Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

luck vs rg3

CR91

2 years ago, this topic was instant fire and fighting.

Now.... Not so much, funny to think after their first respective seasons RG3 was on a par if not above Luck in the eyes of some.

Even many Redskins fans have given up on RG3.  It's sad, to be honest.  Washington has some really loyal fans and they went all in with RG3, but Snyder doesn't know how to properly run a team.  I feel bad for their fans

Even many Redskins fans have given up on RG3.  It's sad, to be honest.  Washington has some really loyal fans and they went all in with RG3, but Snyder doesn't know how to properly run a team.  I feel bad for their fans

Yeah I had a little look over their forums there and it's just...as you said sad. Verging between calls to tank for Mariota, to those saying doesn't matter anyway while Snyder is there. Interesting topic discussing what they would have had to offer us to get the #1 pick to take Luck.

Makes here look like one big happy family where all is well and it's rainbows and candy drops every day.

Such a badly run team, their fans deserve better.

this was a much anticpated matchup when they got drafted and I honestly thought this could be a great rivalry as did probably many people and to see the difference two and a half seasons makes is just amazing.

First off, on an unrelated topic, I gotta give CR91 credit along with JJ for correctly claiming that the Oakland Raiders would beat KC Chiefs on TNF on NFL Network. You guys were right & I crashed & burned on my predictions again. LOL! Nice work fellas. 

Regarding RG3, he's done in Virginia I think. He's making poor decisions, he can't run like his rookie year anymore, & if I was Daniel Synder I wouldn't pick up his contract for $18 million coming up soon. 

Luck is in another stratosphere light years ahead of  RG3 & I'm not even sure a new franchise would help him at this point. He needs a no nonsense coach like Jeff Fisher to save his career & ownership that will back the HC completely. If the NY Giants let Coughlin go after this season & RG3 ends up in say NY with Coughin & the Jets that could work, but I'd like to see Coughlin as the new HC in Atlanta personally. 

I know this sounds cruel, but I am giddy over Skip having to admit that RG3 is playing like crap & Luck is out performing him on the field. It's fantastic! 

I was still bummed that the NY Giants lost to the dreaded Dallas Cowboys. Darn it! I thought Big Blue was gonna pull a victory out last night. Sigh...I hate it when Dallas wins. It sucks. INDY won though so I'm okay fortunately. 

Even many Redskins fans have given up on RG3.  It's sad, to be honest.  Washington has some really loyal fans and they went all in with RG3, but Snyder doesn't know how to properly run a team I feel bad for their fans

You can say that again 21st. The fans do deserve better. Put Colt McCoy in, he couldn't do any worse & he's actually won football games too something that RG3 has clearly forgotten how to do. 

Daniel Synder has got to learn that buying hired guns or top tier talent does not guarantee division titles or SB rings. Hire a coach, trust his judgment, don't undermine him in favor of your QB, & stay the hades out of the way. 

Is Skip Bayless waiting with breathless anticipation for this?

What I find so funny is that Skip is saying "Free Johnny Manziel & Free RG3"...Ah Skip, if you're implying that both men are destined for Greatness like Nelson Mandela, let's not get carried away alright.

RG3's confidence looks extremely rattled on the field & Johnny Football hasn't exactly lit the field on fire at the next level either so Bayless's clairvoyant track record is far from NFL visionary.

He hasn't admitted he was wrong yet at least with RG3 yet, but that day will come whether he is ready for it or not.  

Yeah I had a little look over their forums there and it's just...as you said sad. Verging between calls to tank for Mariota, to those saying doesn't matter anyway while Snyder is there. Interesting topic discussing what they would have had to offer us to get the #1 pick to take Luck.

Makes here look like one big happy family where all is well and it's rainbows and candy drops every day.

They have everything but a QB. Not saying they're a great roster, but what other real problems do they have? And how many of those problem areas might have been addressed with the draft picks they gave up for Griffin?

I think whatever issues they have could be fixed in just a couple of offseasons, if that. But the QB isn't what they thought he'd be, so they need to have an above average to great supporting cast to do anything special.

What I find so funny is that Skip is saying "Free Johnny Manziel & Free RG3"...Ah Skip, if you're implying that both men are destined for Greatness like Nelson Mandela, let's not get carried away alright.

RG3's confidence looks extremely rattled on the field & Johnny Football hasn't exactly lit the field on fire at the next level either so Bayless's clairvoyant track record is far from NFL visionary.

He hasn't admitted he was wrong yet at least with RG3 yet, but that day will come whether he is ready for it or not.  

