Should Indy sign Ray Rice? [Merge]

ColtsFanMikeC

Ray Rice play for the Colts ?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Ray Rice to indy?

• yes
    • no
    • maybe

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24758744/how-ray-rice-could-be-reinstated-to-the-nfl-within-a-month

This author seems to think the Colts and Patriots would be the 2 teams that may consider signing Ray Rice down the stretch run.  I highly doubt this, especially if T-Rich and Bradshaw stay healthy, but who knows given that he had a good relationship with Pagano when he was a Raven.  It also seems like our F.O. is willing to give people second chances.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If our RBs stay healthy,  I think we'd pass...

If they get hurt,  I think we'd have to see how the remaining RBs do....

I think if it happens it might be most likely to happen in the off-season.    Put a little more distance between the event and the signing.

It's possible.....   but I wouldn't think it's likely....

Doubt he'll ever play again in the NFL

And doubt he'll even be relevant/useful if/when he does come back

Meh, what he did really wasn't very bad honestly, compared to other players it's pretty run of the mill It's just that we saw it. He'll be back. But yeah not sure how good he'll be.

Meh, what he did really wasn't very bad honestly, compared to other players it's pretty run of the mill It's just that we saw it. He'll be back. But yeah not sure how good he'll be.

Punching his fiancée out is "run of the mill"?? I'm sorry. I know my opinion is worth a hill of beans but I just can't get behind that.

Knocking out a woman the way Money Mayweather knocks out his opponents isn't that bad?

To each their own I guess

Isn't he banned from playing for at least a year?

Yup. He's done this year.

I don't know how I feel about it. I mean, we have Trich, Bradshaw, and Boom. I feel like they are working great for us as long as no injuries happen.

If you read the article, it says he will likely be re-instated by early November.  He is appealing Goodell's suspension, and if it comes out that the Ravens and the commissioner had access to the tape and Ray Rice didn't lie to them it will likely be ruled that he shouldn't be punished by more than the original suspension Goodell put down.  IMO, Goodell is going to be facing a lot more controversy if the evidence  comes back showing he knew what happened all along and didn't make any changes until the tape was leaked.

Punching his fiancée out is "run of the mill"?? I'm sorry. I know my opinion is worth a hill of beans but I just can't get behind that.

It is pretty sad, but I think Nobody has a point.  That is unacceptable, and shouldn't be condoned in our society, but if Rice has been serious about seeking counseling and getting better, he should deserve a 2nd chance.  There are players in this league and other major sports that are gang-bangers, murderers, etc. that get away with a lot of bad things.  I am glad the NFL is starting to take a stance on domestic violence and other issues, but I think Rice deserves a 2nd chance if he is really learning from his mistake and making lifestyle changes.

That said, I'd rather not see him on the Colts, and don't see any room for him with the healthy stable of backs we have now.

It is pretty sad, but I think Nobody has a point. That is unacceptable, and shouldn't be condoned in our society, but if Rice has been serious about seeking counseling and getting better, he should deserve a 2nd chance. There are players in this league and other major sports that are gang-bangers, murderers, etc. that get away with a lot of bad things. I am glad the NFL is starting to take a stance on domestic violence and other issues, but I think Rice deserves a 2nd chance if he is really learning from his mistake and making lifestyle changes.

For the record, when I think "run of the mill" I think positive weed test.

And I have no problem giving a person who is earnest about it a second chance. One does normally have to pay a penalty first and the fault lies with Goodell on this one. It was public knowledge that he'd struck her twice before dragging her out of the elevator. He shouldn't have needed a video to take it more seriously.

Anyway, we don't need Ray Rice. I know he was dealing with injuries but I don't think he was all that last year. Now if somebody was offering Darren Sproles...

He'll play again.  He's too talented and he can be had on the cheap.  NFL fans have a short-term memory.  What Rice did is, IMHO, less monstrous than what Michael Vick did.  You don't hear much about Vick and the dog-fighting anymore.  Rice's incident will fade from media scrutiny when the next big scandal hits.  Besides, Rice isn't going to be the next Aaron Hernandez.  He has some internal issues for sure, but probably manageable with intervention.

As a Colts fan, I would like to see Ray Rice wearing the shoe.  Are you serious?  This offense would be deadly with a talent of his caliber. This stuff about being holier-than-thou and he wouldn't represent the shoe is nonsense. We have flawed people in this organization including the man at the top, himself.

Unless someone is hurt for an extended period of time Colts have no need for him. Bradshaw and T-rich are proving to be as good as any one two combo in the league and based on how he has looked in garbage time if anyone gets hurt Boom deserves first crack at being the replacement.

I'm not really sure I want this guy here.  But I still think that if he were, Pagano and Grigson are the two guys that can help rebuild his reputation (what's left of it, that is).  I think Ray deserves another chance.  And of all the teams he could succeed in, I believe he'd have a good chance here.  I'm just not sure I want us to be the guinea pig.  I have a hard time reconciling his talent with the crime he's committed.  His actions are just too deplorable to want him to be here.

Isn't he banned from playing for at least a year?

No, it was indefinite.  but-

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24758744/how-ray-rice-could-be-reinstated-to-the-nfl-within-a-month

th e article OP listed says by November is possible. I'd rather have him the Harvin though.  But neither piques my interest meter very high.

Just no Richardson is young and still can get better Rice is at the end of his career with his 3 ypc has no room here

I hardly think Rices ypc behind what was a bad O Line last year has anything to do with it otherwise I agree....Our coaches know what he is capable of behind a good run blocking O Line, But you do have to factor in....Do you want to hinge your bets on "Can still get better"....in 1 year left......Or good now......On a short term deal.....Strictly speaking of talent level and what they have done only....Not off field issues....Regardless we wont be picking him up anytime soon so its all moot

For the record, when I think "run of the mill" I think positive weed test.

And I have no problem giving a person who is earnest about it a second chance. One does normally have to pay a penalty first and the fault lies with Goodell on this one. It was public knowledge that he'd struck her twice before dragging her out of the elevator. He shouldn't have needed a video to take it more seriously.

Anyway, we don't need Ray Rice. I know he was dealing with injuries but I don't think he was all that last year. Now if somebody was offering Darren Sproles...

Personally I would have given Rice a pat on the back for smashing his wife's face in, and given Goodell 20 years behind bars. Definitely Goodell's fault.