Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cowboys will be a great test since the Pats...

bap1331

Theyre a high scoring team with a really good run game. I think they can keep up with any team like the Broncos and Patriots but the defense is iffy. There is no doubt we will have to face the Patriots on the road to the Super bowl (if we make it that far) but this will give us a great preparation for that. Especially playing away. Plus, i think that the Jets will try to take out alot of anger this game with Rex Ryans last game with the Pats. And the Broncos playing iffy. We may still have a chance at home field and first round bye!

Go Colts!

Theyre a high scoring team with a really good run game. I think they can keep up with any team like the Broncos and Patriots but the defense is iffy. There is no doubt we will have to face the Patriots on the road to the Super bowl (if we make it that far) but this will give us a great preparation for that. Especially playing away. Plus, i think that the Jets will try to take out alot of anger this game with Rex Ryans last game with the Pats. And the Broncos playing iffy. We may still have a chance at home field and first round bye!

Go Colts!

Broncos arent dropping 2 in a row

A chance but not likely either the Pats or Broncos lose out

I think we can win in Denver. We don't want any part of Foxboro.

We need someone to take out the Pats Pittsburg seems like the best team to do that. We get a rematch with Pitt at home boom super bowl

Go Colts!

A chance, but a slim one.  It shouldn't matter though, we should want to beat the best as they say.

My angst this Sunday is that they'll play a conservative, vanilla game.  There's really nothing on the line for us.  A third seed is the same as a fourth. 

The Boys need the game and we don't.  So we'll see if Pagano means it when he says we're going to play to win.  Polian always said it but they didn't really mean it.

Completely embarrass and out play us the same exact way they did in the playoffs, proving we aren't good enough to beat them yet.

Good answer. The Cowboys looked unbeatable last week. They got help by a bungled kick off return right from the start but Romo looked real good and as much as I hate to admit it the Cowboys look real tough. As stated above, they have a great OL and I think one of our big weaknesses is DL so it could be a tough game to watch.

Good morning Colts fans! Cowboy fan here and i come in peace. 

As the Season goes on, i tend to go on the opposing teams message board just to get a feel of the fans opinions of their team, our team, and the up coming game. As you can imagine in a division with Redskins, Eagles, and Giants...that the opposing fans tend to be hostile and talking a massive amount of junk. Cowboy fan really does have to deal with some pretty bad fan bases lol

With that being said, reading your board has been a breath of fresh air. fans here seem to respectful and intelligent...which is CLEARLY a shock to my system LOL Enough that i wanted to join to tell you that much

I'm looking forward to/NOT looking forward to the upcoming game lol. Luck and that offense are going to be tough on our secondary....just as i think Romo and our offense will be tough on yours. My fellow fan is torn on if this will be a slightly easier, or slightly tougher game than the Eagles one we just played....and i think it'll be a tougher one. good luck all

Good morning Colts fans! Cowboy fan here and i come in peace.

As the Season goes on, i tend to go on the opposing teams message board just to get a feel of the fans opinions of their team, our team, and the up coming game. As you can imagine in a division with Redskins, Eagles, and Giants...that the opposing fans tend to be hostile and talking a massive amount of junk. Cowboy fan really does have to deal with some pretty bad fan bases lol

With that being said, reading your board has been a breath of fresh air. fans here seem to respectful and intelligent...which is CLEARLY a shock to my system LOL Enough that i wanted to join to tell you that much

I'm looking forward to/NOT looking forward to the upcoming game lol. Luck and that offense are going to be tough on our secondary....just as i think Romo and our offense will be tough on yours. My fellow fan is torn on if this will be a slightly easier, or slightly tougher game than the Eagles one we just played....and i think it'll be a tougher one. good luck all

Welcome. And I agree with you, I think it's going to be an offensive shootout with the team who limits the turnovers winning and its likely to come down to the last drive in the last minute. Just got a feeling this will be abother cardiac colt game

Welcome. And I agree with you, I think it's going to be an offensive shootout with the team who limits the turnovers winning and its likely to come down to the last drive in the last minute. Just got a feeling this will be abother cardiac colt game

If Doug Free and Zack Martin (cowboys right side O Line) are fairly healthy and play well...it could be a long day for the Colts Defense on the T.O.P side. Everyone knows the cowboys game plan coming in to the game. It's the same going into every game. pound the rock until the defense commits to stopping the run and then hit Dez, Beasly, and Witten in single coverage. It's tough to stop if we are successful in any way running the ball.