Can't take Skip Clueless too seriously, he also said Tebow was going to be a good QB in the NFL.  Being In California, and watching Stanford on an almost weekly basis, I was hoping and praying that the Colts would take Luck over RGIII.  IIRC, wasn't Polian on the RGIII bandwagon?

The TRich trade was worse than bad. As for RGIII, he might get it together whereas TRich will be out of the league within a year or two.

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. I'd take a chance on the 3rd player drafted over all before taking a chance on a late round pick that you don't know will work out anyways, and Richardson has been productive whereas RGIII has been hurt so much. I'm sure the Rams are happy they got all those picks... and will be a good team once they could get a quarterback along with a few receivers.

The TRich trade was worse than bad. As for RGIII, he might get it together whereas TRich will be out of the league within a year or two.

I have to disagree with you.  I think it is just another case of the Colts not having a good run blocking line.  TRich will go to some other team and do quite well.

Can't take Skip Clueless too seriously, he also said Tebow was going to be a good QB in the NFL.  Being In California, and watching Stanford on an almost weekly basis, I was hoping and praying that the Colts would take Luck over RGIII.  IIRC, wasn't Polian on the RGIII bandwagon?

I was pretty confident Luck was gonna be our new field general in INDY. He always says the right thing to the media & you could just feel calmness ooze of of him like steam. 

Polian might have been rooting for RG3 I can't remember anymore. Like you Sting, I'm just relieved that we made chose Chewbacca when the dust settled. He's an exceptional young man. INDYs in great hands for the next 12-15 years. 

All of the time spent at Subway while not reading the playbook is what hurt RGIII.

Either that or RG3 was too consumed with his brandname vs winning football after his rookie year. For awhile there, RG3 was in more commercials than on the field. 

Keep improving your craft during games & your reputation as a winner will take care of itself. RG3 jumped the gun there a little bit. 

Luck is awesome because football is in his blood...Celebrity status means nothing to him. That's why I love this kid. 

I was pretty confident Luck was gonna be our new field general in INDY. He always says the right thing to the media & you could just feel calmness ooze of of him like steam. 

Polian might have been rooting for RG3 I can't remember anymore. Like you Sting, I'm just relieved that we made chose Chewbacca when the dust settled. He's an exceptional young man. INDYs in great hands for the next 12-15 years. 

Griggs needs to make sure that he surrounds Luck with a good O-line.  No matter the cost, this has to be a priority.  Give Luck the time Romo has and we are looking at numerous SB titles.

Griggs needs to make sure that he surrounds Luck with a good O-line.  No matter the cost, this has to be a priority.  

Yep, getting stomped by NE confirmed that reality better than anything else ever could. It's o-line or bust if INDY wants to have any hope of a SB run over the next 3 drafts or Andrew Luck won't be able to show the league how truly great he is & our running game will never flourish. 

No more TEs or WRs get a nice line of protection up front whatever it takes. Do that & everything else falls into place & flows smoothly. 

They have everything but a QB. Not saying they're a great roster, but what other real problems do they have? And how many of those problem areas might have been addressed with the draft picks they gave up for Griffin?

I think whatever issues they have could be fixed in just a couple of offseasons, if that. But the QB isn't what they thought he'd be, so they need to have an above average to great supporting cast to do anything special.

A fair post, they've got solid roster with play makers at WR and RB but they really have struggled for even just consistent play at QB. You've got to ask what could they have done with all those picks and oo I dunno let's play devil's and say picked Wilson :P 

Even many Redskins fans have given up on RG3. It's sad, to be honest. Washington has some really loyal fans and they went all in with RG3, but Snyder doesn't know how to properly run a team. I feel bad for their fans

I think the team has given up on him too. But I don't think it's about Snyder not knowing how to run a team, but more so not yet giving up on someone they gave their livers up for. without RG3's run ability, he just isn't a good qb which was a critique on him by many.

It's more funny than sad.

You certainly didn't... given that you professed RG3 to be the pick of the class.

lol. I never professed RG as that. But I really thought he would be a solid QB by now and right there with Luck. He showed a lot of promise his rookie season but has hit a wall and also some lousy coaching. Goes to show how difficult is to predict the toughest position in all of sports.

Luck vs. RG3 is going to be about the same as Manning vs. Leaf although RG3 hasn't been quite as bad as Leaf.  However the answer has been obvious for some time now.

Really it's going to turn into Luck vs. Wilson sort of like it turned from Manning vs. Leaf to Manning vs. Brady.

The big difference is . . . and the media is going to hate this.  Luck and Wilson will only play eachother once every 4 years in the regular season and if they both make it to the SB.  So the media isn't going to be able to have as much fun with it.  Manning and Brady have played nearly every year.  They won't get that with this matchup.

No they don't. Their lines are horrible. Winning starts there.