Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Opinions on art jones

Jdubu

what have you all seen good or lacking in his play since his return? I never noticed him yesterday and it would seem that I should being he was our big FA pick up. We need more of a difference maker to step up the game along the line when we play the elite teams. Has he stood out to anyone?

I think it's unrealistic to expect a great game from him coming back from injury, after missing quite a few games.

He should get back into the rotation and I am sure we will start to see him making plays. I just hope he get's into a groove come playoffs.

I think Art is a very good player, but has definitely been hampered by injuries. He was very good for the Ravens, and I would give him until the end of next year, where hopefully he plays healthy all year. Redding has played well, so you generally can't go wrong with ex- Raven defensive players. He is a hard-nosed guy.

Yeah apart from the pick and forced fumbles our D got.... Pretty quiet I guess..

And the three points, and 3/12 on third down, and 3.6 yards/play, and four sacks, etc. 

I'm not thrilled with the defensive performance, as it was a weak opponent, but the defense played a good game. Too many missed tackles, and a sloppy scrape/exchange on the read option, that's about all I can complain about, defensively.

For the people who seem to keep saying over and over that they're disappointed that Jones has done more.....

He hasn't played much.    In fact, he's barely played at all.

-- He played the opening game against Denver.

-- He played one quarter against Philly and got hurt early in the 2nd Q

-- He played a quarter or two against Pittsburgh and then took himself out because he was still hurt and admitted he shouldn't have played.

-- He played 4 quarters yesterday.

That's barely 10 quarters of football the entire season.

The rest of the time,  he's been hurt with the bad high ankle sprain.

For the people who seem to keep saying over and over that they're disappointed that Jones has done more.....

He hasn't played much.    In fact, he's barely played at all.

-- He played the opening game against Denver.

-- He played one quarter against Philly and got hurt early in the 2nd Q

-- He played a quarter or two against Pittsburgh and then took himself out because he was still hurt and admitted he shouldn't have played.

-- He played 4 quarters yesterday.

That's barely 10 quarters of football the entire season.

The rest of the time,  he's been hurt with the bad high ankle sprain.

What you're missing is the fact that, because he got hurt playing football when another 300 pound man landed on his ankle, he's soft and we shouldn't have signed him.

You're also missing the very obvious connection, that we lost the three games that Jones had played in, prior to yesterday. So that means he's bad and we shouldn't have signed him. 

I hope that helps...

What you're missing is the fact that, because he got hurt playing football when another 300 pound man landed on his ankle, he's soft and we shouldn't have signed him.

You're also missing the very obvious connection, that we lost the three games that Jones had played in, prior to yesterday. So that means he's bad and we shouldn't have signed him. 

I hope that helps...

Thanks.....   I needed that!       :funny:       :spit:

I especially liked the last line....      serves me right!    :thmup:     (I hope you notice, I never use that anymore!)

I think jones is a pretty good player, just hasn't played much due to the ankle injury.  As long as he remains healthy from here on out his value will be shown.

We certainly need his contribution, but as a whole we need the defense to dig deeper and play their techniques, tackling, and run fits on a higher level to get

where we want to be. 

what have you all seen good or lacking in his play since his return? I never noticed him yesterday and it would seem that I should being he was our big FA pick up. We need more of a difference maker to step up the game along the line when we play the elite teams. Has he stood out to anyone?

It's his first game back after an injury that sidelined him for a substantial amount of time. Prior to the injury and please review the tape he is an Anchor of this difference believe it or not. He is a huge part of the reason we were so effective in stopping the run in the beginning of the season. 

It's his first game back after an injury that sidelined him for a substantial amount of time. Prior to the injury and please review the tape he is an Anchor of this difference believe it or not. He is a huge part of the reason we were so effective in stopping the run in the beginning of the season.

I brought up the question for those who really pay attention to certain positions and techniques. I have no opinion either way really except for the fact I just hadn't seen his name stand out. I supported the acquisition of him and hope the injury is isolated and doesn't linger in the contract.

I brought up the question for those who really pay attention to certain positions and techniques. I have no opinion either way really except for the fact I just hadn't seen his name stand out. I supported the acquisition of him and hope the injury is isolated and doesn't linger in the contract.

Im hoping that once he gets back into Game shape that he will return to the form he played at earlier in the season. That loss to NE still left a sour taste in my mouth.