Also Randle (who will most likely start if Murray does not) can be a home run hitter and is a better back then most people realize. 

I don't like some of the comments I read on that message board of theirs.  These guys really think they are going to hand it to us. No way, No way, No way! They are just not familiar with the Colts.

fair enough. of course....some of your fans think YOU are just gonna hand it to US. :)

Why is it i can only make 2 more posts? LOL

fair enough. of course....some of your fans think YOU are just gonna hand it to US. :)

Why is it i can only make 2 more posts? LOL

I don't think so.  Everyone in this thread has been somewhat reserved about this game, we think it's a winnable game but no one has gone so far as to say we are going to punch Dallas in the mouth and win by double digits.  Then going so far as to say they will be embarrased if it doesn't happen.  They just don't sound too familiar with the Colts.  Dallas will find out on Sunday.

I don't think so.  Everyone in this thread has been somewhat reserved about this game, we think it's a winnable game but no one has gone so far as to say we are going to punch Dallas in the mouth and win by double digits.  Then going so far as to say they will be embarrassed if it doesn't happen.  They just don't sound too familiar with the Colts.  Dallas will find out on Sunday.

you gotta cut us some slack here. this is the first time we've had a winning team in half a decade. we have no idea how to deal with it LOL. The cowboy fan base is a LARGE one...and with every large group, you have to expect a few....odd balls. :D

Some of those jerks on that forum even go so far as to say the Eagles offense is better than our?  On what planet?

There's also a whole thread discussing how you are better than the Eagles. 

see: 

I've been seeing some posts where people think the Colts don't have much of a defense.  This just isn't correct.  There defense is nothing to be taken lightly and most of us already know about the offense.  Here are the rankings to compare with who we just played.

TOTAL DEFENSE  Colts 15   Eagles 27

RUN DEFENSE      Colts 17   Eagles 18

PASS DEFENSE    Colts 19   Eagles 28

TOTAL OFFENSE Colts 3      Eagles 5

RUN OFFENSE      Colts 17   Eagles 8

PASS OFFENSE    Colts 1     Eagles 7

This is more than a little concerning since Philly was able to almost shut down our run game.  It looks like we should use a similiar game plan as we used to beat Philly, but they have a much better pass defense.  We must keep the ball out of Luck's hands.

The funny thing is the Eagles beat the Colts earlier this year.

as i said...as a cowboys fan, you just have to understand that you're going to get a large difference in opinions 

There's really nothing on the line for us.  A third seed is the same as a fourth.

Totally, completely and in all other ways wrong.  As the 3rd seed we get the worse of the 2 wild card teams.  Also, if we finish #3 most likely Pitt finishes #4 and NE finishes #1.  Pitt is the team that has the best chance of knocking off NE in Foxboro - that happens and the AFCCG is in Indy (remember the year 2006?  #3 was pretty *(#@(#@ valuable back then wasn't it?).

I said before the start of the season the Colts would probably lose this game, because the Cowboys are fighting for their playoff lives and Colts would be satisfied with there divisional championship.  I get that it's not the way it really works, but Cowboys are playing a MUST WIN game, and they're actually a GOOD team this year!  Indy doesn't have much to play for, and it's a road game.  Considering all of that I think it could be a very close game or the Cowboys run away with it.  Either way, they need it alot more than we do!  I won't feel bad one bit if we lose.  I just want the Colts to minimize mistakes (penalties & turnovers) and not have any injuries.

Totally, completely and in all other ways wrong.  As the 3rd seed we get the worse of the 2 wild card teams.  Also, if we finish #3 most likely Pitt finishes #4 and NE finishes #1.  Pitt is the team that has the best chance of knocking off NE in Foxboro - that happens and the AFCCG is in Indy (remember the year 2006?  #3 was pretty *(#@(#@ valuable back then wasn't it?).

I see your logic, but I really don't think it will matter.  If we finish 3rd or 4th we will have to bring our A games to beat either Denver or NE.  If we do, then it is possible to beat either of them.  On the other hand, I don't think Pittsburg has what it takes this year to knock off the Pats.  Anything can happen though, but it would definitely be better to be the #3 seed for that reason.  If Pittsburg did somehow squeak it out in Foxboro, and we did the same in Denver, then we would play the Steelers at home.  Very unlikely for both 1&2 go out in the divisional round though.

