1. 1. Ray Rice to indy?

• yes
    • no
    • maybe

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I take away all of Lesean McCoys big runs last year he averages 3.5 YPC. 

If I take away all of Adrian Petersons long runs from last year away he averaged 3.0 YPC.

If I take away all of Jamaal Charles long runs from last year he averaged 3.5 YPC.

If I take away all of Donald Brown's big runs from last year away he averaged 3.4 YPC.

"muh bad oline tho" 

Difference being Donald Brown was getting 4-5 carries a game, not 25. Show me the season stats, lets see if Brown stacked up to those other guys... IF Donald Brown could have busted off big gains while picking up steady yards and being a dependable back that could carry that workload, then he'd still be on the team, TRich would be struggling in CLE and we wouldnt be having this conversation.

I can't believe I am saying this, but I would keep Richardson over Rice. No way you bring a guy like that in, even at his best I would say no, and he's pretty much washed up now.

:spit::lol:   I'v heard more positive feedback on this thread concerning T-Rich then anywhere on these boards over his Colts career & from you Modern this is a day we should all mark on our calender ..

I do agree he's not Indianapolis Colts material he'll end up a Raider IMO ..

Nada

Nyet

No

Or in some other languages

Abenaki (Maine USA, Montreal Canada) Nda

Abenaki (Maine USA, Montreal Canada) Ôda

Abun (Indonesia) Nde

Acateco (San Miguel Acatlán Guatemala) K'amaj

Acateco (San Miguel Acatlán Guatemala) C'am

Achí (Baja Verapaz Guatemala) N...taj

Achuar (Ecuador) Tsaa

Adyghe (NW Caucasus) Haw

Adyghe (NW Caucasus) Hawaa

Afar (Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti) Maley

Afrikaans (Southern Africa) Nee

Agua Caliente (California USA) Gai

Aguaruna (Peru) Atsá

Aguateco (Huehuetenango Guatemala) Ci

[Akan, see Asante and Fante]

Akha (Thailand) Mah nguh

Aklanon (Philippines) Indi

Alabamu (Texas USA) Ánkobi

Albanian (Albania, Yugoslavia) Jo

Alsacian (Alsace France) Ne

Altai (Russia) Jok

Alyawarr (Australia) Arangkwa

Alyawarr (Australia) -iyanga

Amharic (Ethiopia) Yelem

Amharic (Ethiopia) Aydelem

Amharic (Ethiopia) Aye

Amharic (Ethiopia) Ie

Ami (Australia) Way

Amis (Taiwan) Cuwa

Amuzgo (Oaxaca & Guerrero Mexico) Ti

Anindilyakwa (Australia) Nari

[Anishinaabe, see Ojibwe]

Anglo-Saxon (England) Na

Apache (Arizona USA) Dah

Apabhramsha (India) Ma

Apuchikwar (India) Poyeda

Arabic (Middle East, North Africa) Lay

Arabic (Middle East, North Africa) Laa

Arabic (Middle East, North Africa) La

Arabic (North Africa) Lela

[Arawak, see Taino]

Arberesh (Hora e Arbereshevet Italy) Jo

Arberesh (Sicily Italy) Jo

Ariti (Brazil) Maiçá

Armenian (Armenia, Russia, Middle East) Voch

Armenian [Eastern] (Armenia) Che

Aromunian (Greece, Balkans) Nu

Asante (Ghana) Daabí

Ashkun (Afghanistan) Ma

Assyrian (Iran, Iraq, Syria) La

Asturian (Spain) Non

Asturian (Spain) Nun

Atayal (Taiwan) Iyat

Ateso (Uganda) Mam

Auca (Ecuador) Ba

Auca (Ecuador) Wín

[Aukan, see Ndjuka]

Awa (Papua New Guinea) Ahq áho

Awa (Papua New Guinea) Aqa

Awakabal (Australia) Keawai

Aymará (Bolivia, Peru, Chile) Janiwa

Aymará (Bolivia, Peru, Chile) Janiw

Aymará (Bolivia, Peru, Chile) Jani

Aymará (Bolivia, Peru, Chile) Janixay

Aymará (Bolivia, Peru, Chile) Janixä

Ayticha Yokuts (California USA) Gatu

Azerbaijani (Azerbaijan, Iran) Yox

[Azeri, see Azerbaijani]

[Aztec, see Náhuatl]

Bagandji (Australia) Gila

Bagesu (Central Africa) Sinalubiri

Bagesu (Central Africa) Ah ah

If they did I would boycott

No you wouldn't and even if you would they would not know it.  Business is business, if he helps the team they should sign him.  If he doesn't then they shouldn't.  

