1. 1. Ray Rice to indy?

• yes
    • no
    • maybe

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the thing about Rice's offense is, it's not likely he'll reoffend. The big issue would be PR backlash, and I doubt any team will indulge Rice in 2014. 

Exactly. It's too soon. It's all made worse by the fact that the incident is on tape and accessible to anyone. It's one thing to hear about something, but another to see it. Had there been videos of Vick at dog fights and how bad they were, he may have never made it back into the NFL.

It would be PR suicide. Plus, unlike Vick Ray Rice won't serve any jail time. Not to mention his attitude during the whole ordeal has been terrible. Acting as if he was the one who was done wrong.

Bad O Line problems, Those numbers don't tell the whole story

But the tape in the elevator told the whole story. The Colts do not need a player who is a known abuser who used the victim as his witness. The Colts running game is doing just fine without having a player who brings a media circus with him.

But the tape in the elevator told the whole story. The Colts do not need a player who is a known abuser who used the victim as his witness. The Colts running game is doing just fine without having a player who brings a media circus with him.

That I agree with

• 4 weeks later...

With Bradshaw season in jeopardy and Richardson haven't prove much of his worth, the Colts should consider signing Ray Rice. With Coach Pagano connections with the Ravens, this seems like the perfect fit. Here a little article explaining the 5 reasons: http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/11/5_reasons_ray_rice_should_sign_with_the_indianapolis_colts_after_being_reinstated.html

I would consider boycotting the Colts if they did sign him.

I really don't understand the mindset of some fans.  I have made this comment about other players as well but if the Colts were to sign Ray Rice, I would stop being a Colts fan.

Everyone deserve second chances. even our owner got a second chance. 

Everyone deserve second chances. even our owner got a second chance. 

Three things...

1. no, not everyone deserves a second chance.

2.  Irsay does not own me therefore he is not "our owner".

3.  It's pretty stupid to try and compare a drug problem with a guy beating his wife.

Actually 4 things.

And if the Colts feel he deserves another chance then I don't have to support them.  That is my choice as a fan.

I'll add my resounding "No!" to everyone else here...

Right now Ray Rice is politically radioactive.   He's toxic.

And it's questionable how much tread is left on the tires.

We have to look elsewhere.....

That's not entirely true. I don't condone striking any woman, but if Michael Vick can come back from an illegal dogfighting ring & animal cruelty in this league, I don't think it's fair to say that Ray Rice is "toxic."

We are trying to find a back who can produce yards on the field. I'm not gonna hold 1 domestic dispute over Rice's head forever like he's the antichrist or something. I wouldn't sign him right now, but I'd bring him in for a workout just to see how he moves on the field & where his head is at psychologically. 

I wanna do whatever I have to to win & sometimes I'd take guys with legal mistakes who are determined to prove or re-prove themselves over a locker room of swell, choir boys who can't close the deal & win changing of the guard statement games. I am not slamming any Colts players from sunday night BTW; I'm just saying a few guys with checkered pasts can be a valuable asset when they receive a fresh start somewhere else.  

I apologize if I came off abrasive here NCF. I get your point & I do respect you immensely. It just bothers me when the media won't allow a guy to fix his life & they pigeon hole him with the forever damaged goods label. If I made 1 colossally horrific mistake, I would hope that society would forgive me eventually & not treat my infraction like a permanently symbolic albatross around my neck. JMO.