Cowboys are good all around (on offense) so this will be a great test for our Defense......especially playing in Jerry's house. 

We have a chance if our Offfense kicks it in gear and doesn't sputter like the last few weeks. Their defense is suspect, so this is as good a chance as any to get back into a rhythm. 

you gotta cut us some slack here. this is the first time we've had a winning team in half a decade. we have no idea how to deal with it LOL. The cowboy fan base is a LARGE one...and with every large group, you have to expect a few....odd balls. :D

There's also a whole thread discussing how you are better than the Eagles. 

see: 

as i said...as a cowboys fan, you just have to understand that you're going to get a large difference in opinions 

Oh I saw that thread but the majority of the comments after the thread were mostly arrogance or many attempts to discredit the stats.

Sorry, you're totally and completely wrong if you think we need to pick the weaker teams to make it to the SB.  It's simple, we have a home game and then an away game.  We're going against playoff teams in both games.

There are too many assumptions that have to be made after that.

I'm with you in that I want the Pats to get beat, but I always want them to get beat no matter who they're playing.  Not so we can avoid them.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, December 18, 2014 - trolling
Hidden by Superman, December 18, 2014 - trolling

clearly baiting. let's see if you get banned for it this time

What? OK they are both great teams with unbelievable QB's. I'm not apposed to lying if it makes you feel better.

It should be a good game. They are on par with each other.

When a team has beaten you three straight times and has scored 40+ in each of those games, it's impossible to give them "too much" credit

Everything that's been "credited" to them has been earned

The beatings the Colts got in 2012 and 2013 are irrelevant.

The Patriots aren't unbeatable. With a little bit of Luck, (No pun intended) anything can happen.

I wasn't implying that we would beat the Pats. I'm just saying that they are beatable.

Brady didnt play all that well last time we faced them. If we can stop that power running game maybe we can win.

Oh I saw that thread but the majority of the comments after the thread were mostly arrogance or many attempts to discredit the stats.

so....you expect the cowboys fans to sit around, shake in their boots, and talk about how good you are and how impossible the game will be? how odd lol

i also saw someone recently say "Dallas is not that great at pass blocking in obvious passing downs." which i find ironic...because it was YOU that said it and it's actually attempting to discredit facts LOL :D. Romo is repeatedly given 4-8 second pockets to throw out of...and because of that the cowboys are 2nd in the league in completion percentage and averaging a league tying high of 8.2 yards per pass attempt. 

last post allowed of the day :(

A chance but not likely either the Pats or Broncos lose out

I think we can win in Denver. We don't want any part of Foxboro.

We need someone to take out the Pats Pittsburg seems like the best team to do that. We get a rematch with Pitt at home boom super bowl

Not wanting any part of Foxboro will not do any good. If the Colts do get hot they have to beat anyone lined up. We don't need the mindset of being scared of any team anywhere. I know it's the fans who think this way but hopefully the players don't.

so....you expect the cowboys fans to sit around, shake in their boots, and talk about how good you are and how impossible the game will be? how odd lol

i also saw someone recently say "Dallas is not that great at pass blocking in obvious passing downs." which i find ironic...because it was YOU that said it and it's actually attempting to discredit facts LOL :D. Romo is repeatedly given 4-8 second pockets to throw out of...and because of that the cowboys are 2nd in the league in completion percentage and averaging a league tying high of 8.2 yards per pass attempt. 

I certainly did say they are not good in obvious passing downs because I saw the Eagles randomly sacking and pressuring romo with relative ease in both games.  Eagles pressure the passer similar to the way the Colts go about things so I figured and still figure we will get some pressure on Romo.   I didn't use any stats to skew anything, I used 2 recent games I saw with my own eyes to make the determination.  I know for a fact the Eagles were not pressuring the Colts like what I saw them doing to the Cowboys.

I expect the Cowboys fans to be whoever they are on their forum, but to me some of the talk lacked a level of respect for where the Colts stand right now and what kind of team we really are.   Colts are always in the playoffs, but the fan base here doesn't have a real strong arrogance against the Cowboys.  We understand this to be a good opponent.  

Make sure you hit 5 tomorrow. Then you can post freely.

Go Colts!

If Geno Smith and Michael Vick are your quarterbacks, you have other things to be angry about besides Rex Ryan's situation.