Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thanksgiving Day Draft

Happy Thanksgiving Colts fans! Here is my celebration draft for the Colts, I think you'll like it!

-Indy trades 1st(20th overall) and 2016 1st to move up in the draft...

Round 1 Pick 6 (WASH): Leonard Williams, DT, Southern California (A)
Round 3 Pick 1 (JAX): Duke Johnson, RB, Miami (Fla.) (A)
Round 3 Pick 20: Senquez Golson, CB, Ole Miss (B)
Round 4 Pick 1 (JAX): Rashad Greene, WR, Florida State (A)
Round 4 Pick 20: Laken Tomlinson, OG, Duke (B)
Round 5 Pick 1 (JAX): Kyshoen Jarrett, SS, Virginia Tech (B+)
Round 5 Pick 20: Tyrus Thompson, OT, Oklahoma (B+)
Round 6 Pick 20: Quandre Diggs, CB, Texas (A-)
Round 6 Pick 25: Damian Swann, CB, Georgia (C+)
Round 7 Pick 20: Aaron Davis, OLB, Colorado State (B-)
Round 7 Pick 21: Stephone Anthony, ILB, Clemson ©

A guy can dream can't he? We get our stud playmaker on defense to build around in Williams. He can be our version of what Richard Seymour was in his prime. Instantly improves our pass rush and run defense.

Id rather get a beast DL and building the trenches is better than having a great OLB.

I feel what your saying and yes you have to be strong in the trenches. I just think we'll have pretty much everyone back from the D-line next year. I don't know where you stand on Jones, but I'm very high on him. He's a beast against the run, he's just had injury problems this year. I also think Redding will come back considering how well he's playing this year, and RJF has been really good this year too. Then guys like Kerr and Hughes will be more experienced and improved. One of the main reasons I think OLB is important is I'm worried if Mathis will be the same player he was considering the type of injury and his age, and our pass rush has been horrid without him.

If we could get Leonard Williams, than this might be worth it. Would be nice to get him and all the additional picks this year by trading down with our 2nd rounder as well. I would replace Swann with a WR as we really don't need 3 CB's in my opinion and we could use a 2nd WR drafted. I'm just nitpicking though, and this could be a great draft that could happen. Even the trade with the Redskins is realistic as they would be looking to get an extra 1st after wasting 3 of them on RGIII.

I feel what your saying and yes you have to be strong in the trenches. I just think we'll have pretty much everyone back from the D-line next year. I don't know where you stand on Jones, but I'm very high on him. He's a beast against the run, he's just had injury problems this year. I also think Redding will come back considering how well he's playing this year, and RJF has been really good this year too. Then guys like Kerr and Hughes will be more experienced and improved. One of the main reasons I think OLB is important is I'm worried if Mathis will be the same player he was considering the type of injury and his age, and our pass rush has been horrid without him.

None of our DL offer much pass rush. Leonard Williams would. And I feel like Newsome will continue to progress and we would still have him along with Werner outside of Mathis.

If we could get Leonard Williams, than this might be worth it. Would be nice to get him and all the additional picks this year by trading down with our 2nd rounder as well. I would replace Swann with a WR as we really don't need 3 CB's in my opinion and we could use a 2nd WR drafted. I'm just nitpicking though, and this could be a great draft that could happen. Even the trade with the Redskins is realistic as they would be looking to get an extra 1st after wasting 3 of them on RGIII.

We would hopefully be playing Senquez Golson at FS, not CB. He has the same build and could be the next Tyrann Matheiu.

Hate to douse you with reality, but we won't have a chance at getting Leonard Williams.

Also, this is the first time since 2012 that we have two picks within the top 64. I'm in favor of keeping our picks intact this year, only sacrificing picks after the third round to move up for a guy that the staff really likes (like they did with Hilton). I wouldn't want to give up all those resources for a defensive lineman.