Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

how far?

OLD FAN MAN

I think we are a year away from the Super Bowl. I'm going to guess our ceiling this year is the AFC Championship, which i wouldn't be mad about if we made there and lost. I think we win our wild card game at home, and depending on our opponent (NE or Denver), I think we have a shot at an upset. Peyton seems off his game and we may be able to go into Denver and win. I do think we lose to NE in the AFC Championship though. If NE loses to a Cinci or Baltimore though in the divisional round, that could be the one way we make the Super Bowl.

OL OL bah!  IMO it depends on turnovers - if we turnover the ball like we have been we are one and done.  If on the other hand we take care of the ball we might win 1,2, or more....

Just because a defender occasionally gets through the OL doesn't mean we have to get sloppy with the ball!

OL OL bah!  IMO it depends on turnovers - if we turnover the ball like we have been we are one and done.  If on the other hand we take care of the ball we might win 1,2, or more....

Just because a defender occasionally gets through the OL doesn't mean we have to get sloppy with the ball!

I agree for the most part. The team who wins the turnover battle, especially in the playoffs, typically wins the game. But I will also say that bad OL play leads to turnovers more than anything else.

OL OL bah! IMO it depends on turnovers - if we turnover the ball like we have been we are one and done. If on the other hand we take care of the ball we might win 1,2, or more....

The patriots turn the ball over more than the colts in the NE-IND game. Indy lost by 20+......

I think the defense will play surprisingly well in the postseason.  I think it will come down to the run blocking of the O line, and Andrews mistakes.  I absolutely LOVE the advice Hasselbeck gave him before the game winning drive @Cleveland.  "We don't need a homerun"!  I feel Andrew tries to do too much at times, and has turnovers due to that.  He has been able to play with the poor pass protection, and still has got the job done.  However, we will need to establish a run game.  That is the most important thing in the playoffs, besides turnovers.  If the middle is getting blown up and our backs are getting hit in the backfield, we stand no chance.  If we can create some holes and allow Trent and Boom to have running lanes and not have to "create for themselves", I think this team could win the Super Bowl. 

I think the defense will play surprisingly well in the postseason.  I think it will come down to the run blocking of the O line, and Andrews mistakes.  I absolutely LOVE the advice Hasselbeck gave him before the game winning drive @Cleveland.  "We don't need a homerun"!  I feel Andrew tries to do too much at times, and has turnovers due to that.  He has been able to play with the poor pass protection, and still has got the job done.  However, we will need to establish a run game.  That is the most important thing in the playoffs, besides turnovers.  If the middle is getting blown up and our backs are getting hit in the backfield, we stand no chance.  If we can create some holes and allow Trent and Boom to have running lanes and not have to "create for themselves", I think this team could win the Super Bowl. 

is he trying to do too much or is he just prone to turnovers? some of the picks & pick-6's are head-scratchers.

is he trying to do too much or is he just prone to turnovers? some of the picks & pick-6's are head-scratchers.

Yes, some of his mistakes have me screaming and scratching my head.I think most of them are because he tries to do too much.  Sometimes balls do get tipped and picked, but it seems like he rarely over/under (by alot) throws for a pick.  It is usually when he is trying to avoid a sack or trying to turn nothing into something.  I'm mainly talking about the bonehead mistakes he has when we are backed up in our territory though.  Points directly off turnovers.   Most of these are avoidable if he makes better decisions. 

Hes throwing 40+ times a game.. any qb has turnovers if their averaging 40+ attempts per game.. teams that play us literally never have to play or worry about the run. They just sit back and wait for the mistakes to come.

I think if the team plays a solid game this weekend, gets the offense back on track and the D can shut down Dallas' offense then the Colts have a shot to make it to the AFCCG.

If not, and the Colts lose or struggle to win, then the Colts will lose early on, maybe even in the wild card round...

This team, for some reason, still plays waaaaay too inconsistent to really be a superbowl caliber team.

O-line is an issue but we are not patient with running game. We seem to abandon it very early in games. I was at last week's game and the last drive we had for FG was largely a drive with us running the ball  quite well. I think that some of Luck's issues will disappear if we would run the ball a bit more. Herron looked good and I think Trent needs to get more touches. He never seems to develop a rhythm in the offensive set. He did make a few nice runs last week and one very nice catch for a 16 year gain.

One area that has really disappointed me is that our attempts at screeens has been awful. They usually net us little in gains and quite often negative yards. Colts might try and do more dumps to back to get 5-6 yard pick ups.

imo how far we go in the playoffs, depends on the o-line, comments?

Depends on the opponent and if we play here or there, actually. 

Go into Foxboro =  1 and done. 

KC comes here, we might win.

We're a good team, but not great. We're not SB quality unless the road were paved for us with lofty circumstance.