There are plenty of Colts with questionable decisions on their record, same with every team.  Even our owner has shown poor judgement.  At what point to we give people a second chance, clearly everyone in his life has.

I would honestly stop being a fan of this time for awhile if that happened. It's one thing to serve your time, show remorse, and then come back like Vick did. But from the beginning Rice and his wife didn't seem to care about anything other than Rice being able to play football. They swept it under the rug and expected everyone else too. I can't respect that.

I don't think he should ever play in the league again because he doesn't really understand the seriousness of the situation.

Is it that, or was what was going on causing more harm? I was thinking about his now wife.  She gets knocked cold in a video that now everyone has seen over and over on TV and youtube.  Humiliating and painful.  Then her now husband loses his job.  I would see where they might this was a very bit thing for Ray to do, but for the people crying out for her, it wasn't helping the situation.  

No you wouldn't and even if you would they would not know it.  Business is business, if he helps the team they should sign him.  If he doesn't then they shouldn't.  

There are plenty of Colts with questionable decisions on their record, same with every team.  Even our owner has shown poor judgement.  At what point to we give people a second chance, clearly everyone in his life has.

He hit a woman he doesn't deserve a second chance at anything.

He also spit in her face twice on the video. That shows intent rather than him defending himself.

He's a punk. I can't believe people want to cheer for him.

Even if she did hit him first there's a drastic size difference. He's an NFL athlete, so unless she's using brass knuckles he's not going down.

Is it that, or was what was going on causing more harm? I was thinking about his now wife. She gets knocked cold in a video that now everyone has seen over and over on TV and youtube. Humiliating and painful. Then her now husband loses his job. I would see where they might this was a very bit thing for Ray to do, but for the people crying out for her, it wasn't helping the situation.

Still shocked she married him after all that

They should've gave her the NFL concussion protocol to see if she knocked something loose when she hit that elevator railing

In what world do you marry someone who knocked you unconscious & the whole world saw it?

Still shocked she married him after all that

They should've gave her the NFL concussion protocol to see if she knocked something loose when she hit that elevator railing

In what world do you marry someone who knocked you unconscious & the whole world saw it?

I'm not sure why any woman would, that being said I know some couples who have been in very violent relationships and for some reason they always end up back together.  Both parties involved are very violent, it's a match made in the bowels of what one could imagine as the darkest underworld.  Both parties have physically abused each other, talking about broken bones, but for some reason they keep getting back together and no matter how many times we tell her to just drop it, they continue to get back together.  I think they've literally split up a dozen times, still both very physical, violent and the authorities have been called multiple times. 

Love is sometimes a VERY terrible thing, especially if both parties are not very stable mentally. 

I think the media hoopla would be a stronger effect on the team than any future negativity Ray Rice would create on his own.  On the football field I actually believe he's a good team mate. He's been in the league for quite a while now and this is the only incident that I can ever say I've seen him be involved in, although I must attest it's a hugely negative incident.  

From all the info I have seen I don't think the Colts will be picking him up.  If they do I think Rice would not create any other incidents to hang himself by. The guys actions were indeed deplorable so he's got to live with it all.  Not only live with it, but learn from it and I think he will. From a locker room behavioral stand point I think Incognito has a greater chance to destroy our locker room than Ray Rice.

Maybe it's not so out of the question we would pick him up after me seeing this.  I still think it's sketchy though.

Rice has a strong relationship with Colts coach Chuck Pagano and is well liked by Colts players like Redding and Jones, who he's played with

Rice has a strong relationship with Colts coach Chuck Pagano and is well liked by Colts players like Redding and Jones, who he's played with

— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora)

November 28, 2014

I would honestly stop being a fan of this time for awhile if that happened. It's one thing to serve your time, show remorse, and then come back like Vick did. But from the beginning Rice and his wife didn't seem to care about anything other than Rice being able to play football. They swept it under the rug and expected everyone else too. I can't respect that.

I don't think he should ever play in the league again because he doesn't really understand the seriousness of the situation.

