Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colt McCoy starting Sunday/RG3 Benched (Merge)

wesd2890

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm stunned.

And I think Gruden is making a mistake, but it's his to make.

And I think it's now going to be an on-going question as to when Washington trades or releases RG3....

He's making a mistake? They have tons of talent on that offense and RG3 can't get more than what like a 150 yards passing? He's far from making a mistake McCoy has actually made that offense go and is imo much more scarier than RG3. Colt can actually run and extend plays and still get the ball down field.

Also one factor everyone misses McCoy is a winner. He has been since college but everyone just pays attention to his flaws instead of how he wins games.

Well...the RGIII deal has turned out to be WORSE than ever imagined for Redskins fans...and the worst part is that I don't know that they can really put the blame on anyone directly. I mean Luck was drafted before RGIII was so the Skins' peeps can likely use the argument we wanted LUCK but had to take the next best option. I don't know maybe that's not the case....

Anyway, I don't know JACK about JACK but I do know that Luck (from everything I could see and from almost EVERYONE's opinion) Luck was the definitive LOCK for the #1 spot for many obvious reasons. Anyone who thought otherwise was simply silly!

He's making a mistake? They have tons of talent on that offense and RG3 can't get more than what like a 150 yards passing? He's far from making a mistake McCoy has actually made that offense go and is imo much more scarier than RG3. Colt can actually run and extend plays and still get the ball down field.

Also one factor everyone misses McCoy is a winner. He has been since college but everyone just pays attention to his flaws instead of how he wins games.

I've got nothing against Colt McCoy.

But, the franchise has three first round picks and one or two two's invested in RG3.    The team is now making a move that it's hard to back-track from.    It's going to be hard for Gruden, as a new coach, to publicly make this change, which he's about to do,  and then sometime down the road,  try and re-install RG3 as the starter.

Which means that potentially they're close to announcing that RG3 era in Washington is over......

To me,  that's stunning.

McCoy has nothing to do with my comment....

We will win no matter who plays. The teams we lose to this year all had good QBs too.......

So in a way if we lose again it might be in Dallas IMO.

I fear that matchup...normally ROMO has what like 7 seconds in his pocket to throw the ball...but against us he'll likely gain a few seconds more against our defense.

You know...it's like traveling from New York to California..you just get extra time when you do! 

I've got nothing against Colt McCoy.

But, the franchise has three first round picks and one or two two's invested in RG3. The team is now making a move that it's hard to back-track from. It's going to be hard for Gruden, as a new coach, to publicly make this change, which he's about to do, and then sometime down the road, try and re-install RG3 as the starter.

Which means that potentially they're close to announcing that RG3 era in Washington is over......

To me, that's stunning.

McCoy has nothing to do with my comment....

Apologies I thought you were referencing to McCoy. The Skins have pretty much said they are done with him. Snyder is the one who gave Gruden the go ahead to bench him. I mean this isn't a coach trying to change something this is just a "let's take our hut now and try again".

Apologies I thought you were referencing to McCoy. The Skins have pretty much said they are done with him. Snyder is the one who gave Gruden the go ahead to bench him. I mean this isn't a coach trying to change something this is just a "let's take our hut now and try again".

Sorry...just for clarification where did you get evidence that Snyder directly gave Gruden the "go ahead" to bench RGIII ? I don't recall seeing that anywhere. Was that just an assumption on your part ?

I have a bad feeling about this. I don't like it at all.

Come on man..anything is possible YES... but it's not the PATS. I'll bet you were more confident going against the PATS and then BAAAM!! confidence crushed. It's the 'Skins man...sure there are trap games but I don't see that as this one. Our team gets it done this week guaranteed (almost) :)

Sorry...just for clarification where did you get evidence that Snyder directly gave Gruden the "go ahead" to bench RGIII ? I don't recall seeing that anywhere. Was that just an assumption on your part ?

I don't know how to link to an article in my NFL app bUT I received the notification yesterday and there was a quick 3 paragraph article about Snyder giving Gruden the "OK" to bench RG3.

No apologies need....   but thanks...     :thmup:

I just read the ESPN story and it says the Redskins -- at least for now -- still view RG3 as part of their future.

My initial reaction was that if they're serious about that,  then I think they're crazy.

My guess is RG3 starts the countdown to forcing his way out of town....  either by trade,  or getting released.

And with so much invested (4 draft picks)  I think that's a big deal.....

I just read the ESPN story and it says the Redskins -- at least for now -- still view RG3 as part of their future.

My initial reaction was that if they're serious about that,  then I think they're crazy.

My guess is RG3 starts the countdown to forcing his way out of town....  either by trade,  or getting released.

I don't see any possibility of them releasing him....if they do in fact view him as gone (whether it be from RGIII's side or Skins' side) they will get SOMETHING in return for him. SOMEONE is willing to give up SOMETHING for him in hopes that RGIII IS IN FACT the premier top notch QB everyone thought he was and his failures were a result of crappy GM and Coaching in Skins' land.

Like you said...SO MUCH INVESTED...they want SOME return there.

The Skins have been bad but don't get it twisted...this one is no gimme. I was actually hoping RG3 would play. Colt McCoy seems like the kind of guy that our defense likes to make into a stud for a day. Skins will be inspired now that he is back in the pocket and Griffin has been benched for his poor play. Many in that locker room did not want RG3 to take back over from Colt. This game just got tougher.

Colts are soft defensively so Alfred Morris could have a field day running the ball.

ahhhh, remember the good ol days when people actually thought he was better than luck? lol, fast forward 3 years later and hes being benched in favor of a guy thats barely played the last couple seasons. funny

It's fun looking back at these clowns,  here's another one.

http://sportsbizusa.com/blog/congrats-colts-you-may-have-made-one-of-worst-nfl-decisions-ever-by-cutting-peyton-and-passing-on-rgiii

Ad that +3 years too what they spent with RG-experiment.

It is ridiculous how much he is already thrown under the bus:

"Just last week, ESPN’s Steve Young said he heard from coaches he trusted — presumably Mike Shanahan — that RGIII doesn’t put the work in off the field and in the classroom. He’s a mess mechanically and with his footwork."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dose-rg3-benched-d-c-064300341--nfl.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Perhaps it ends RG3 vs. Luck conversations in Football media. Case closed.