Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cowboys Fans Seemingly Lack Urgency

nburgmei

This is just an anecdotal observation that I've made. I've got DeMarco Murray on my fantasy team so I've been paying attention to his situation. One of the things that has struck me is how many Cowboys' fans, what to me seems like a large majority, are just saying, "Let Murray sit. It'll be alright. Randle and Dunbar will be fine."

This strikes me as odd given their precarious playoff situation. They'd rather start two unproven backs than their league-leading star? I know the Colts aren't exactly stellar against the run, but this seems like crazy talk to me. They're all very confident in their o-line, as they should be, but I wouldn't want to rest our season on the shoulders of unproven rookies. There really just doesn't seem to be any level of "freak out" like I'd normally expect if a team was close to elimination and are possibly losing 38% of their offense. Is there something I'm missing? 

On the reality plus side, no Murray means he won't be running over our defense all day so...silver lining. 

Just fans being over confident. Just like fans who go onto full on panic mode after every loss. I'd be willing to bet more then half don't even know the playoff scenario regarding there team, They just know there record is good. The same thing happens on this board, Not a big deal

the o line wasnt that great in run game when free went out injured and now him and martin have missed the whole week of practice if they dont play dont think run game will be same martins been really good on the line so will be big miss playing murray without them will not help him especially not at 100% id rest him. some of there fans are really over confident some of the comments have read are crazy theres some decent comments seen quite a few of there fans said should blow us out but suppose get them fans every were u go

With their offensive line I wouldn't think it would matter anyways. Murray is a good back, but I don't believe for a second that the line doesn't have a significant impact on his success. Trent could  get going behind that line. 

I'd like to believe that about Trent too Derakynn, but honestly, I have my doubts. I'd love to be proven wrong though. 

Were talking about Cowboys fans. Their behavior is always perplexing since I been on this Earth minus the early 90's

Even an alien who crash landed on this blue planet & learned the X's & O's of the NFL would go "Why would anyone support this team? I thought the objective was to win SBs not dust off ancient Lombardi trophies?"

Man, I love mocking the Cowboys. It never gets old no matter how much time passes by. Yes, they are decent this year. That's the closest thing to a complement I will ever give that team BTW.  

What they do not realize is that quick decisions while in traffic that DeMarco Murray makes for his cuts are not the same decisions that a Joseph Randle or Dunbar might make. Creating a lane for an RB is one thing, waiting for it to develop and making quick cuts once he hits the hole is still a big part of the RB repertoire. I guess those Cowboys fans don't get that part.

If we gang up on the run and force them to throw, the 3rd down plays fall right into our strengths, IMO, that is where our D will make its statement. Romo gets manageable third downs. Once you make them less manageable, you have changed the equation.

I also think the Cowboys, given how well they have played on the road, play a little tighter at home than on the road because the weight of expectations seem to bother them more at home.