I don't see what Vick did that makes him better than Rice.. Just that he went to jail? "Remorse" is bull.

I'm not sure why any woman would, that being said I know some couples who have been in very violent relationships and for some reason they always end up back together.  Both parties involved are very violent, it's a match made in the bowels of what one could imagine as the darkest underworld.  Both parties have physically abused each other, talking about broken bones, but for some reason they keep getting back together and no matter how many times we tell her to just drop it, they continue to get back together.  I think they've literally split up a dozen times, still both very physical, violent and the authorities have been called multiple times. 

Love is sometimes a VERY terrible thing, especially if both parties are not very stable mentally. 

Humphrey Bogart and Mayo Methot and a boat named Sluggy.  Stayed married for 7 years.

She is probably a gold digger ........ Seeing if he lands another payday

I wouldn't have any problems with us signing Rice. I'm of the view that what happened was an isolated incident; a petty spat between a couple that quickly escalated thanks to the actions of both parties. She got in his face. He got in her face. Emotions took over. Ray Rice, caught up in the heat of the moment, did something without thinking about the consequences. We've all been there.

I fully believe Ray is a good guy who deserves a second chance. If he could return to his old form, or anything close to it, he'd be a huge upgrade over what we currently have healthy. Let's face reality: Trent Richardson blows.

The rotation we had with Richardson-Bradshaw-Herron.

Key word is 'had'

It's no secret that Bradshaw was our third down back and was our best blocker, and had a lot of success in the red zone, especially on short passing situations. Ray Rice can be that guy. Before Ahmad got hurt Boom Herron never even saw the field unless it was a blowout game. The less I see Richardson carrying the ball, the better. I'd be content with Rice and Herron sharing snaps.

If the Pacers could recover from the "Brawl", though it took some time, the Colts could withstand any backlash regarding a Rice signing.If people can get past the fact that Mr. Irsay is a party animal, they will get over any reservations they have about a Rice signing. It is only those who are intent on being self righteous that will continue to beat their drums and shake their sticks.

If Rice is in any shape to play at all this season, and its been reported that he is, I would be surprised if the Colts didnt snatch him up quickly. Given his relationships within the building, the leadership we have in the locker room and his on the field resume, hed be an exellent fit. No one would have scoffed if we could have aquired Rice in the pre season for Trent or even Bradshaw. We dont have to give up anything for him now. Its laughable that Colts would be interested in Ben Tate but not Rice. Is also laughable that some fans would rather ride it out with "Boom" Herron. I guess its the boom that attracts them.

Rice has been open about his actions from the start and has faced his punishment. Let the man move on with his life, hopefully with the Colts on the way to the Super Bowl.

As much as I like him as a player..we can't run block to save our lives. And if you remember a few years ago when rice had that terrible o-line, he looked like t-rich does here. So adding another good back to a line that can't run block doesn't seem like an impactful move.

If we did sign him, I won't complain. Good pass protector, great at catching out of the backfield. I just don't know if he helps the run game due to our line.

It would be an ENORMOUS Public relations disaster

Indy is a conservative city

It wouldn't be a fit

As much as I believe in 2nd chances... I agree with you, that this would be a public relations disaster, and the Colts have had enough of that.

Why not , he can always be traded for a 3rd or 4th draft choice, if it does not work out, and it is a short term fix. Several teams need backs, and he is not all dinged up late in season.

your dreaming to think the Colts would get a third or fourth round draft pick for him if it didn't work out. If it didn't workout the Colts would mostly likely have to release him or not re-sign him and get nothing for him.

It would be an ENORMOUS Public relations disaster

Indy is a conservative city

It wouldn't be a fit

agreed for the most part. The Colts have worked very hard to make indianapolis a football town and themselves the Kings of it and it even took IU firing Bob Knight and the brawl for the Pacers to make that happen. This is the kind of move that could easily undo all the work they have been doing for years. Rather it's true or not a large portion of the fanbase enjoys the perception that the Colts are a classy franchise (although I've always said that started and ended with Dungy) and signing Ray Rice right now will turn those people off.

From a football perspective I think the real problem is the line. Rice isn't going to fix that meaning his production would probably be limited to start with. Add into that he's an older running back who is coming off a lack luster year and might be n the downside of his career and I would pass on that alone. Add in the media circus that will be generated from signing him and the distraction it will cause then I see this as high risk little reward.