Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Washington (+10) @ Indianapolis (11-30-14)

oldunclemark

FOX - 1 p.m. EST..

over-under - 51

10 is a lot for a team staring a new QB....take the over

Ironically Colt McCoy staring against the Colts.

'Skins have 20 turnovers in 11 games.

Colts have 276 first downs in 11 games..more than NF, GB or Denver.

Skins have 3,000 pass yards in 11 games

Adam Vinatieri till has not missed a kick (36 XPs, 25 FGs) all season

When the Colts have held a team to less than 30 points (not a lot to ask), they are 7-0

I like that last stat.  I know it's misleading, but it does kind of show how you don't need a great defense in the NFL.  A pretty good one can take you all the way.

Needless to say, the one that we saw against the Steelers and Pats was beyond bad.

Another trivial piece of trivia - Who was the last Colt to beat the Colts?

Good Lord... 

Indy has lost to NE, Denver, Philly, and Pitt... 

Add those win %'s up....

This team has obvious flaws..      BUT  ... against the teams they SHOULD beat ..  they do and crush them more times than not.

Cincy, and Balt don't have "good run games"  ???  

Sigh,,,,,,

hard for us to beat a team with a good run game and pass rush. just hope our o-line can play like at least average and not the worst in football

I like that last stat.  I know it's misleading, but it does kind of show how you don't need a great defense in the NFL.  A pretty good one can take you all the way.

Needless to say, the one that we saw against the Steelers and Pats was beyond bad.

Another trivial piece of trivia - Who was the last Colt to beat the Colts?

It was Colt McCoy who beat us as a Cleveland Brown in Indy during our 2-14 year when we had old man Kerry Collins starting.

How do you think our D will do against him because he does not turn the ball over as much? He is like a mobile Kyle Orton, IMO. Manages the game well, will use his legs occasionally only when needed and does not take risks by throwing deep too much, primarily a dink and dunk guy.

It was Colt McCoy who beat us as a Cleveland Brown in Indy during our 2-14 year when we had old man Kerry Collins starting.

How do you think our D will do against him because he does not turn the ball over as much? He is like a mobile Kyle Orton, IMO. Manages the game well, will use his legs occasionally only when needed and does not take risks by throwing deep too much, primarily a dink and dunk guy.

He was nearly flawless in his last game against the Cowboys.  Very frustrating to play a guy who does just enough to keep their offense on the field with short passes.  It will be interesting to see how well Vontae and Toler can play against Garcon and Desean.  They have a decent running game too.  I don't take any opponent lightly, but we should do well.  Not sure I'll say the same thing next week.

BTW, you got the trivia question right, but I have to admit I blocked out the entire 2011 season so I wasn't even thinking about that game.

So, who was the last Colt - who played for the Redskins - that beat the Colts?

He was nearly flawless in his last game against the Cowboys.  Very frustrating to play a guy who does just enough to keep their offense on the field with short passes.  It will be interesting to see how well Vontae and Toler can play against Garcon and Desean.  They have a decent running game too.  I don't take any opponent lightly, but we should do well.  Not sure I'll say the same thing next week.

BTW, you got the trivia question right, but I have to admit I blocked out the entire 2011 season so I wasn't even thinking about that game.

So, who was the last Colt - who played for the Redskins - that beat the Colts?

That would be Colt Brennan who played for the Redskins when they beat us in pre-season?