Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All other things being equal, if you were a DC...

DalTXColtsFan

I say stopping a good rushing attack

Trying to stop a run game period. So demoralizing and a slow methodical death when you can't stop the run. It's such a team effort to stop the run, one weak link and you are exposed

Passing attacks, game can change on one jumped route or miscommunication between QB and WR/TE. Plus you can be way more diverse in your schemes to limit a passing attack

Definately the rushing attack, it gases the d which makes it even worse further on towards the end of the game, then its that slow bleed you can't stop like Htown was saying.

When the D is on the field early i'm alot more confident because I know our Secondary (when healthy) can play lights out, Vontae and Adams (Indy's new Ball Hawk) get their hands on the ball alot.  It may not always be interceptions but they are drive killers!

Passing by far. It's always a threat to gain mega yardage, while rushing nowadays is mostly just a ploy used to keep the defense honest. You can't win in today's league by running and stopping the run; you win by pressuring the QBs, which in turn limits the pass.

You lost me now

Lol...you're killing me!

My exaggerated view...lol

You (post #2):  Run brah...running teams are the best!!!!  Like Billy D says.."works every time"

Me (the hero in this story)  No way dude...we haven't run well since edge....Peyton then Luck FTW!

You (post #8):  well yeah, no one said running is better than passing...I'm just saying running is better than passing!  See post 2.

Me:  :)

Lol...you're killing me!

My exaggerated view...lol

You (post #2): Run brah...running teams are the best!!!! Like Billy D says.."works every time"

Me (the hero in this story) No way dude...we haven't run well since edge....Peyton then Luck FTW!

You (post #8): well yeah, no one said running is better than passing...I'm just saying running is better than passing! See post 2.

Me: :)

Lol rookies.

The OP question was which do you think is tougher for a Defensive Coordinator to deal with, not which is the best offensive approach

And my answer and reason is in my first post. Post #2 as you call it.

Problem...How am I supposed to think all things are being equal when it comes to this when I know they aren't?

Very true.  It seems a lot easier to stop a running attack like Houston's whose #1 receiving threat is on the sideline and whose QB is a #3 rookie than to stop a rushing attack like NE or Dallas where if you load up the box to stop the back you get killed by Brady/Gronk/Lafell or Romo/Witten/Bryant.

...which would give you more fits, trying to stop the Cowboys running attack or trying to stop the Colts' passing attack?

In an almost meaningless game like this one, I hope they sell out against the run. Let the DBs play man, even if Vontea doesn't play. Use multiple blitz packages.

That's what I hope. What I expect is a bland base D with little or no game planning.

I make an honest effort to never post negative comments.. but if Vontae does not play Dez is going to destroy our secondary, it wont be pretty

I'm not optimistic either, but people said the same thing about Josh Gordon. Two catches, 15 yards. Let's wait and see...