmopar

csmopar 15,971

• BlackTiger

BlackTiger 1,081

• w87r