Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Philip Rivers hasn't practiced for two days

Girlzarefanstoo

The last time that happened was the 07 playoff game the week after he played against the Colts.  That was also the week he had surgery and played without an ACL.

He's a tough guy, and he's says "no biggie," about missing the practices.  Those of us who watch him week in and week out have known there's an issue.  I guess we'll only know when the season is over (if even then).

No update from Antonio Gates this time on how Philip Rivers is. With laugh: "If I say something, it'll be on SportsCenter, bro."

As to what Rivers himself says:

Philip Rivers: "I hate not practicing, but I think at some point you've got to do what's best for me and the team. Practicing today wouldn't have been beneficial moving toward Saturday." Added: "At this point," has "no doubt" he'll play.

CRUD

To be honest, the way the Chargers' D has been playing and the way the 49ers' O has been playing, this is a winnable game if Rivers plays.

With Borland sidelined and McDonald not there anymore, the Chargers should be able to move the ball on the 49ers. Gates should see production.

who cares, i hate this guy's ego ! 

Then you are completely ignorant about him or ill informed.  You certainly don't have to like him, but the man has no ego.  He's a competitor.  He's fiesty on the field.  He's very confident and yet very humble.  He builds up his team mates and takes the blame when things don't go right.  He has ZERO ego.  

Rivers practiced today.  Our D contained Russell Wilson really well, if they game plan the same way against SF and remove the scramble, we've got a good shot.  We're really going to miss our top two offensive contributors: Ryan Mathews and Keenan Allen.    

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/dec/18/chargers-philip-rivers-practice-injury/

Rivers practiced today.  Our D contained Russell Wilson really well, if they game plan the same way against SF and remove the scramble, we've got a good shot.  We're really going to miss our top two offensive contributors: Ryan Mathews and Keenan Allen.    

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/dec/18/chargers-philip-rivers-practice-injury/

It is Antonio Gates' time for multiple TDs for my FF team :). Maybe, unlike other games, he will get yardage too this game.

The injury, what ever it is, happened right at the end of the 5 game winning streak where he was playing at a record setting level.  No qb in history played a better 5 game stretch of qb ratings.  Without knowing what was happening, we knew something was up.  His throwing motion was off and his accuracy was as well.  Rivers may pull the trigger on a too dangerous pass, but he doesn't inaccurately throw the ball.

A few weeks ago, Gates let it out of the bag telling the press that Rivers was dealing with a serious rib injury.  Of course that got walked back.

My understanding is it's a back and rib issue.  Which explains why he has looked stiff in the pocket.   

Rivers is tough...he will show up to ball....I would be more worried about losing Keenan Allen....he seemed to be your best receiver outside of Gates of course. Granted he faces a lot of #1 corners but without him in there...the coverages will roll to even more to Gates. That and well the lack of run game hurts.

Rivers is tough...he will show up to ball....I would be more worried about losing Keenan Allen....he seemed to be your best receiver outside of Gates of course. Granted he faces a lot of #1 corners but without him in there...the coverages will roll to even more to Gates. That and well the lack of run game hurts.

^^^ YUP ^^^

I am not a Rivers or a Charger fan but I think your wrong. He plays with heart and don't run his mouth except for some trash talking on the field.

and talks the cleanest trash you've ever heard, LOL!  If you ever see the Philip Rivers Mic'd Up episode it's a crack up.  Seriously, "Goooolllly"  I think one was "That's how you kick some serious rear end."   I can't think of some of his other Riversisms but they're straight from the 50s

I am not a Rivers or a Charger fan but I think your wrong. He plays with heart and don't run his mouth except for some trash talking on the field.

Yeah, Phillip makes good decisions with the ball, beat Seattle in CA this season, & I miss the trash talking sessions between him & Jay Cutler back & forth from the sidelines in years past. 

and talks the cleanest trash you've ever heard, LOL!  If you ever see the Philip Rivers Mic'd Up episode it's a crack up.  Seriously, "Goooolllly"  I think one was "That's how you kick some serious rear end."   I can't think of some of his other Riversisms but they're straight from the 50s

indeed he is hilarious. It looks like he must be dropping f bombs but really he is like the Andy Griffith of the nfl. I heard many dang it's.

Philip Rivers is a gamer. When I knew that there was time left, I knew Philip would come through in some fashion. He always fights.

He gave my FF TE Gates 20 plus points in my FF championship game and thus I had a vested interest in rooting for him in this game I did not have any horses in. :)

Chad72, Gates had a great game, he's so clutch.  I'm going to cry really hard the day he finally retires his cleats.  Glad you won your FF!

Even after all that Rivers did, you'll notice he was the first to say his poor play put them in that position in the first place and put all the honor on his players.  Class guy.

Chad72, Gates had a great game, he's so clutch. I'm going to cry really hard the day he finally retires his cleats. Glad you won your FF!

Even after all that Rivers did, you'll notice he was the first to say his poor play put them in that position in the first place and put all the honor on his players. Class guy.

I noticed this as well.

Chad72, Gates had a great game, he's so clutch.  I'm going to cry really hard the day he finally retires his cleats.  Glad you won your FF!

Even after all that Rivers did, you'll notice he was the first to say his poor play put them in that position in the first place and put all the honor on his players.  Class guy.

I have not won yet. It won't be decided till MNF. I just got off to a good start with Antonio Gates :). My opponent has Gronkowski and Graham in his flex, so I needed to match something with my TE production.

I have not won yet. It won't be decided till MNF. I just got off to a good start with Antonio Gates :). My opponent has Gronkowski and Graham in his flex, so I needed to match something with my TE production.

Duh... if I'd have thought about it I would have realized that.  Good luck.  I don't do FF, not enough time in my real life day to add anything fantasy, LOL!

Woke up to this: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000446576/article/philip-rivers-playing-through-a-bulging-disc

The article says he's been playing with a bulging disc and playing through broken ribs.  I cannot imagine the concentration required to do that, let alone the physical pain tolerance levels.  Holy schnikeys!