Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Playoff Teams

TKnight24

Surprising given how many of the Media (before the Buffalo game anyway) had all but pencilled GB in for the Superbowl. Just shows how quickly things can change week to week in the NFL, something people might want to bear in mind vis a vis the Colts and the playoffs. Once you're in them... anything can happen.

Besides it's amazing how often the higher seeded teams, especially the number 1 seeds perform poorly in the post season. Last year was something of an outlier with both no.1 seeds making the Super Bowl, previous to that there seems to be slant to at least one W/C team making it through. 

Surprising given how many of the Media (before the Buffalo game anyway) had all but pencilled GB in for the Superbowl. Just shows how quickly things can change week to week in the NFL, something people might want to bear in mind vis a vis the Colts and the playoffs. Once you're in them... anything can happen.

Besides it's amazing how often the higher seeded teams, especially the number 1 seeds perform poorly in the post season. Last year was something of an outlier with both no.1 seeds making the Super Bowl, previous to that there seems to be slant to at least one W/C team making it through.

Speaking of which, when I looked last year there was a very high incidence of teams who played in the wild card round makin the super bowl in recent years

Posted · Hidden by SteelCityColt, December 17, 2014 - Double Post
Hidden by SteelCityColt, December 17, 2014 - Double Post

Speaking of which, when I looked last year there was a very high incidence of teams who played in the wild card round makin the super bowl in recent years

On the face of it it makes some logical sense in that one of the WC teams normally makes by coming from nowhere to win a run of games an the end of the season and hits the playoffs hot. 

On the face of it it makes some logical sense in that one of the WC teams normally makes by coming from nowhere to win a run of games an the end of the season and hits the playoffs hot. 

Very true. Any team that makes the playoffs has a fighters chance to make it to the super bowl. If my memory serves me I think the Raiders were the first wild card team to win a super bowl. Times sure do change.

This is the entire AFC based on current NFL playoff seeding.

1 Pats 4-1

2 Broncos 2-2

3 Colts. 2-4

4 Bengals 3-3

5 Steelers 3-2

6 Ravens. 2-4

Key Points:

1) After the Patriots, everyone else has faired pretty much equally against other playoff teams.

2) Despite criticism over their divisional schedule, the Colts have played 6 playoff teams. That is tied for #1 on the list. This Sunday they will play the Cowboys, the 7th playoff team of the year.

3) The Ravens and Bengals numbers were boosted with wins over the Saints. The Saints are 6-8, but are counted as a playoff team victory.