Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anybody have a video of Cribbs TD that was called back?

cbear

The penalty was because a player was blocked outside the field of play. Total nonsense. I don't get it.

The penalty was because when you blocker a gunner out of bounds you cannot prevent them from coming back onto the field of play which the Colts' player did.  It was an unfortunate penalty but it WAS a penalty.

The penalty was because when you blocker a gunner out of bounds you cannot prevent them from coming back onto the field of play which the Colts' player did.  It was an unfortunate penalty but it WAS a penalty.

Yeah, if whoever stayed on the guy had just stopped it would have been fine. I don't know what he was thinking because the player pretty much took himself out of the play... and wouldn't have been able to do anything to stop Josh Cribbs.

I like this article on him along with a video, and some fun comments. http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2014/11/23/new-colts-returner-josh-cribbs-does-not-like-to-fair-catch/19454419/

"I told the guys right away (that) I don't fair catch too often on (returns)," the free agent pickup said. "If (the ball) stays inbounds, I'm bringing it out of the end zone." Cribbs said watching tape of the Colts' return unit gave him the confidence to unleash his talent from the outset. In the 23-3 victory over Jacksonville, Cribbs amassed 112 return yards, a total that doesn't include an 82-yard touchdown return negated by a penalty. "A lot of holes have been there (in past weeks), so teams are going to have to watch out," Cribbs said. "If they want me to stay in (the end zone) they're going to have to kick it out (of it)."

No video of the return can be found, but it did hit the ground before he picked it up and ran with it. Needless to say Josh has amazing vision out there on the field.

When did that happen about when in the game? I just watch the game on NFL rewind and didn't see it.... Anybody? and then I can check it out. I got the game up now.

4:42 left in the third quarter.  I get the feeling that since it was called back, they might have edited it out of a lot of these replay packages.